Game Day AFL Finals Week 1 game’s discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

For that that want to discuss this weekends games

Capture.PNG

Eagles vs Drug Cheats - I hope the Weagles bury them. Out in straight sets and Worsfold fired

Cats vs Pies - Pies to win this one. Scott to throw a tantrum about final not being played in the deep south

Giants vs Bullies - Go the dogs. Con-eeeggg-lio to sit silently staring at the ambassadorial empty space in the non-existent trophy cabinet. This will be his Colonel Nicholson moment!

Lions vs Tiges - Let's go Hodgey. Complete the fairy tale!

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Eagles should get over the line, but wouldn't be super surprised to see the Dons featuring AMT and Stringer to shake things up

Essendon lose and Geelong lose.

All I ask for.

This. Add GWS to the list also.

Prelims involving Richmond, Brisbane, Bulldogs and Collingwood will allow me to rest easy.

Last edited:
Essendon lose and Geelong lose.

All I ask for.
It’s how they lose that is all I care for.

Agonizingly close defeat vs belted from the first bounce.

I’m undecided.

I’m undecided.
As long as their hope is snuffed out really early, or their hearts broken really late, I'll sleep with a smile tonight.

The latter, preferably with a bit of score review/bunker controversy thrown in for good measure.
I don't want them or the media having any excuses.

Give me a thrashing that they can't spin, they will still try

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m undecided.
Essendon to get belted from the get go, Cats to lose late due to a contentious yet correct decision against them. Just contentious enough to be deemed the right decision, but iffy enough Scott, Selwood and fans melt heavily.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As long as their hope is snuffed out really early, or their hearts broken really late, I'll sleep with a smile tonight.

I hope for utter and early destruction. It would be great for them to be left with no doubt that they stumbled into the finals and truly suck. Their percentage sucks because they suck. In fact, the only thing they excel at is sucking.

So early destruction for me, please.

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
I actually don’t think we are going to get any real close games this weekend

Eagles by 35 - will put it to bed early then cruise
Pies by 26 - small/mid forwards will expose Geelong’s taller defence in the wet
Dogs by 22 - just playing far better then GWS
Tigers by 36 - will put the foot down

Then tipping both top 4 losers to go in straight sets ...... cue Chris Scott’s head exploding

I actually don’t think we are going to get any real close games this weekend

Eagles by 35 - will put it to bed early then cruise
Pies by 26 - small/mid forwards will expose Geelong’s taller defence in the wet
Dogs by 22 - just playing far better then GWS
Tigers by 36 - will put the foot down

Then tipping both top 4 losers to go in straight sets ...... cue Chris Scott’s head exploding
Brisbane at the GABBA, they should at least make a prelim

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If they don't suffer any injuries, particularly to Midfielders, I can't really see West Coast losing this one. Essendon should challenge, they seem to have an ability to break games open in the second half and score goals quickly to pile on the scoreboard pressure. Ultimately I'd back the eagles in to play the superior brand of footy.

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Think Gralin was suggesting the Lions would be tough to beat the following week at home vs either GWS or Doggies, in response to the top4 losers going out in straight sets remark. I too think the Tigers will be too strong, even up there.

Cats to knock the post-bye hoodoo on it's head, Eagles to do to the Bombers what they did to the Demons in the prelim last year, and the doggies midfield to keep on firing and propel them into a semi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back