Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report by Sam Edmund on SEN that Bundy is closing in on an extension (and has been passed fit for Saturday).

Not bad for a bloke who apparently would prevent us winning any games this year.

9 wins out of 11 games and a new contract.

Absolutely sensational montage on us to open up 360 tonight.

And damn near every big moment had a memorable comment from Huddo. The best.

But the best thing was Zorks standing up for Adams. Certain someone with the skills will give us a link - it is worth a look. :thumbsu:

I reckon they could've squeezed the round one win against the Eagles in there.

Inspirational stuff about the Berry family.

Most of you probably can't get past the CM paywall and I'm too stupid to figure out how to share it.

A workaround would be great if someone has the knowhow

Try this

Have just read it myself now. What a piece. Brilliant feature.

Last edited:

I love that they had the 2017 game against Essendon in there.

That was the day I knew the boys were building something special.

One of the frustrations watching the Gabba games on the TV is the empty corporate and sponsors boxes. A sellout is presumably just a reference to the GA and other publicly available seats.

Yep, it's the same here in Vic with the empty corporate and sponsors boxes... They are part of the participating team's stadium deals...So they are considered sold whether the participating team was able to lock in a purchaser for them on that day or not...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it's the same here in Vic with the empty corporate and sponsors boxes... They are part of the participating team's stadium deals...So they are considered sold whether the participating team was able to lock in a purchaser for them on that day or not...

Actually no. Swanny said on the road deal that the stadium comes clean and that they've been helping the AFL by working to sell all the corporate boxes which the lions actually get a cut of as opposed to regular tickets. The Gabba themselves don't actually sell full year boxes and the lions corporate packages don't include finals (although you do get first right to purchase your box for finals)

Actually no. Swanny said on the road deal that the stadium comes clean and that they've been helping the AFL by working to sell all the corporate boxes which the lions actually get a cut of as opposed to regular tickets. The Gabba themselves don't actually sell full year boxes and the lions corporate packages don't include finals (although you do get first right to purchase your box for finals)
Last week I purchased a 12 seat corporate box from the Lions Corporate Division for Saturday nights game. The Lions handled ALL details with regards to the transaction but I assumed that these funds also went back to the AFL rather than the Lions as it would have should it was a standard home & away game. In saying that, I am sure some of this $ will come back to the club eventually. If I get the chance on Saturday night, I will ask the question.

What's annoying, is that while there are members out there who missed out on seats, radio stations are still giving away freebies.
Agree. Think it should be made easier for Lions membership holders to secure seats for finals such as this one. Its been this way for many years but never has it been the right way for selling finals tickets.

Agree. Think it should be made easier for Lions membership holders to secure seats for finals such as this one. Its been this way for many years but never has it been the right way for selling finals tickets.
I think an early registration for Members, similar to the Grand Final would be a better way to go for the Finals games.

Last week I purchased a 12 seat corporate box from the Lions Corporate Division for Saturday nights game. The Lions handled ALL details with regards to the transaction but I assumed that these funds also went back to the AFL rather than the Lions as it would have should it was a standard home & away game. In saying that, I am sure some of this $ will come back to the club eventually. If I get the chance on Saturday night, I will ask the question.
We get a clip of those sales, not general tickets.

Excellent news. What time should I rock up to gate 3? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back