Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit worried about our pace in the fwdline, Waterman, Hutch(tagging), Hickey and JK's tired legs are all too slow to put any pressure on.

But hopefully dont see that and we convert all inside 50s into goals.
:)

This.
Actually becoming less confident now.

Going from 7 to 8 talls, with fitness queries over Naitanui, Hutchings & Hurn... hope Dylan82 is OK.

I guess we are doubling down on our aerial superiority gameplan, and think winning ground balls is for suckers. Hope Elliot Yeo has broad shoulders.

Shame about Allen, he would provide more at ground level and in the midfield than Waterman.

Hutch will probably spend time manning Saad at half back, Nic and Hickey will play bench/ruck so I think our forward structures are ok. Waterman links further up the ground.

Schofield is a good in, I think our defence is better with him in it.

Cameron for Waterman would be ok, but it’d require one of the rucks to spend more time forward I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the balance is fine.

Schofield replaces Duggan, yeah Schofield is taller but Nelson can play Duggans role and Schofield is coming back in to allow the bash brothers to do their thing and intercept.

Hutchings is more midfield depth but will be used to s**t down Saad and their rebound off the backline so will add a shitload more than Petruccelles 6 possessions have been recently.

Nic Nat in for Allen. Sad to see Allen out but since Allen was tucking as well is a like for like. We miss the forward presence of Allen but gain the clearance work of Nic Nat.

Overall we have Ryan, Rioli and Cripps to add forward pressure and crumb goals at the feet of Kennedy, Darling and Waterman. That’s heaps.

What we have done with these selections is free up our backline, help shut down theirs and add midfield presence and depth.

Overall I bloody like it and it’s one of the strongest teams we’ve fielded all year.

My body is ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back