New CEO, New List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

No coach, no list manager, no ceo, incompetent fitness staff.

We are an embarrassment
Tom Morris is about as accurate (or inaccurate I should say) as Kim Crumpets Hagdorn. Just ask Jesse Hogan.

Anyway the rumour goes that Bell targeted the Adelaide list manager (some lengthy complex surname fella) to STRENGTHEN the list management side of things. Mark Micalleff (however you spell his name) is quite young and reportedly had some difficulties with the relocation. Anyway the Adelaide list manager declined the role - perhaps his surname was Nostradamus. I read an article from a better source than Tom Morris indicating that Player Managers weren’t too keen dealing with the young and inexperienced Micalleff and spoke directly to Peter Bell and that Peter was looking to move Micalleff to the side in a support role.

Not sure if true but Micalleff is still at the club as evidenced by his statements in relation to recent resignings incl. Mundy, SHill, O’Reilly and Watson.

All will be well once all these appointments are set-up. I don’t like the way the Brad ‘popped collars’ Lloyd departure was handled last year. Left at short notice and in the lead up to the trade/draft period. Whereas with Rawlings leaving West Coast they only accepted his departure after the upcoming trade/draft period with his start date at North being 1st December 2019.

Whereas with Rawlings leaving West Coast they only accepted his departure after the upcoming trade/draft period with his start date at North being 1st December 2019.
Rawlins hasn't worked at WCE for months. It's true he doesn't start at North until Dec 1.

Come home, James: The former Fremantle Dockers star primed to be club’s next CEO
The West Australian
Friday, 13 September 2019 6:48PM

COME HOME, JAMES!

The Fremantle Dockers have a not-so-proud history of letting go of players who then have successful AFL careers at other clubs.

Right now there are players like Chris Mayne at Collingwood, Matt de Boer at Greater Western Sydney and Hayden Crozier at the Western Bulldogs (all three played in finals this year, with Mayne and de Boer’s teams still alive).

But before this trio there was another.

His name is James Clement.

A fierce defender with a super-smart footy IQ, he was considered an all-round top person and future leader when he left the club to join Collingwood for the 2001 season.

James Clement.
James Clement.Picture: Iain Gillespie
He then had a very successful career in the black and white that included grand final appearances, best and fairest awards and All-Australian selection (as well as captain duties).

In 2007, he retired early to support his wife Jeanne who had autoimmune kidney failure.

So why am I telling you all this?

Because the Ferret hears he could be back at the club.

It’s my understanding that the Dockers are definitely including Clement, pictured, in what has become a more-gruelling-than-planned search for a new chief executive.

James Clement and Daniel Bandy.
James Clement and Daniel Bandy.Picture: Iain Gillespie
According to his LinkedIn profile, Clement is an “experienced” financial director with a “demonstrated history of working in the fishing, agribusiness and finance industries”.

“Strong professional background having graduated from La Trobe University, Curtin University and Australian Institute of Company Directors,” it boasts.

He’s been the managing director and chief executive of Shark Bay shellfish producer Mareterram for the past two years.

And he’s been the vice chair of the WA Fishing Industry Council for the past three years.

All good things for an ex-footballer who could end up running a club with the sea in its blood (they are the Dockers after all).

But more importantly, how does the Ferret know he’s got a good shot at the job?

Because apparently the Eagles were sizing him up to possibly replace Trevor “Mr West Coast” Nisbett until he recently decided to extend his role of CEO of the blue and gold for another two years.

Come home, James: The former Fremantle Dockers star primed to be club’s next CEO
The West Australian
Friday, 13 September 2019 6:48PM

COME HOME, JAMES!

The Fremantle Dockers have a not-so-proud history of letting go of players who then have successful AFL careers at other clubs.

“Strong professional background having graduated from La Trobe University, Curtin University and Australian Institute of Company Directors,” it boasts.

He’s been the managing director and chief executive of Shark Bay shellfish producer Mareterram for the past two years.

And he’s been the vice chair of the WA Fishing Industry Council for the past three years.

All good things for an ex-footballer who could end up running a club with the sea in its blood (they are the Dockers after all).

But more importantly, how does the Ferret know he’s got a good shot at the job?

Because apparently the Eagles were sizing him up to possibly replace Trevor “Mr West Coast” Nisbett until he recently decided to extend his role of CEO of the blue and gold for another two years.

don't you just love the smell of fish and chips...c'mon home Mr Exec. Fisherman:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was kicked out of Freo cos he had a s**t relationship with Drum. If you are kicked out of a job are you complimentary to the company that did it?
Exactly, stated In the other thread my old man had business dealings with him at one stage.

Genuinely nice bloke jimmy and very good footballer and it was 100% the total and utter lack of unprofessionaliam of the club that was at fault there.

I mean we had total incompetence in spades with drum, hatt and McNeil running the show.
Even by our own low standards it was as dis functional as a football club as we’ve ever been.

The club doesn’t deserve any defending of its operations at that point in its history

Freo while not the size of Eagles are a formidable business. We would be top 8 without ever winning a GF or sustained success. If I was a CEO woudl want a club at the bottom to build not one at its peak.

Who’s 2Nd in charge at Eagles? Would like whoever the replacement for Nisbett was to be CEO to be strongly considered.

Freo while not the size of Eagles are a formidable business. We would be top 8 without ever winning a GF or sustained success. If I was a CEO woudl want a club at the bottom to build not one at its peak.

Who’s 2Nd in charge at Eagles? Would like whoever the replacement for Nisbett was to be CEO to be strongly considered.
They were going to sound out Clement if Nisbett hadn't re-signed

I think Craig Vozzo is considered to be the obvious replacement for Nisbett when he retires. I'm quite certain that the panel would have approched Vozzo to assess his interest in the role....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back