AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't for the life of me work out how the 2018 grand final allocation for non competing gold members sold out in 10 minutes. How do 6,000 odd tickets sell out in 10 minutes?

It still doesn't sit right with me.

I still can't for the life of me work out how the 2018 grand final allocation for non competing gold members sold out in 10 minutes. How do 6,000 odd tickets sell out in 10 minutes?

It still doesn't sit right with me.
Lots of members wanted one, there are 30k, about 23k of whom were non
competing support.

Ticket systems can easily do 6k in 10 min. Last year's prelim and Friday's QF went very quick and there were probably 15k+.

competing support.

Ticket systems can easily do 6k in 10 min. Last year's prelim and Friday's QF went very quick and there were probably 15k+.
Fair enough.
Just seems odd that in 2017, roughly 10,500 seats (for non competing gold members) sold out in 90 minutes for the Adel V Rich GF.
However, last year roughly 6,000 sold out in 10 minutes.
Wouldn't you think it would take say 45 minutes to sell 6,000, not 10 minutes??

competing support.

You were one of the lucky (non competing gold) ones to get tickets to the last year's GF right?

Approx what time did you get the ticket?
How many devices did you use?
When was the first time you joined the queue?
How often did you join the queue with your additional devices?
When was the last time you joined the queue?

Appreciate your response in advance, but no stress if you can't be arsed answering.

You were one of the lucky (non competing gold) ones to get tickets to the last year's GF right?

Appreciate your response in advance, but no stress if you can't be arsed answering.

non-competing gold memberships used
2 tickets
6 devices (4 mobiles/2 laptops) all on different connections logged in from 10:51 staggered a minute apart..
mobile seems the way to go as 2 of these got in within a minute of tickets going on sale.. tickets were centre wing ten or so rows back

luck of the draw i think which sucks but better than the whole system crashing.

I documented some details live in this thread. I had 2 sessions open on desktop and laptop working off home broadband internet using both the main and mobile website and 1 session on phone on mobile internet. I was entering the queue every 5 minutes from about 20 min before sale time. My phone got in something like 8 minutes before sale time and I used that session to buy right on 2pm and got a level 1 seat. My phone got in again a few minutes later and I offered to get tickets for another poster who couldn't get in.

My advice is use mobile, keep entering the queue from 10 min before sale time and don't wait too long in the queue, re-enter after a couple of minutes.

Fair enough.
Just seems odd that in 2017, roughly 10,500 seats (for non competing gold members) sold out in 90 minutes for the Adel V Rich GF.
However, last year roughly 6,000 sold out in 10 minutes.
Wouldn't you think it would take say 45 minutes to sell 6,000, not 10 minutes??
I think the website was less stable in 2017 with time outs and errors affecting some people, meaning seats were getting released back on sale for some time.

Also depends on your defintion of sold out. If there are a few of seats in the back row that people are rejecting then it's not sold out. So 98% of seats may have sold in 15 or 20 min and then the last 2% sit there for quite a while with people selecting them then releasing them. It's not a linear process. In 2017 they probably sold the first 6k just as quickly as they did in 2018. Pies are by far the biggest supported club so people would have snapped up anything for their desperate family/friends.

I seem to be the only AFL member who missed out on seats for tomorrow night. I was all set up with a computer, a laptop and a mobile phone but was left in the queue for 20 minutes. By the time I got through, there were only standing room tix so I accepted these, but it's certainly not what I wanted.

So we are in the ground tomorrow but no seats. We are short people so not very happy.
If anyone is not going to sit on their seats tomorrow night for any reason, please PM me as I would be very grateful for a seat (or four).

I documented some details live in this thread. I had 2 sessions open on desktop and laptop working off home broadband internet using both the main and mobile website and 1 session on phone on mobile internet. I was entering the queue every 5 minutes from about 20 min before sale time. My phone got in something like 8 minutes before sale time and I used that session to buy right on 2pm and got a level 1 seat. My phone got in again a few minutes later and I offered to get tickets for another poster who couldn't get in.

My advice is use mobile, keep entering the queue from 10 min before sale time and don't wait too long in the queue, re-enter after a couple of minutes.
Appreciate your advice mate. Thank you.

Hopefully more non competing gold members get tickets this year.

I seem to be the only AFL member who missed out on seats for tomorrow night. I was all set up with a computer, a laptop and a mobile phone but was left in the queue for 20 minutes. By the time I got through, there were only standing room tix so I accepted these, but it's certainly not what I wanted.

