Recommitted Aaron Francis [re-signed for 3 more years]

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
If he does goes i wouldn't mind a crouch brother.

Francis+2nd to Crows
Matt or Brad Crouch+3rd to Bombers

Something like this
Only way that would happen is if said Crouch brother demands a trade to us and Francis doesn't want out.

Like your optimism though.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Honestly I think he goes I love the kid but I've been saying all year we will lose someone due to cap restraints and he is the last one left unsigned.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’d rather keep Keath than go for this guy. Didn’t he get dropped again this year?

Last edited:
I’d rather keep Keath then go for this guy. Didn’t he get dropped again this year?
It was more of a position problem than form. With Hurley, Hooker and Ambrose all playing he wasn't fitting in defence.

Once injuries hit he has been in and settled

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Unless they are telling porkies a family member of his told my son last week that he was staying and that there would be an announcement soon

It's an interesting one. I love Francis and think he's in the top 5 talents on the list, and the best talent under 23, but he does have a few issues. II hope he stays and settles in defence next year but I feel he needs to learn how to play on those medium type forwards ala Gleeson, he should be the one to take Gary Rohan or Josh Caddy types.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Honestly I think he goes I love the kid but I've been saying all year we will lose someone due to cap restraints and he is the last one left unsigned.

Looks like must have front loaded the s**t out of some key contracts, for me at a guess namely Heppell (2020) Zaharakis (2021), Daniher (2020), Hurley (2022) and Hooker (2021). Hard to see how the list stayed together otherwise, I'd say only Heppell will command the same salary per year out of those 5 when each contract goes up for renewal, which means these trade ins and signings can happen with perhaps more paid in say 2022 once Hooker and Zaharakis get less. Good management

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Francis is all but gone, if he was gonna stay, he'd be signed up by now , off to a SA club, my guess is the Crows will grab him as they'll need to rebuild there list

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
Francis is all but gone, if he was gonna stay, he'd be signed up by now , off to a SA club, my guess is the Crows will grab him as they'll need to rebuild there list

Come back here in about a week and revisit this.

Doubt anyone wants to go to the Crows at the moment.

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

i still think Francis is better off going back to SA, if he was " staying " the deal would of been done by now like the others have been done.

You have no idea.

He put off signing until our season is over and that isn't until probably tonight.

You also have no idea of his personal circumstances so are in no position to me making definitive statements either way.

dumdum

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You have no idea.

He put off signing until our season is over and that isn't until probably tonight.

You also have no idea of his personal circumstances so are in no position to me making definitive statements either way.
yer OK

Back