Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Skimmed through the supposed leaks but can't recall seeing anything about a desert planet we see Kylo's tie fighter vs Rey on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skimmed through the supposed leaks but can't recall seeing anything about a desert planet we see Kylo's tie fighter vs Rey on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given Tatooine and Jakku, they'll likely return to Tatooine on their way around to the Unknown regions since it's Outer Rim area rather then add or reveal another world to eventually blow up and remove.

I'd also assume this as if Palp is fleshy in any capacity they'll likely bring back OG planets s central due to the cluster that was universal destruction in the first 2, and given this an end to the Skywalker saga, Tatooine would have to feature somehow.

Can't wait for Rey to spank him due to estrogen powers though, wonder if Kylo will be moody emo guy when he likely dies on his redemption arc for puppies and unicorns in the face of Palp assuming we're shoehorning RotJ into this for ribbon tying.

Then we can confirm timelines when he teleconferences again with just pants and smouldering looks to see all this took place 5 minutes and 27 seconds after the escape from Crait.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Giant mattress at the bottom of that big shaft ?

Yep, and the rebound guided him back to safety.

1144909.gif

I’m of the opinion that expanded universe material should complement movies, not be required reading. I mean, Operation Cinder would be simple enough to explain but I’m not sure about the slippery slope.

You think having Palpatine pop up out of nowhere is any easier to explain than "This is a droid Palpatine made in the event of his death.. how did it end up out here?"

You think having Palpatine pop up out of nowhere is any easier to explain than "This is a droid Palpatine made in the event of his death.. how did it end up out here?"

Yeah it would, not like they explain much as it is so having a decript old bloke who was thrown down a shaft needing bacta in "remnant Imperial" controlled regions is pretty easy to explain considering most see him as a badarse in the dark side and you kinda offed the alternative option in the last movie.

Yeah it would, not like they explain much as it is so having a decript old bloke who was thrown down a shaft needing bacta in "remnant Imperial" controlled regions is pretty easy to explain considering most see him as a badarse in the dark side and you kinda offed the alternative option in the last movie.

That wasn't my question tho.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
There's plenty of easy answers that would fit within Star Wars lore: Force ghost/spirit, message, flashback and, yes, droid. But you said Operation Cinder droid, which then requires an explanation of Operation Cinder. As I said, not difficult but not something they should get in the habit of. Last time they used material from supplementary sources, you have people walking out of Solo confused.

There's plenty of easy answers that would fit within Star Wars lore: Force ghost/spirit, message, flashback and, yes, droid. But you said Operation Cinder droid, which then requires an explanation of Operation Cinder. As I said, not difficult but not something they should get in the habit of. Last time they used material from supplementary sources, you have people walking out of Solo confused.

Sorry not sure what you mean. I'm not saying they have to explicitly call him an Operation Cinder droid. And even if they did, they don't have to explicitly explain Operation Cinder. After all, haven't you been spending years saying they don't have to explain who Snoke is?

I don't exactly think "Droid that has data from Palpatine before he died uploaded to spread his final command" takes a lot of explaining.

Back