Preview Second Qualifying Final, Saturday 7th September 2019, 7.25pm. v Tigers @ the Gabba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
been a long 2 weeks.. then after this weekend we wait another 2 weeks for prelim :)
The only bad thing about us overcoming the Tigers this week is that they will get another home game at the MCG ha!, except i see them as having peaked and going out in straight sets.

The Tigers fans overconfidence is great, I think the team will push us to our limit but I know we will drown out the chant and will our boys to victory

inaralover

Senior List
May 6, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Matthews, Hodge, Fagan and the turd Scott brother...Fair to say you have a lot to thank us for. Anyways, while you leathery skin stoners find a way to thank me, can I hang around here and get on the Lions bandwagon?

First time I have ever heard about this turd Scott brother. All this time I thought there were only two.

First time I have ever heard about this turd Scott brother. All this time I thought there were only two.

To be sure, 'tis Paddy O'Scott, the long lost tird Scott brutta.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fages saying no home ground advantage.I get it.But every Lions supporter that is at the game bring your energy,your voice and OUR BOYS WILL BRING IT HOME.CARN YOU LIONS!!

Was a weird stray away from his general messaging I thought. All year he has thanked supporters, talked about how loud it is, referenced a fortress. Now in finals week he is saying there is no home ground advantage? not angry or anything, was just an odd one from the master, especially when he is big on keeping everything normal and the same in the lead up.

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
Was a weird stray away from his general messaging I thought. All year he has thanked supporters, talked about how loud it is, referenced a fortress. Now in finals week he is saying there is no home ground advantage? not angry or anything, was just an odd one from the master, especially when he is big on keeping everything normal and the same in the lead up.

Sounds like he was trying to keep the team switched on. Just because we are playing at home don't think this game will be any easier, you have to be ready for anything and you have to come out fired up and ready to play. That was my take on it.

Sounds like he was trying to keep the team switched on. Just because we are playing at home don't think this game will be any easier, you have to be ready for anything and you have to come out fired up and ready to play. That was my take on it.
He had similar messaging during our 3 home games towards the end of the year.
Can’t relax just because we are playing at home, need to stay up and focused on the job at hand. And this week is a massive assignment.
Finals crowd - we will probably just outnumber them but when Richmond score a goal the noise will be like a home game for them. So to an extent, the noise home ground advantage is lost or nullified.
The message is the same and that is to focus on the job at hand. And afterwards he will thank the crowd! If we win? But we will!

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Yeah totally understand the thinking, just an odd one IMO. No harm done.

Absolutely surprising amount of cocky Richmind supporters on the main board. There's too many of them to talk with properly. What a wonderful victory it would be if we pull it off.

They keep telling us they wernt playing their normal game and when they come to the Gabba they'll click into gear and wipe us out by 60 odd points.

They keep telling us they wernt playing their normal game and when they come to the Gabba they'll click into gear and wipe us out by 60 odd points.

I think we could lose by 60 but could just as easily win by 30. If one team is off, the other will blow them away.

If both are on, you'd hope the home advantage will help us get to a 2-4 goal win.

Gabbattoir

Debutant
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I thought that too but then I thought crafty old bugger. I’m guessing his aim is to negate the fact at some stage we have to win this thing away from home. By saying we have no home advantage he might really be sending the message that no one else does either. He knows the reality of it I’m sure but maybe he is using it as a way to build some away confidence for the boys.

Oct 8, 2018
Hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Tassie Devils, Tasmania JackJumpers
In the HUN today...
59FC2F74-A7E0-4A2C-B354-0E398F7E476D.jpeg

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I'm gonna start compiling the list of best Richmond nuffs. Edited for dramatic effects

OUr gaMepLAN standS uP IN FiNAls
YOU ThInK We WILL Have 1 iNside 50 tACKle foR ThE GaMe?
MARTin aNd CoTcHIN wILL sPeNd MORe TIme in MidFIelD
lYncH AnD rIEWOLDT wILl tOWEL Up younG aNDrEws ANd spUD gArDineR
yOU ThiNK wE will Let LoCHie nEalE hAVe 50 tOucHes AgAIN?
yOU thiNk WE WIll lEt mccLUGgagE roam fReeLY aGAiN?
nAnKerVIs is CoMinG bacK And WiLL sMASH MarTiN & BIG o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back