Preview Elimination Final: West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 05/09/19 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fully Pumped, this day is going to drag.

I got the beers chillin in the fridge, the scotch in place for emergency sadness football and warned the neighbour this morning when getting in my car I'm gonna be loud and high possible chance of very strong language in nonsensical sentences.

C'MON DONS LET'S BREAK THIS FINALS HOODOO!
My neighbour is a West Coast fan and if we lose I'll be putting my empty dog food tins in her bins. I don't care who knows!!

Interested to see what the hell WC do with NicNat, he was running at 50% gametime before the latest injury can't see how they up it from there. Hope Smack rucks against him and TBC against Hickey.

Can't have NicNat just lumbering around in 2nd gear keeping up with TBC, get him chasing Smack having to make spoils and testing out that leg.

Cant see Ambrose playing forward as our preferred structure in defence is essentially 4 talls (Gleeson is out) as part of a 7 man defence.

Would be odd to weaken our aerial strength against West Coast who have the three tall forward options.

The forward line is notionally playing 5 talls if Ambrose is forward.

Again, would be odd to look at Laverde as the player he actually is for the first time in a final as part of a makeshift set up.

We've been creative in the last 2 weeks but that was out of necessity. I dont see the need for it with the team we've named.

I'd play Stringer on McGovern. You dont need to be able to take a mark to stop opposition from doing so and McGovern would be cooked at ground level where he holds the territory we basically want Stringer as the deepest forward anyway.

Interested to see what the hell WC do with NicNat, he was running at 50% gametime before the latest injury can't see how they up it from there. Hope Smack rucks against him and TBC against Hickey.

Can't have NicNat just lumbering around in 2nd gear keeping up with TBC, get him chasing Smack having to make spoils and testing out that leg.

Nic Nats 3rd gear is probably on par with TBCs 1st gear.

TBC is a snow plow.

Just try and hit deep grass with fwd entries even to get stoppages. Eagles backline can be slow with ball on deck not Hurns, Barass, Gov, Schofields cup of tea. Nelson can be shaky aswell.

Provide enough pressure up the field so they can't get deep entries on us.

Pressure, Intensity is key and play with a nothing to lose ball movement game. Can't go slow and allow them or anyone to setup so we'll, experienced sides set up so quickly.

I'm really looking forward to how guys like Parish, McGrath, Laverde, Langer's, Redman, Francis go in a final like this and if we have a glaring hole in the middle or not. Parish delivered va Sydney from memory. Hope he starts as one of the 3 inside

Ambrose probably playing on L.Ryan

Will be a very tough night for Saad and not sure what coaches can do about it. Maybe go to a wing from the start

Just try and hit deep grass with fwd entries even to get stoppages. Eagles backline can be slow with ball on deck not Hurns, Barass, Gov, Schofields cup of tea. Nelson can be shaky aswell.
Pretty much this. Wouldn't mind Ambrose playing a forward negating role on McGovern and Mitch Brown playing behind the ball.

Have Smack as the lone tall target up there given he is also good below his knees. Have us getting the ball inside 50 low and flat and have the likes of Walla, Raz and Stringer all buzzing around working the bigger opponents over, if Hurns Hammy's are iffy I hope we test him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if i am wrong gents.

but the last time we won a final without Sheedy was 1968? The same time Neil Armstrong was training to go to the moon.....

I'm at work doing my business when every now and then I'll think, we are playing a farken final tonight!!! Gets pangs of excitement...then it withers away, it's Thursday night, gotta get the kids to bed, gotta get up at 4.30am.. I just can't muster the general finals vibe.

Damn you Thursday night final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back