Recommitted Jack Petruccelle [out of contract 2020]

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not that I buy these rumours in the first place, but that's a brand new account that's made a grand total of 5 comments. Whatever they say is even less relevant than a regular "ITK"

exxcessivve

All Australian
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Port
Not that I buy these rumours in the first place, but that's a brand new account that's made a grand total of 5 comments. Whatever they say is even less relevant than a regular "ITK"

It'd be odd to make an account just to dispel a rumour that lacks much credibility, but nevertheless thanks for checking that. I didn't bother :oops:

No it's not paying overs at all.

Of course it is. Especially when you consider the calibre of footballer we've been linked with for who we'd need to part with that pick.

Petruccelle has plenty of talent but he's not a proven footballer at AFL level by any stretch.

Downgrading a top 10 pick for a pick which could balloon out to 40 to bring him in would be madness.

The only way I'm giving up that pick 8 in a deal involving Petruccelle is if we're getting a first round pick in return as well.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Of course it is. Especially when you consider the calibre of footballer we've been linked with for who we'd need to part with that pick.

Petruccelle has plenty of talent but he's not a proven footballer at AFL level by any stretch.

Downgrading a top 10 pick for a pick which could balloon out to 40 to bring him in would be madness.

The only way I'm giving up that pick 8 in a deal involving Petruccelle is if we're getting a first round pick in return as well.
Pick 8 for Petruccelle and Eagles first round would be pretty much on the mark. I really like the skill set he brings and for a second year, he has done very well breaking into our forward line.

I’m hearing he is really settled in Perth leading to him staying, which would please me even more.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
At Minimum Gold Coast would want a top 10 pick and probably a decent fringe player for Martin, so you probably have to do another trade to get that top 10 pick to satisfy the Suns. Don't think they would want a future 1st from the Dogs, but you never know.

Martin isnt worth a top 10 pick.

Late 1st early 2nd more like it.

Flashes of brilliance but no consistency and unforfilled potential sums up Martin.

exxcessivve

All Australian
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Port
GC liked him in his draft year from memory. Maybe they'll come calling with a great offer in future.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Petrucelle has two talents we are in genuine need of - elite speed and elite tackling efforts.

As a goalkicking half-forward, he would be a very handy addition to our list and would command a game every week as we are obviously in need of a small forward.

Naturally the attention and focus will be on securing Papley but if that doesn't happen, Petrucelle is a terrific fall-back option for the Blues.

I have since found out that the Eagles have #22 which they snaffled from the Swans so the deal should be #8 for Petrucelle & #22 which is far fairer and equitable for both parties.

The Blues could take #22 and offer it to the Lions in exchange for Tom Cutler (who is superfluous to their needs right now) & their second rounder (which should be somewhere in the thirties).

The pick in the thirties could be used in a deal with Richmond to secure Dan Butler.

If that all was done, the Blues would have turned #3 into Liam Stocker, Jack Petrucelle, Tom Cutler & Dan Butler.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Do you bozos actually pay attention to the quality of the draft pool ??

This year, if you haven't got pick 1 or 2, you have lucked out badly, it's very thin on talent.

Therefore, you trade your picks for players who fill a strategic hole on your list, not take them to the draft.

Also, Carlton don't need any more 'fresh faced' players from the draft, we have squillions of them already. What we do need is players who have some senior experience already.

Back