Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redden too - I don't even recall that he was agitating to leave, just that we knew that free agency was the following year and we could get good value that year if he was looking to leave. I definitely wasn't left with the feeling that he forced our hand.

Leppa didn't know how to use Redden. Tried to turn him into a winger and at the end of the day he was happy to let him go. Plus he matured faster than his bestie and that's why any of us know anything about massive toolbag Gus or whatever the he'll his name was. Jack was great, another misstep by Leppa but I couldn't be happier that he won a premiership to be honest. The club was ****ed, we got good value... He still isn't used to the full of his capacity at his new club but he's probably the number 4 midfielder in a premiership side

Yep, very sad, all the best to Dayne his family and close friends, mental health is still a grossly misunderstood medical issue even for the professionals.

I really hope this puts an end to some of the ridiculous over the top anti Dayne Beams stuff that has appeared on our board spasmodically since his departure.

People seem to forget he lost his father just last year,it takes some years to fully recover from that kind of loss.

People seem to forget he lost his father just last year,it takes some years to fully recover from that kind of loss.

Having gone through it about 6 months before beams it's no picnic that's for sure

Keep pushing forward Beamer. One day at a time.
Been in some dark places akin to where Beams appears to be at the moment. Very difficult at times to battle the sense of hopelessness consuming you. As you said, simply have to ride it out one day at a time and continue to cultivate the positive habits that are going to get you out of the mental hole you've found yourself in. He'll get there. I just hope in the meantime people leave him alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you to all the Lions fans showing so much empathy for Dayne Beams. Life is bigger than football.
As my favourite player, I was devastated when he was traded to you guys but I understood.
The importance of Dayne being with his father, far outweighed my desire to see him remain at Collingwood. I was glad he left. I was glad for him, his Dad and his family.
Family first.

This probs would mean bugger all as I was a peasant that booed him this year. But if he gets the opportunity to play up here next season I will be cheering.

Always loved beama before he came up here. Best of luck mate.

....can't read it, can you elaborate a bit?
This is what it says, but it sounds like complete bullshit!

BEAMS TO RETIRE DUE TO OFF FIELD DRAMAS
Collingwood is RUMOURED to announce that Dayne BEAMS will be forced to retire/SACKED.
Sources say COLLINGWOOD are going TO cut ties and DAYNE is going to ‘retire’ TO avoid them PAYING out his lucrative DEAL.
Senior CLUB officials are rumoured TO be over all THE baggage AND trouble that has come WITH his arrival AT the club.
What are your thoughts, Collingwood fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back