List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's currently the third banana behind Stanley and Blicsavs yeah?

I think i'd rather Isaac! Is he seriously up for trade?

If we start talking about it , it will be in the media before the footy starts tonight.

WhiskySaint

All Australian
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
As stated I think the Bruce trade is worth the dogs first with us getting a 3rd and them getting a second.

But I don’t want to include next years second as it could easily be pick 20.

Saints with no Steven, Bruce or Carlisle is bloody young. We have a week midfield and it’s not really improving next year from the trades we’ve been hearing about so far.

Acres is unimpressed with attempts to lure Brucey to the kennel 😬

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Think he’s fourth in line there. We need an experienced third ruckman behind Marshall and Ryder. Alabakis can’t be third in line.
This is true...Doubt Alabakis should even be in line at all!

Does anyone know if Isaac Smith is indeed on the table?
Cos i may well just like that table in my back yard!

As stated I think the Bruce trade is worth the dogs first with us getting a 3rd and them getting a second.

Saints with no Steven, Bruce or Carlisle is bloody young. We have a week midfield and it’s not really improving next year from the trades we’ve been hearing about so far.

This year we had no Steven, Carlisle or Hannebery.

Lenny2020

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd rather we get a couple of young guys with experience playing state level footy.

Fair enough. I often think worst case scenario. And if Marshall or Ryder got injured or they both had to play forward then I’d prefer Smith to a player with no AFL experience.

Ok fellas, I'm not sure how this will be received but I'm bored of doing Freo hypotheticals and you guys shape as having a real interesting off-season.

Please feel free to tell me to f off or delete the post if hate what I'm peddling, i understand.

Foreword: I really really respect what you guys appear to be doing this off-season. You appear to have identifed the need for run and carry as your biggest hole and that you are too top heavy with Ming getting ready to go. i also think you basically a shoe in for Bing next year which your Gubby is well across so they are happy to get value for KPPs they have at the moment that are surplus

Here's my attempt at a realistc trade off-season for St Kilda. I fully expect many of you will think I'm undervaluing your players and I understand that

Assumptions:
1) Bulldogs win week 1, lose 2nd week
2) GC get PP at the top of the draft
3) Geelong make the prelim and lose

Trade 1 (Dogs):
Out: Bruce
in: 14

Trade 2 (Cats)
Out: Steven, Future 4th
in: 33

Trade 3 (Dogs/Crows)
Out: Carlisle, 56
In: Keath, 42

Trade 4 (Hawks)
Out: 6
In: 11, 29

Keep in mind you generally need to pay a premium of 30%-50% to move up the draft order but I think this year will buck that trend given so many teams want to downgrade. Not sure Hawks want to do this but I think a top 12 pick is non-negotiable for Freo

Trade 5 (Freo)
Out: 11 and Acres
In: Hill

Net Result
Out: Carlisle, Acres, Bruce, Steven, 6, future 4th, 55
In: Hill, Keath, 14, 29, 33, 42

Ok fellas, I'm not sure how this will be received but I'm bored of doing Freo hypotheticals and you guys shape as having a real interesting off-season.

Please feel free to tell me to f off or delete the post if hate what I'm peddling, i understand.

Foreword: I really really respect what you guys appear to be doing this off-season. You appear to have identifed the need for run and carry as your biggest hole and that you are too top heavy with Ming getting ready to go. i also think you basically a shoe in for Bing next year which your Gubby is well across so they are happy to get value for KPPs they have at the moment that are surplus

Here's my attempt at a realistc trade off-season for St Kilda. I fully expect many of you will think I'm undervaluing your players and I understand that

Assumptions:

Trade 1 (Dogs):

Trade 2 (Cats)

Trade 3 (Dogs/Crows)

Trade 4 (Hawks)
View attachment 740480
Keep in mind you generally need to pay a premium of 30%-50% to move up the draft order but I think this year will buck that trend given so many teams want to downgrade. Not sure Hawks want to do this but I think a top 12 pick is non-negotiable for Freo

Trade 5 (Freo)

Net Result
I can't see any of this eventuating except Trade 1. Steven and Carlisle are both worth very little in this scenario. Acres + 11 for Hill is too much imo.

May 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

Incorrect,`The midfield will improve if the guys we are talking about come in,hill is a lock,jones a chance,hopefully more games out of hannebary, we got nothing out of steven this year anyway,with abit of luck bytel gets a good run at it

Assumptions:

Trade 1 (Dogs):

Trade 2 (Cats)

Trade 3 (Dogs/Crows)

Trade 4 (Hawks)
View attachment 740480

Trade 5 (Freo)

Net Result

Good work , the only thing you might want to consider is that we have an academy player in the mix. So, depending on where he is bid, the actual points we hold will be more important than moving later picks up the order.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

Hill should improve our impact from the midfield since he can hit an inside 50 target, and a full season from Hannebery is a game changer. Even in the few games he played this season, he looked like he could become the all australian quality player of a few years ago.

Patty_vanda

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey guys can anybody tell me what sort of year Tex Walker had at Adelaide ?

A very poor year. Almost dropped multiple times & basically stood down as captain.

Still managed to kick 43 goals VS Bruce’s 36

Some of the posts I read here are mind boggling.

We’ve been that bad for that long that half of us are afraid of change 😂

Last edited:
I can't see any of this eventuating except Trade 1. Steven and Carlisle are both worth very little in this scenario. Acres + 11 for Hill is too much imo.
i tried to be generous in the Steven and Carlisle trades if I'm being honest, but both are contracted so you have some level of power there I think.

I'm sure others here will think I havent given you enough. Carlisle has the back problem but I would still think he's worth more than Keath personally who has had just the one decent season.

I'll tread carefully on the Hill one since we'll disagree but do you think Acres and 11 is heavy overs or slight overs? I think you'll need to do slight overs to get it done.

Good work , the only thing you might want to consider is that we have an academy player in the mix. So, depending on where he is bid, the actual points we hold will be more important than moving later picks up the order.

Didnt know that and not a name I've heard of so I assume he's not expected to go top 40? Should be fine with the picks I've given you then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back