Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure from who? No one at the AFL or club land would ever seriously consider this, and I'm sure the clubs involved would vehemently object to it.
The Suns are going nowhere as within 2 years as Gold Coast titans won't be in the NRL as they will a 2nd team out of Brisbane.
So the AFL will continue to pump the $$$$$ especially with next TV rights not far away.
What would good for them is to play a Collingwood/Richmond or Essendon on a Friday night in the 1st week of Qld school holidays at Metricon to give them AFL Queensland something to promote.

The Suns are going nowhere as within 2 years as Gold Coast titans won't be in the NRL as they will a 2nd team out of Brisbane.
So the AFL will continue to pump the $$$$$ especially with next TV rights not far away.
What would good for them is to play a Collingwood/Richmond or Essendon on a Friday night in the 1st week of Qld school holidays at Metricon to give them AFL Queensland something to promote.

That's true, if the Titans die or get moved to Brisbane then the Suns will virtually have the entire GC to themselves.... That'd be huge long term in terms of getting young kids to choose Footy.

I hope this new stadium has a roof on it.
Maybe they can ask James Packer to help out as he did with the $$$ for the ground in Perth as it will cost well over $200+ million to build

That's true, if the Titans die or get moved to Brisbane then the Suns will virtually have the entire GC to themselves.... That'd be huge long term in terms of getting young kids to choose Footy.
I think it would do the opposite if the titans went under people would loose hope even more in the suns I mean if a nrl club can’t make it in league heartland what hope is there !

I think it would do the opposite if the titans went under people would loose hope even more in the suns I mean if a nrl club can’t make it in league heartland what hope is there !

Hope? I thought it was all about throwing huge amounts of cash at the problem.

That seems to be the 'generational' plan.

But really, how hard should it be?

They've had AFL footy on the GC starting way back with the Bears. Where's the AFL generational change from way back then? They've had AFl on TVsince way back when. So where is the change?

I hope this new stadium has a roof on it.
Maybe they can ask James Packer to help out as he did with the $$$ for the ground in Perth as it will cost well over $200+ million to build
Packer didnt pay a cent to perth stadium.
The AFL didnt pay a cent to perth stadium either.
Nothing either from federal government.

Hope? I thought it was all about throwing huge amounts of cash at the problem.

That seems to be the 'generational' plan.

But really, how hard should it be?

They've had AFL footy on the GC starting way back with the Bears. Where's the AFL generational change from way back then? They've had AFl on TVsince way back when. So where is the change?
Do you think they were investing heavily in juniors back then?

There is generational change. The Suns get higher crowds than the Bears ever did at Carrara, despite having a team that's as bad or even worse. If they actually have a winner to back, you'll see crowds over 20 000 regularly.

The pledge will need a fair amount of follow-up publicity, be it in the Tasmanaina papers, TV, radio and social media, in order to push the numbers along.
And sure enough, there was a promo segment for this on 'The Front Bar' last night, including the website in large graphics (... and yeah, l know, quoting myself ...).

And sure enough, there was a promo segment for this on 'The Front Bar' last night, including the website in large graphics (... and yeah, l know, quoting myself ...).

Page has gone down, must of crashed with to many queries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is generational change. The Suns get higher crowds than the Bears ever did at Carrara, despite having a team that's as bad or even worse. If they actually have a winner to back, you'll see crowds over 20 000 regularly.

I get a bit miffed with this call over 'generational change'. They've had a generation of AFL footy. They see AFL on tv regularly. Those predisposed towards the AFL clearly already attend.

I dont see masses of crowds going to the footy on the GC. Maybe a few more when 'the good times roll', but by & large, no. Maybe they need 30 more years of free tickets or something.

I've heard people here are offered free tickets to see North Melbourne. That doesn't seem to work either. People are not emotionally invested in a FIFO club that isn't their own. The Suns IS the GC own club. Where are they?

People don't go the the GC to 'do sport' & sit in stadiums. Thats the lesson of history.

I get a bit miffed with this call over 'generational change'. They've had a generation of AFL footy. They see AFL on tv regularly. Those predisposed towards the AFL clearly already attend.

I dont see masses of crowds going to the footy on the GC. Maybe a few more when 'the good times roll', but by & large, no. Maybe they need 30 more years of free tickets or something.

I've heard people here are offered free tickets to see North Melbourne. That doesn't seem to work either. People are not emotionally invested in a FIFO club that isn't their own. The Suns IS the GC own club. Where are they?

People don't go the the GC to 'do sport' & sit in stadiums. Thats the lesson of history.
Last I looked 9 years isn't generational.

I get miffed at all these comments saying that Tassie fans will drop their current clubs and just join the new local team. No evidence to support this.

I get miffed about these so called free tickets for suns games. I pay my hard earned to go and have never seen any (other than some auskick ones that I presume are also common elsewhere). Its common knowledge that ticket prices up here are higher than vic

I get miffed at all these comments saying that Tassie fans will drop their current clubs and just join the new local team. No evidence to support this.

Only the examples in WA & SA. Both footy states like Tasmania.

Certainly more evidence than the generational/cultural change the AFL are trying to buy.

So the bears had better teams in the early years then the suns you can not be serious must be a joke? The bears where made up of rejects from other clubs the majority close to retirement the suns started with the best player in the comp and have had access to a large amount of elite young talent!

What a ridiculous post No evidence to support this ? What about the large percentage of the west coast and Adelaide Fremantle port supporters who I dare are not new to the game and where following afl before they came in pretty solid evidence right there 😂

What a ridiculous post No evidence to support this ? What about the large percentage of the west coast and Adelaide Fremantle port supporters who I dare are not new to the game and where following afl before they came in pretty solid evidence right there
Going from a state based comp to a national comp.

Absolutely a difference.

Not saying that they won't be successful over time (unlike the Saints) but there's no guarantee.

Going from a state based comp to a national comp.

Absolutely a difference.

Not saying that they won't be successful over time (unlike the Saints) but there's no guarantee.
Explain what the difference is? They all followed afl-vfl teams as well as there local state league teams Pryor to them having a local team enter the afl-vfl no different to Tasmania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back