Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Averages 11.9 effective possessions a game - Pass

Equal disposal efficiency with Brad Hill whilst getting 3 more contested possessions per game.

Better or on par disposal efficiency than Brad Crouch, Zorko, Lyons, Walsh, Hill, Coniglio, Taranto, Greene, Ablett, Dangerfield, T.Kelly, Swallow, J.Martin, Wingard, Shiels, O’Meara, Ziebell, Boak, Wines, Gray, Dusty, Cotchin, Gresham, Parker, Shuey, Yeo.

Who are all pretty much considered guns..

Equal disposal efficiency with Brad Hill whilst getting 3 more contested possessions per game.

Better or on par disposal efficiency than Brad Crouch, Zorko, Lyons, Walsh, Hill, Coniglio, Taranto, Greene, Ablett, Dangerfield, T.Kelly, Swallow, J.Martin, Wingard, Shiels, O’Meara, Ziebell, Boak, Wines, Gray, Dusty, Cotchin, Gresham, Parker, Shuey, Yeo.

Spp isn't fit to tie any of their shoelaces, except J.martin

Good luck trading Sam for anyone on that list. Surely no club would shy away from trading a dud like Dangerfield when spp is on offer. Not only is he just as good, but much younger too.

You said you wouldn’t want spp because of a particular stat

Then it was pointed out to you that plenty of good players have the same stat or worse

Instead of admitting you were wrong you’re trying to change the argument in a bizarre way.

You said you wouldn’t want spp because of a particular stat

Then it was pointed out to you that plenty of good players have the same stat or worse

Instead of admitting you were wrong you’re trying to change the argument in a bizarre way.
I stand by spp being one of the worst disposers of the ball in the league. Only port supporters think otherwise. I prefer to watch the game rather than stats collated by a company who rates Goldstein as the 6th best player in the league (above players like Martin, the Bont and Cripps).

I stand by spp being one of the worst disposers of the ball in the league. Only port supporters think otherwise. I prefer to watch the game rather than stats collated by a company who rates Goldstein as the 6th best player in the league (above players like Martin, the Bont and Cripps).

Yet you’re the one who brought up some stat as a your argument and not actually watching football and now you’re back tracking :D:think:

Woops

I agree that SPP is a butcher. But Goldstein is one of the most consistent and creative ball users in the comp. At North he'd only be behind Cunnington and perhaps Higgins.

But of that list only Wingard, Gresham, Greene and Dusty aren't butcher's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find I never quoted a stat.

Double whoops.

Young gun was replying to a poster who supplied a stat as evidence with evidence as to why that stat was a mistake in this case.

That is all.
No port poster was in here saying he has great disposal. Young gun only pointed out that plenty of very good players had questionable disposal eff stat just like spp.

Wouldn't have thought so myself. Also seems like a real top bloke with several off field incidents in the last 18 months.
Off field stuff is seriously blown up. ... pinched a girl on the ass in a nightclub ... an Adelaide pro media it out to be a rape case ... accidentally posted a pic on insta that was meant to goto Boaky direct (pic was of him in his jocks with a girl sleeping on his tummy)
There is a huge list f AFL players doin much worse.
Fwiw i hope we keep him as there is genuine upside that out weighs trade value

Off field stuff is seriously blown up. ... pinched a girl on the ass in a nightclub ... an Adelaide pro media it out to be a rape case ... accidentally posted a pic on insta that was meant to goto Boaky direct (pic was of him in his jocks with a girl sleeping on his tummy)
There is a huge list f AFL players doin much worse.
Fwiw i hope we keep him as there is genuine upside that out weighs trade value
It's all a media blowup re trading him.
Sam has already said he wants to play for Port next year.
But hey, the media knows better and sucks everyone in, well maybe not everyone, to believe he wants a trade.

Good luck trading Sam for anyone on that list. Surely no club would shy away from trading a dud like Dangerfield when spp is on offer. Not only is he just as good, but much younger too.

Read the post again.

SPP efficiency level is on par or better than those listed.

Not his output being volume of posessions.

If he did get his posession numbers up to 30 a game everyone would be singing his praise and want him.

Eagles almost drafted him as he spent a lot of time with him training at the club. I would offer our 2nd pick 32 atm. Unders a tad maybe but Port have cashflow problems and cant pay the cap.

Read the post again.

SPP efficiency level is on par or better than those listed.

Not his output being volume of posessions.

If he did get his posession numbers up to 30 a game everyone would be singing his praise and want him.

Eagles almost drafted him as he spent a lot of time with him training at the club. I would offer our 2nd pick 32 atm. Unders a tad maybe but Port have cashflow problems and cant pay the cap.

No we don’t... it was proven that was false crap reported by Caro.

Surely you’re not one of those suckers that believe every single bullshit thing that’s trotted out daily by the leechs are you..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back