AE AE 2019 Launch and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Week 1 tips entered. You're all playing for second this year.

Strategy question: is it smarter to be more confident in your upset picks, or go lower to hedge?

Truth is, everyone has their own strategy... and when you've got a comp like this where you've got multiple comps going at once you're mindful of trying to climb the overall CR points ladder, juggling on if you should flip a tip before kickoff to try and win a head to head Next Duel battle, or even switch a tip to stay out of the relegation zone in the Drop Zone Elimination comp too.

Many have strategies, some stick with them, others throw them out the window on the fly...

If I get a chance later today I'll draw up an explanation for each comp for those new to the AE comp :)

Strategy question: is it smarter to be more confident in your upset picks, or go lower to hedge?
People use so many strategies
1 I’ve seen is load up max cr on tnf to put opponent on back foot early to need to overcome it.
Another is save the high cr to mnf so you can make the comeback late by going the underdog.

Ohhh I dunno mates, after allowing you to enjoy some successes the past few years, I think in honor of the 100th anniversary of the league it is only fitting that an American take home the top prize.

Not some foreigner who sleeps with Koala BEARS ;)

For the benefit of the newcomers to the comp... I didn't have time to make it pretty!

CONFIDENCE RATING (CR)
Managed by JeffDunne and the tipping site, overseen by PB74 and BGT2110

Weekly selections are entered via the official AE tipping website www.armchairendzone.com. Entrants must select who they think will WIN each of the contests but then also rank them in order of confidence, with 16 being the highest confidence to 1 being the least confident.
Total score from each of the CR values from the winning teams selected will determine the AE member's weekly points output. In the event of TIED games (after OT), NO CR points will be credited for that game.
Each game will lockout at the scheduled Kickoff Time, and as such selections can be changed up to that point.

NEXT DUEL (ND)
Managed by Peterbuch74, JeffDunne and the tipping site, Assistance by Dirty Bird?

Each entrant is entered into a Conference/Division with a schedule drawn up (by Dirty Bird) of Head to Head matchups.
You’re basically pitting your CR tipping skills up against someone else on a weekly basis resulting in a Win, Loss or Tie.
The results are tallied weekly with a Divisional standings calculated weekly up until Week 13, and then a bracketed finals system will run from NFL Weeks 14 to 17 culminating in the AE Superbowl.

3XKO
Managed by BGT2110, JeffDunne and the tipping site

As part of your weekly CR selections you also need to select who you think are the certainties of the round. At the start of each AE Campaign you have “3 Lives” and as such need to select your three “gimmes”.
If any of these “gimmes” happen to lose in that week you are “awarded” with a Strike (X). You stay alive in the game if you have a life remaining. Can only select the same team up to 3 times max. in a season.
Lose all lives and you’re knocked out… hence 3 X’s and your KO’d! 3XKO!
Try to stay clear of the upset WRECKING BALL!

DROP ZONE ELIMINATION (DZE)
Managed by BalmainForever

Begins in Week 3
A comp in which the lowest three CR totals for the week (only 1 in week 3) will have their tipper eliminated. Stay out of the “Drop Zone” through to Week 14 and the remaining six tippers will shoot it out in the DZE Final where the highest score for that week takes out the title.

HIGH ROLLERS SWEEPSTAKES (HRS)

As the name implies, the highest CR score for each week in NFL Weeks 1 through 16 will qualify for the HRS Final in Week 17. The highest CR score in Week 17 will win the title. If any individual tipster happens to win the HRS in more than 1 week throughout the season, they earn a BONUS 7CR to add to their total for the final.

HOT STREAK (HS)

The aim is to selectively pick consecutive winner/s without a TIE or LOSS breaking the sequence. Whoever has the highest Streak (doesn’t need to be active streak) at the end of the season wins the title. NOTE: You do not need to make a selection in every game! You can make as little as 1 selection or can select all if you’re feeling extra confident!

THERE IS MORE INFO IN THE ORIGINAL POST OF THE AE THREAD, INCLUDING RULES AROUND TIE BREAKERS, DEFAULT SELECTIONS AND NO SHOWS!

I still wish we didn’t have to tie 3xko and nd selection

I remember a few years back I had my 3xko on mnf
But I wanted to go the upset win and hope
But didn’t want to basically throw away a 3xko selection.

Wish I could hedge my bets in some circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just go to www.armchairendzone.com and login with your previous details... can still select rest of the round, and will have 1CR on the TNF road team.
I think i know what the issue is
not recognising my details and not accepting my email address so i assume when i played years ago it was with my old work email.
good times haha

I think i know what the issue is
not recognising my details and not accepting my email address so i assume when i played years ago it was with my old work email.
good times haha

Email/DM your tips through to Jeff mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back