So we are in the ground tomorrow but no seats. We are short people so not very happy.
If anyone is not going to sit on their seats tomorrow night for any reason, please PM me as I would be very grateful for a seat (or four).
s**t that's unlucky. Some tips for next time:

If you have a PC or Laptop, run a normal chrome and an incognito browser next to each other. Join the queue from 15 mins before sale time. I was fortunate that my work had 3 PCs right next to each other, so I had 6 in a queue there, plus my ipad and phone.

Of my 8 "sessions" in the queue, what I found was that they didn't clear in the order I entered the queue. Because they were all offset along the 15s countdown, I was able to hedge my bets that way. Was still too late to get a level 2 seat though.

I had my phone on 4G and my work laptop going for today's final, and weidly enough my laptop got in almost straight away and my phone was queueing for 10-15 mins. The phone has usually been the reliable bet for me, but just keep in mind there is the chook lotto element to the queuing system.

s**t that's unlucky. Some tips for next time:

If you have a PC or Laptop, run a normal chrome and an incognito browser next to each other. Join the queue from 15 mins before sale time. I was fortunate that my work had 3 PCs right next to each other, so I had 6 in a queue there, plus my ipad and phone.

Of my 8 "sessions" in the queue, what I found was that they didn't clear in the order I entered the queue. Because they were all offset along the 15s countdown, I was able to hedge my bets that way. Was still too late to get a level 2 seat though.

John, how do you join the queue? I don't recall this when I got Rich-Ade GF tickets...

John, how do you join the queue? I don't recall this when I got Rich-Ade GF tickets...
From sometime 30 to 15 minutes before tickets go on sale, ticketek will stop people from getting through to the ticket landing page (where you select MCC/AFL/Club membership). This puts you into the “queue” where every 15s your browser refreshes and you might get through to chose AFL members and buy your tickets.

Problem is, the queue isn’t a proper one. Ticketek allows X amount of people to buy tickets at once so that the server doesn’t crash. When a slot opens up, first person’s browser to refresh gets it.

It’s a bit like the lottery. The more tickets you buy, the larger your chance of winning. With ticketek, the more browsers you have in the queue, the quicker one of them will get in to allow you to buy the tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Richmond club support gold afl member I had no issues getting tickets for the 2017 grand final as obviously crows wouldn’t have many afl members. If however Richmond and Collingwood play in the grand final does anyone have the figures on each teams afl gold members? I wonder if it’s the only combination where some afl gold members of the competing teams would still miss out?

As a Richmond club support gold afl member I had no issues getting tickets for the 2017 grand final as obviously crows wouldn’t have many afl members. If however Richmond and Collingwood play in the grand final does anyone have the figures on each teams afl gold members? I wonder if it’s the only combination where some afl gold members of the competing teams would still miss out?
Below is from 2013. About 10k Pies/Tigers and there were about 14k seats last year so shouldn't be a problem. Will be hard for non club support though.

562193_02955f7751d15e0e8fbbd69bdce5a1c5 (1).jpg

Has it been confirmed that AFL Members get 14,000 tickets to the Grand Final? A few years ago (five, say) it was around 17,000.

Here are the club breakdowns from 2009 if anyone is interested too. Seems to have been pretty stable from 2009-2013, so I guess the 2013 club breakdown is probably still about right

Has it been confirmed that AFL Members get 14,000 tickets to the Grand Final? A few years ago (five, say) it was around 17,000.
It varies each year. I found doco which confirmed 16k in 2015 and 14k in 2017.
The current doco says 13-23k, there is no exact confirmed figure yet for 2019. They have to publish the actual final allocation by November 15 and display it until November 29.

With 13k currently the intended minimum there should be enough to cover a Pies/Tigers GF who have about 10k according to the latest figures.

I assume with the new prelim final ticketing in AFL members it will be very difficult/impossible for silver members to get tickets given Richmond and Collingwood are playing? Maybe the fact that the G will be hosting two prelims might open things up a bit though....

I assume with the new prelim final ticketing in AFL members it will be very difficult/impossible for silver members to get tickets given Richmond and Collingwood are playing? Maybe the fact that the G will be hosting two prelims might open things up a bit though....
Reckon silver will get a look in, might be after the gold sales though.

New? Back to the old way they did it when Gold meant more than just a Grand Final ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back