• Stupendous

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Amazing

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I love him

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest, what was the media's obsession with potting Walker. What did he actually do wrong to get them offside??

I think he was the point man for the 'pre-game power stance' furore which the media went with. Unfortunately

I think he was the point man for the 'pre-game power stance' furore which the media went with. Unfortunately

Such a pointless thing to get wound up about.

Is it also because he didn't get on stage after the grand final and blow smoke up Reiwoldt and Martin's ass???

Out of interest, what was the media's obsession with potting Walker. What did he actually do wrong to get them offside??
Was the Captain in our shocking Grand Final. Being Captain unfairly dropped most of the blame on his head.
He is a character, so stands out.
Played poorly in the GF but so did the whole team.. and it's hard for a forward to do much when upfield is so poor.
Gave what they branded, a speech that was too short.

Was slammed for the power stance when it wasn't even him, was Collective Minds. But who cares, Tex bad.
Told Lever how it is when he bailed on the club after saying he didn't meet with Melbourne and after guys like Walker gave up $$$ to keep the team together.

Then his form hasn't been as good in recent years, mostly due to carrying a foot injury the club refused to rest. It then turned into another injury, plantar fasciitis and needed surgery. Of course no one in the media ever brought this up like they do with other players.

Then he pretty much did everything from mugging old ladies to being a huge player in the rise of ISIS.
Then a bunch of meathead bandwaggoners jumped on when they didn't even know why they were piling on him.

So nothing really.
It became a game to just bash him.

So nothing really.
It became a game to just bash him.

Yeah, it was very weird - suddenly everybody hated Tex for some reason.... Almost happened overnight.

Couldn't give two *s about the speech, I'd have been happy if he got on stage and said '* Richmond, * Martin and most of all * Richo'. In fact, I'd have preferred it.

Is it also because he didn't get on stage after the grand final and blow smoke up Reiwoldt and Martin's ass???

Probably. I remember his post-GF speech and short and sweet but I don't remember it being disrespectful. Someone on here a while back mentioned that they heard a rumour that Tex and Lever had a push and shove in the rooms in half-time

Richmond supporters are a vindictive bunch. That's probably what we'll be like (myself included) if we go another 10 years without a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it was very weird - suddenly everybody hated Tex for some reason.... Almost happened overnight.

Couldn't give two fu**s about the speech, I'd have been happy if he got on stage and said 'fu** Richmond, fu** Martin and most of all fu** Richo'. In fact, I'd have preferred it.
Yeah the speech was fine and was like most others. Thanked what he needed, was understandably a bit grumpy, that's it. It fit in with them being able to jump on him. Rowdy Roddy Peeper: but listen to the music Marge, he's evil.

Probably. I remember his post-GF speech and short and sweet but I don't remember it being disrespectful. Someone on here a while back mentioned that they heard a rumour that Tex and Lever had a push and shove in the rooms in half-time
Shame he didn't deck Lever where he stood...

Gave everything for the club and, in the end, probably tried too hard and that affected his form and output. Hopefully he can get back to somewhere near his best and can enjoy the game again.

God damn that bottom photo is delicious.

It's like James Dean had a baby with Christopher Reeevs who then grew up and
Mated with Robocop.

I defy any red-blooded heterosexual man to not get turned on by that photo of him. That is the ultimate male and what every man should aspire to look like.

maxresdefault.jpg
deaneus, I know what you're trying to say --- the "O Captain, my Captain" thing.
It was a great metaphor for an assassinated President, but as an ex-teacher I've always disliked that scene from the movie.
(Those kids ratted their teacher out, then stood defiantly on their desks as he was led away after their betrayal. Gutless dweebs. The teacher needed them before he was sacked, not after.)

As for Tex, I've always loved the bloke. What a character, what a player, what a leader, what a story!
A big-eared, boof-headed, goofy kid from Broken Hill rises to the Captaincy of the Club he loves, then is voted Best Captain twice, no less, by his peers.
Smeared by the Vic-led media (and fkem for that), Tex and his Captaincy story should be made into a movie, along with Damien Oliver/Media Puzzle and the brilliant Michelle Payne.

Brett Burton, are you paying attention? Show some guts and follow Tex's lead.

Back