Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

I got invited to that richmond v Lions game today. It's obvious Lions don't play MCG very well. They didn't handle pressure well in the first quarter. Did better in the 2nd half, but the damage was done.
Not that Richmond were that great today. Lots of missed shots and fumbles.

I was sitting on Level 2. First time in AFL Members. Nice view.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Cogs signed on for 7 years with GWS - suck that Carlton and all Vic clybs

The vfl barrackers are in tears.. claiming the vfl secretly paid him to stay and paying extra in ambassador fees and also crying about a deal with adidas!
How many vfl players in Melbourne are making more from third party deals from Nike puma ect..

bless those poor bleeding hearts

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great Fun watching the Handbaggers Franchise Board melting down over the Kelly trade request to WCE.
They like to think of themselves as a destination Club, but that's really only if you were born there or thereabouts
Hawkins(Father Son)32yo Selwood(Bendigo) 32 yo Dangerfield (Moggs Creek) 30 yo Ablett (Father Son)36yo
What would they be without those guys?
We'll find out in a couple of years

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
They like to think of themselves as a destination Club, but that's really only if you were born there or thereabouts
Hawkins(Father Son)32yo Selwood(Bendigo) 32 yo Dangerfield (Moggs Creek) 30 yo Ablett (Father Son)36yo
What would they be without those guys?
We'll find out in a couple of years
They profited massively from the old father / son rule.
Hawkins at 40 allowed them to still pick up Selwood at pick 7.
Ablett at 41 allowed them to pick up Bartel at 8.

Our big coup was Bowes at pick 10 and he was valued at pick 10.....:rolleyes:

There was such an emotional pies documentary on last night on ABC. It goes into more than collingwood. Gives you a real insight the psyche and mental stability of players as they deal with the life of an AFL player. There was a real humanity side to the story, and I recommend this to any supporter, opposition or otherwise.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Crouch brothers spotted on a plane to the GC from Adelaide this morning...
I’d say just a golf trip with a few teammates
FC81117A-F0EF-4FB9-98D8-078FB2BE73A4.png

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’d say just a golf trip with a few teammates

Having said that you can land a five iron from Royal Pines into the Metricon forward pocket over the water
They might just be inclined to pop in and have a look;)
Interestingly when Evans mentioned enticing mids to the Suns earlier this year Crouch was the one that immediately sprang to my mind

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Having said that you can land a five iron from Royal Pines into the Metricon forward pocket over the water
They might just be inclined to pop in and have a look;)
Interestingly when Evans mentioned enticing mids to the Suns earlier this year Crouch was the one that immediately sprang to my mind
The Crouch brothers and Seedsman (who we chased a few years ago)
All suns bound I like it.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I think Crouch's are really overrated.
B+/A- versions of Touk Miller's
They + Rory Sloane were the mainstays of a midfield that got pumped.

Happy to get them as they'll obviously make us better, but they certainly don't improve our skill level.
Don't want to sell our soul to go down that route.

Back