All Australian
Jul 22, 2010
Locked up in Don King's basement.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Collingwood
UFC blessing us hard

What a fight. But also infuriating to watch knowing that less than 12 months after this Rory leaves the UFC because Dana is a stingy *.

Rory was just 25 and on a 8-1 streak at the time (1 split decision loss to Lawler) in the UFC. There's just no excuse for stingy ******* Dana losing both Rory and Mousasi.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Can’t imagine it will stay around now. I don’t follow Invicta that closely but maybe they could try signing some of the top featherweights.
Dana after the recent PPV said he loved that Cyborg was hyping up the Nunes rematch. You really can't take what Dana says in those post fight pressers seriously.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aljamain Sterling vs Frankie Edgar and Darren Till vs Kelvin Gastelum sound like they are on for the Madison Square Garden card. Good matchmaking for two guys moving to new weight classes.
Frankie v Faber was the fight to make IMO. Yan v Sterling interim title while Cejudo defends 125

Gastelum beats Till easily too. Not doing Till any favours

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Frankie v Faber was the fight to make IMO. Yan v Sterling interim title while Cejudo defends 125

Gastelum beats Till easily too. Not doing Till any favours

Frankie vs Faber? Yuck! Frankie made it look easy when Faber wasn't over 40 and coming off a long layoff. Yan and Sandhagen can fight with the most impressive winner of the two fights getting next crack at Cejudo.

Till moving up in weight may well do him a huge favour too. I expect Gastelum will start as favourite, but I wouldn't be shocked if Till puts in a very good performance.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Frankie vs Faber? Yuck! Frankie made it look easy when Faber wasn't over 40 and coming off a long layoff. Yan and Sandhagen can fight with the most impressive winner of the two fights getting next crack at Cejudo.

Till moving up in weight may well do him a huge favour too. I expect Gastelum will start as favourite, but I wouldn't be shocked if Till puts in a very good performance.
I keep forgetting they've fought! Still, I don't like Frankie coming in and seemingly pushing Yan back who IMO is the best in the division other than Henry. The winner of he v Sterling will fight for the title, that much is obvious.

Till isn't that good. It's likely going up will help him but he should have fought someone lower to build back up. KG after Mas and Woodley is a bit much. Tavares or Jotko would have worked i think

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
I mean they could have put that fight on the Melbourne card...but still happy that got announced all the same :thumbsu:
Can you imagine adding in the element of travel into the mix when negotiating with these two. The UFC probably have a hard time getting both to agree to terms without trying to persuade these guys to jump on a plane round the world to fight here. Really hard to get guys interested in travelling here without a title (non BMF) on the line. Understandable when there are plenty of opportunities to fight in Vegas or California.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
I mean they could have put that fight on the Melbourne card...but still happy that got announced all the same :thumbsu:
more money on the gate there, although marvel will get more there, they charge stupid price in vegas. cheapest seat for connor v Aldo was $600 us thats what your dealing with.

Back