List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody Alanis Morrisette.

"Like getting stuck in a traffic jam when you're already late."

That's not ironic. Getting stuck in a traffic jam when you're already late for the traffic management gig you're presenting at, the topic being how well your traffic management plan is working in relieving congestion and delays. That's ironic.

I'm sure that's a common occurrence in government circles.
I'd just like it to be compulsory for those who work in public transport , to use it.

If Bruce goes to Collingwood how about their 1st + Sier. Surely their salary cap will be tight given they just re-signed Adams long term this year and Grundy will be up for a new contract. Also Sier showed potential last season.

What annoys me about the Bruce and Carlisle are on the table talk from the club is the timing as much as anything else.

We’re supposedly at that time in the middle of a process to select a new senior coach, so was that just a sham, does ratten have the job.

If the club had waited until a new coach was appointed then I’d be more comfortable knowing that ratten had spent 12 months looking at the list and this is the way he wanted the team to go. If it isn’t ratten and it gets out after the appointment then I’d just assume the new coach didn’t rate them.

Why are we putting the cart before the horse, plenty of players will change clubs but why publicly announce it before you appoint a coach.

What annoys me about the Bruce and Carlisle are on the table talk from the club is the timing as much as anything else.

We’re supposedly at that time in the middle of a process to select a new senior coach, so was that just a sham, does ratten have the job.

If the club had waited until a new coach was appointed then I’d be more comfortable knowing that ratten had spent 12 months looking at the list and this is the way he wanted the team to go. If it isn’t ratten and it gets out after the appointment then I’d just assume the new coach didn’t rate them.

Why are we putting the cart before the horse, plenty of players will change clubs but why publicly announce it before you appoint a coach.
Pretty sure we must have the new coach in place to be talking about who we are trading ect

Pretty sure we must have the new coach in place to be talking about who we are trading ect
Exactly captain so why not announce it before we start talking about who we’re putting on the table.

In fact there was no need to talk about who we’re happy to trade at all, imo it just took some attention away from positive announcements.

I currently don't have too high hopes for our draft trade period. Not too worried about losing Snake, Bruce is underrated and would sting but surely we don't give up a 4 time BnF who's still only 29 up for basically a packet of chips. Not only that but the people we're targetting are barely an improvement on most of our list. Jones is a bigger butcher than most of our list ffs, I'm sick of tryers who have more heart than everyone else, can we please not bring in another good runner who can't ******* kick? Karl Amon, great; a 15 touch a game winger/forward flanker. Constable, 22 touch a game inside mid with no kicking ability, an iffy tank and the turning circle of Kosi post Gia. Alex Keath, decent player, direct downgrade on Battle or Snake though. Tomlinson, fringe player at the Giants, does some good things but I don't think he's changed the outcome of a game in his entire career. The only one I'm even remotely excited about is Hill because we're finally bringing someone in who can ******* kick, and for 900k a year no less. All this talk of watering down our picks in half baked schemes meant to maximise value by bringing in 4 C graders for the price of one early first round pick drive me insane because on the off chance that someone from the club has a similar idea we'll be back to where we were 7 years ago. We still aren't fixing the problem everyone's seen for years now which is that we don't have enough elite players. 1 of our current supposed targets is elite, the rest can GAGF as far as I'm concerned; we've got enough B graders to support any gun in the comp now.
I'm not sure you can call Tomlinson a fringe player when he has played every game for the past 3 seasons.

You're dreaming. No way Bruce would net pick 12. It would most likely be a second rounder plus change.
Yeah - I know - according to this the best we can hope for is a fourth rounder for someone like Bruce/Steven but we have to pay pick 5 and Acres for Hill.

Bruce is contracted - Doggies supposedly going to offer a 3/4 year deal on big money - I think Pick 12 and Lipinski seems about the right starting price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this talk actually from the club? I’ve seen articles about it but I seem to have where the club has actually come out and said anything...

Yeah - I know - according to this the best we can hope for is a fourth rounder for someone like Bruce/Steven but we have to pay pick 5 and Acres for Hill.

Bruce is contracted - Doggies supposedly going to offer a 3/4 year deal on big money - I think Pick 12 and Lipinski seems about the right starting price.
Yeah it's a pretty good start, and from there the Saints would need to add Billings to even it out a bit.

Just one question - why would you guys be interested in Lipinski if he's worth basically negative value at the trade table? Saints must rate him as a pretty crap player to think he'd be thrown in as such worthless steak knives in a trade, even though he's best 22 in the Dogs midfield

We may as well throw in the Bont as well for steak knives.
Ahh you do realise Bruce is contracted, wanted player who is happy at St Kilda and you are supposedly offering him a long term big money deal.

You want him - you'll pay for him.

You're dreaming. No way Bruce would net pick 12. It would most likely be a second rounder plus change.
I know we are **** but quite frankly I’m getting sick of being told our only decent players are worth nothing.

Barely see why we’d trade Bruce or Carlisle to begin with but if the best we can hope for is picks in the 30s for both it’s extra worthless.

Yeah it's a pretty good start, and from there the Saints would need to add Billings to even it out a bit.

Just one question - why would you guys be interested in Lipinski if he's worth basically negative value at the trade table? Saints must rate him as a pretty crap player to think he'd be thrown in as such worthless steak knives in a trade, even though he's best 22 in the Dogs midfield

It’ll be Bruce for a Dogs player and maybe a late pick or Bruce for a mid/late first round pick.

Bruce is worth a bit to us but probably more to you. A mature key forward who has kicked 50 goals in a season. With better delivery he’d be a better player. That’s what’s killed him at Saints.

If Bruce goes to Collingwood how about their 1st + Sier. Surely their salary cap will be tight given they just re-signed Adams long term this year and Grundy will be up for a new contract. Also Sier showed potential last season.
pies don't have a first this year (went in Beams trade) FYI

Ahh you do realise Bruce is contracted, wanted player who is happy at St Kilda and you are supposedly offering him a long term big money deal.

You want him - you'll pay for him.
Him being contracted doesn’t warrant us offering pick 12 plus one of our best young players in Lipinski 😂.

Who was the last club to offer a player in a teams best 22 plus a first round pick in return for a player? Carlton for Chris Judd over 10 years ago? It’s not happening mate.

FWIW I wouldn’t even accept a trade for Lipinski even if you had thrown in your first rounder in return.

Is it ironic at all that we trade out our best target inside 50 for potentially a guy who will be the best player on our list at hitting targets inside 50?

Irony is strange, I fully understand it in my head (I think) but never really seem to use it correctly.

I have a mate that uses it wrong all the time. Like, “ahh you are thinking about going to Italy? Ironically my sister has been there”. Says it so often it’s too hard to tell him that it’s wrong.

Alanis Morrisette may be to blame, he liked that song.
Co-incidentally my sister has been there.

If you want Bruce there's no doubt your 1st will be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back