Discussion State of our jumper

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has anyone purchased one of the new media polo's?? They look great, but they also look skin tight.
I'm just wondering if the sizing is snug or regular so that I don't end up looking like a walrus in a wetsuit.

View attachment 589769
What I want to know is what have the Club/X Blades got against cotton?? - you're hard pushed to find anything that looks like it's seen a natural fibre on the website.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
My blood red training tee arrived in the post the other day - boy does it look fantastic! Would've taken a snap in the gym but don't want to be one of 'those' guys.

I'd say for the XBlades stuff, if you're a solidly built guy then I'd go with XL and up. I'm 91KG at the minute, and XL fits me nicely.
What difference do you see between the garment you purchased and those awesome looking tops we're seeing the players wear this preseason?

What difference do you see between the garment you purchased and those awesome looking tops we're seeing the players wear this preseason?
There's no difference?

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
We're dipping back into this 97 page atrocity with some news out of the Deliveroo announcement.

Apparently the 2020 members scarf has ISC branding on it so we may be on our way back now that the 3 year xblades deal is up.

Here's hoping for a repeat of the fantastic 2016 clash jumper or the candy stripes from 05

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
We're dipping back into this 97 page atrocity with some news out of the Deliveroo announcement.

Apparently the 2020 members scarf has ISC branding on it so we may be on our way back now that the 3 year xblades deal is up.

Here's hoping for a repeat of the fantastic 2016 clash jumper or the candy stripes from 05

Loving this bump.

Down for any candy stripes version, although the current clash is probably the best use of the original hot cross bun - always worked well with white shorts as a clash jumper on the occasion that we did do that in its initial run.

Interested to see if they'll keep the white collar and cuffs (ISC ran with black from 2011-2016).

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2009
Moorabbin
AFL Club
St Kilda
Loving this bump.

View attachment 739920View attachment 739918

Down for any candy stripes version, although the current clash is probably the best use of the original hot cross bun - always worked well with white shorts as a clash jumper on the occasion that we did do that.

Interested to see if they'll keep the white collar and cuffs (ISC ran with black from 2011-2016).

The black looks was tougher than the white IMO

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The black looks was tougher than the white IMO

Would look better with the older-style large shield panel, but apparently the AFL has rules against how large a club logo can be on a jumper (depending on where it's placed, also).

Also down for the 1966-style black collars and white cuffs, which I think would look good with the tighter-fitting templates now.

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
How are we changing sponsors, jumpers and suppliers yet still trying to charge our members $150-$200 for merch at the end of season 'clearance' sale. Baffling!

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Black one looks nice
Can handle deliveroo logo in white
Still does my head in that the saints crest is lower mind u
Deliveroo in white would be the most aethetically pleasing like the old Jeld-Wen logo a big teal box would be doing neither brand any favours and you really wouldn't be able to make out the white logo. FYI thats why the whiteboxed Pepper Money logo is silly.

Probably an AFL rule that the sponsor logo must be in line with the afl logo. Below the sponsor keeps it around the heart where it should be if it was above it would look really bad.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Probably an AFL rule that the sponsor logo must be in line with the afl logo. Below the sponsor keeps it around the heart where it should be if it was above it would look really bad.

Pies have the sponsor logo in line with the AFL logo, but have their logo above the sponsor logo. Looks far better.

I really hate the location of the crest. I've got no idea why the AFL logo takes prime position on a teams Guernsey. It should be smaller, at the neck. Sponsor logo on the right of the chest, team logo on the left.
Not to mention the AFL logos on the numbers on the back, too.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Pies have the sponsor logo in line with the AFL logo, but have their logo above the sponsor logo. Looks far better.

I really hate the location of the crest. I've got no idea why the AFL logo takes prime position on a teams Guernsey. It should be smaller, at the neck. Sponsor logo on the right of the chest, team logo on the left.
Not to mention the AFL logos on the numbers on the back, too.
I don't see why we can't do the same as football/soccer clubs and have a big logo in the middle of the jumper and the club logo on the breast. I guess some clubs like the Blues and Lions with idiograms featured on their jumpers wouldn't favour it, but does that mean we can't do it?

Looks way more balanced like that, but failing that, the Collingwood model described above would be fine with me. I hate the way that our club crest is tacked on under the sponsors. Demeaning.

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
You could get one of the non-player worn ones for $75, then just put your own number on.
A much better deal then the player ones.
In previous years they were between $30 & $50, polo's were between $15 & $25, this year $60. Even the 8xl singlets they had out were $40. Anyway... I'm sure they'll get rid of stock cheap at some stage in the preseason but was such a downer

You could get one of the non-player worn ones for $75, then just put your own number on.
A much better deal then the player ones.
I'm certain in previous years with player issue jumpers they were flogging them out for 50 odd. Hell I have about 15 of them.

Back