Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people are ignoring the fact that essendon is very tall as well.

7 genuine talls: hooker, hurley, francis, belch, ambrose, brown and mckernan.

2 more similar to waterman in laverde and stringer

Brown isn’t. His height is deceptive, genuinely plays entirely like a medium/small forward. Can’t take a contested mark to save himself, but always one of our highest in kms covered and is ‘reasonable’ at ground level

Pretty much a no brainer in selection .
Extra 230 games experience ( 15 extra finals games )
Natanui is a game changer and should win us the ruck battle
Schoey play as the lockdown tall allowing gov and barrass to zone off and intercept
Hutch takes petch forward spot to tag Saad

If we are going to progress in this finals series we will need a good 26 - 28 players rotating but we have put our most experienced team up this week

Would this be Nelson's first final? First final for Waterman I know, and Nic's first since the 2015 GF. Getting excited now.

Thanks to the dearly departed Miguel Sanchez.

Most WCE games without a final:
58: Annear
54: Chambers
53*: NELSON
46: McKinley
45: Carroll, A.Smith
39: Hams

Glad to see Schofield back he will help to settle Barrass`s nerves if the going gets tough ..
Nicnat looks to be carrying weight but fantastic to see him back ..
Hutchings coming straight back from injury , I`m not sure ,would have liked to see AhChee or Cameron come in ..

Going to state the obvious but everyone’s severely underrating NN here. We’re not too tall if he’s tapping it down our mids throats and they proceed to hit a forward on the tit. The problems are only going to come when we turn it over in bad spots and they counterattack. I don’t think any more or less talls is going to stop that happening. If anything.. the extra tall is actually allowing Gov to play on his own. Think it’s fairly simple. Hit our targets we win.. don’t, and we’re ****ed. Bit of pressure around the drop of the ball would be nice occasionally too.

Going to state the obvious but everyone’s severely underrating NN here. We’re not too tall if he’s tapping it down our mids throats and they proceed to hit a forward on the tit. The problems are only going to come when we turn it over in bad spots and they counterattack. I don’t think any more or less talls is going to stop that happening. If anything.. the extra tall is actually allowing Gov to play on his own. Think it’s fairly simple. Hit our targets we win.. don’t, and we’re f’ed. Bit of pressure around the drop of the ball would be nice occasionally too.
The other problem will be when he tires late in the game

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scho-time! Our vital cog in defense is back!

Little surprised by Hutch straight back in but he did destroy Saad last time. Better be tagging. With Masten in the team, has to be so no weird wing role for Hutch.

I reckon we could do a last minute change of Waterman to Cameron/AhChee. Not too phased, will back the boys.

I wonder why the club dont get NicNat to totally slim down

This is the million dollar question for next year's pre season

If the clubs high performance team don't believe the can get him lighter, and fitter, they are taking the piss

Nic needs a Max Gawn style breakout pre season, so for season 2020 he is spending more time on the ground, covering more territory, getting to more contests and accumulating more possessions

For me, I personally think he needs to drop anywhere from 5-7kgs

Team selection is good. Schofield steadies the defence and outs Barrass on notice after his nightmare couple of weeks. Hutchings should destroy Saad and adds another mid to steady stoppages (refer to Dylan82 thread on this).

Nic Nat will destroy them.

I'm expecting a good win now.

Waterman very lucky at expense of poor Allen. He'd want to kick a bag.

I mentioned on here 2 years ago Nic should totally slim down and almost be like a "Richo Role" type pinch hitting in the ruck.

He could be a weapon on the wing

That is simply never going to happen with Nic!

Pretty sure we're going to see Mitch Brown in a forward pocket at some stage during the game...
iu

He has had stints on the wing in the WAFL, I've only watched half the matches on the s**tty live stream and even I know that. He has kicked regular goals at WAFL level and looks a class above down there.

I wanted him out for Cameron last week too, but think you're underselling his development mate! Has ability in spades, but he's still a kid who is developing.
Yeah a bit harsh all round. He's a developing mid in his second year. He turned 20 in April. His draft highlights looked good taking solid grabs in traffic and using his speed to break from clearances. I think he's a natural onballer and when he puts on more weight and builds his tank he'll be able to go through the middle. He looks thinner than the 80kg he's listed at for 185cm. Plenty of upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back