• Stupendous

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Amazing

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I love him

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Having stood down so soon after the season just shows how much he must have had enough.

The amount of crap he’s copped over his captaincy and form, some of it from knobhead Crows supporters, has been ridiculous.

Pity he didn’t get to add premiership captain to his CV.

Well done Tex on a solid decision, now relax, play stress free and shut up the *ers.

Tex has been an unbelievable presence for our footy club. His leadership shone head and shoulders above anyone else during 2015-2017, and he was near faultless lifting the team and club out of the grieving and tragedy before it.

I’m feeling really positive out of this decision. I think Tex will give it a real crack this preseason and here’s my bold prediction:
Tex will win the Coleman medal in 2020.

Tex has been an unbelievable presence for our footy club. His leadership shone head and shoulders above anyone else during 2015-2017, and he was near faultless lifting the team and club out of the grieving and tragedy before it.

I’m feeling really positive out of this decision. I think Tex will give it a real crack this preseason and here’s my bold prediction:
Tex will win the Coleman medal in 2020.
Jesus christ John. You just started making some sense and then you go and say something stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2012 finals, he was as dominant in a final series, as there's been in my time following cough vfl cough afl. It's a pity he did his knee. Imagine if carey had done his knee at the same stage of his career walker did? Our other great forward's career also curtailed by a knee. We seem to have a alot of bad luck. He wasn't a contested Mark as carry was, but a better playmaker.

No captain of this club will ever go through the same situation he has. It is very difficult to be critical of him now. It marks the end of the experience of losing a coach the way we did.

We went after a psychological come spiritual edge from the end of the 2014 season and it failed. We chose to continue it without the main instigator of this, who picked walker as captain, because he had the closest mentality Walsh was looking for.

We need to be rebuilt.

Stepping down as captain, after leading the goal kicking is as class as many of his clutch goals from outside 50.

Talia is my choice for next captain with Doedee vice. Tom to take over in 2022. Feel this will help Sloane focus on his game next year. Well done Walker for your leadership during a very trying period in 2015.

Last edited:
Sportsbet are just the absolute worst.

Terrible 'if you're not a pot bellied 40 year old male footy fan then you're a weirdo' ads, terrible social media presence.
Agreed. Their social media drivel just embodies lowest common denominator stuff. Hurrrr Tex bad, Vickery bad, poms bad, Stokes is a criminal, duurrrrr.

Outstanding captaincy career - should be very proud of his achievements.

What bothers me the most is not how the media hounded him, it was the way his own supporters followed like sheep.

Classic example being the disgusting threads on this very board, threads that many here were happy to dump on.

But yeah how about that awful media.

Outstanding captaincy career - should be very proud of his achievements.

What bothers me the most is not how the media hounded him, it was the way his own supporters followed like sheep.

Classic example being the disgusting threads on this very board, threads that many here were happy to dump on.

But yeah how about that awful media.
Which threads are you talking about?

He knew it was time to pass the batten on and he didn't put himself before the team like some of our other veterans.
Typical country lad who always puts his club first no matter what.
Lead the club through it's darkest hours, and then was voted best captain in the AFL for two years running.

There should be plaudits flowing in from all over the AFL right now.

What was the Sportsbet post?

A complete disgrace.

Tex was the face of the club after Phil Walsh’s passing and led his club brilliantly.
It’s such a shame, but not unexpected unfortunately, we’ve seen the same cheap shots today from Sportsbet, 7sport and moronic supporters of other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back