Politics Centrelink

May 1, 2016
When you use EFTPOS the money goes direct into bank. Transactions are 60 /40 in favour of EFTPOS. That will increase.
Impossible to pay anyone cash.
It actually cost s the business to pay wages undeclared cash

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Basically, when you told me that...
They could always try and compete with the Indians doing car washes at Westfield's shopping centre car parks.

I assumed that what you were referring to was people who offered to clean your windows at intersections. What I get for assuming.

:drunk:

Royal Flush

Feb 14, 2008
Basically, when you told me that...

I assumed that what you were referring to was people who offered to clean your windows at intersections. What I get for assuming.

:drunk:
The car wash at your shopping centre car parks. Nothing stopping people from starting a mobile car wash , detailing business service

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
This.

According to the actual rules, as a full time student I should not have done work for the dole, nor should I have needed to apply for 20 jobs a month. In actuality, the job agencies I attended both sought to have me drop my degree, with one person telling me that I couldn't attend classes this trimester as I needed to be at my activity or my payment would be cut. That I became aware of my rights is entirely due to an idle google search and a call to the unemployed workers union, after which I negotiated my hours for WFTD down and my jobs applied per month; although, I obtained 2 jobs all of a month later, so it was a case of a little late for me.

The way i see it, they have quotas to fill and people to sort through, often too many. Their job is made harder by the fact that employers do not want people who are on the dole working for them; they see them as the no-hopers, the lazy, the unqualified or the unemployable. And the situation is hardly worthwhile for the employers, either; most of the time, there simply are not enough jobs to go around, so you find yourself applying for jobs you know you aren't going to get or are not qualified for on the pretext of getting your jobs quota to 20. They then have to hire an agency to sort through the pile of applications, 80% of which are from people on the dole; some of whom may be employable, but how are they to know?

The current status quo is shocking for everyone involved, and it twists people who genuinely want to help others into trying to get their quotas up, bogs employers down in piles of unnecessary work, and keeps the lives of the jobless on the edge of a knife.
My biggest issue is the job agencies. Fair enough you look for 15-20 jobs a month.

Some consultants are arrogant pieces of garbage. they wont help you, they expect you to do things your self.

No shame to be on Newstart. No shame to be on $570 a fortnight. I pay my mum $100 a week in rent/board. I live with my mum and save up what ever cash I have left to do other things.

I have been on it for 4-5 years. I have had various jobs in that time mainly labour hire jobs. So doing labouring one month. then unemployed for the next 3-5 months, then do packing for 2-3 months then nothing for 6 months, then work for the dole for 6 months then some packing jobs for 2-3 months.

I am not doing an Alffie course. I dont mind studying while being unemployed. Studying is good as long as it leads to employment.

I did try and do get a truck license this time last year. gutted I failed. Im gonna save up more cash and try again.

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
I get that you're suspended at the moment, but the second you're not, post the job location so I can do my analysis on whether you can successfully make the transition from an urban centre to the country on the Newstart and associated payments.

I've waited for a while now. If you do not do this, I will find one of the jobs you're saying are so available to people on the Newstart, and you cannot complain about the location/job chosen.

Just look at you throwing around ultimatums.

LOL.
My biggest issue is the job agencies. Fair enough you look for 15-20 jobs a month.

Some consultants are arrogant pieces of garbage. they wont help you, they expect you to do things your self.

And there it is ladies and gentlemen.
Further on, this waster, can't even learn to drive a truck.
Yet continues to spend copious hours talking s**t on a footy website.
Still lives with mummy.
Cut his dole off.

May 1, 2016

LOL.
More, I'm uninterested in being told 'your analysis is suspect' because you're uninterested in actually discussing what you think and its relation to reality, as is in evidence by the rest of your comment:

Still lives with mummy.
Cut his dole off.
You realise you're being a dick, right? And you're not even really doing it effectively. There's also the irony of you telling anyone else they're talking s**t, when your presence in this thread is to reach out and grab at anything that seems to link itself even spuriously to your preexisting point of view, to laugh and to ridicule the jobless.

I mean, at least some of the others in here are subtle trolls, but I suppose it's asking too much of you to even attempt understanding.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
More, I'm uninterested in being told 'your analysis is suspect' because you're uninterested in actually discussing what you think and its relation to reality, as is in evidence by the rest of your comment:

Two and a half hours from Brisbane. One and a half hours from Toowoomba.
Please provide graphs of your 'analysis'.

You realise you're being a dick, right? And you're not even really doing it effectively. There's also the irony of you telling anyone else they're talking s**t, when your presence in this thread is to reach out and grab at anything that seems to link itself even spuriously to your preexisting point of view, to laugh and to ridicule the jobless.

I mean, at least some of the others in here are subtle trolls, but I suppose it's asking too much of you to even attempt understanding.

The only dicks in this thread are the ones wailing that life's too hard.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown

LOL.

Still lives with mummy.
Cut his dole off.
Living life on the dole in the gold coast must be sweet then.

Meh cut my dole off then. If I cant find a job, then I have to break in to your house and take some items of
yours and sell them to your local pawn shop. :)

congrats, you have exposed yourself as a gutless flog.

Hope your happy watching tough man tony abbott stood back and killed off the holden factory at elizabeth in SA too.

May 1, 2016
More specific, please. The towns/locations the jobs themselves are in, so I can work out a) if commuting from their current place of residence is possible, or b) what the rent at closer locales would be.

If it's acceptable, I'd have three cases: a male of reasonable fitness in their mid twenties, a mother with children and/or a spouse (considered with and without their spouse) and finally a person in their mid/late fifties. Does that sound like a fair set of case studies?

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
More specific, please. The towns/locations the jobs themselves are in, so I can work out a) if commuting from their current place of residence is possible, or b) what the rent at closer locales would be.

If it's acceptable, I'd have three cases: a male of reasonable fitness in their mid twenties, a mother with children and/or a spouse (considered with and without their spouse) and finally a person in their mid/late fifties. Does that sound like a fair set of case studies?

Oh f*** off. Have a look at a map.
It's not south as that's NSW.
It's not east as they'd need to be dolphins.
Think about it pal.
If they live in Brisbane or Toowoomba they're hardly going to commute daily.
You're just being a dick.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
Living life on the dole in the gold coast must be sweet then.

Meh cut my dole off then. If I cant find a job, then I have to break in to your house and take some items of
yours and sell them to your local pawn shop. :)

congrats, you have exposed yourself as a gutless flog.

Hope your happy watching tough man tony abbott stood back and killed off the holden factory at elizabeth in SA too.

If that's all you've got there is very little wonder why you're still living with Mum, can't learn how to drive a truck and complaining about how tough life is.
Get off your arse.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
If that's all you've got there is very little wonder why you're still living with Mum, can't learn how to drive a truck and complaining about how tough life is.
Get off your arse.
it cost money to get lessons champ.

my JPS dont fund it. I have to save up money to do it.

Simple answer is the government shuts down the 2nd party people that make money from unemployed people,
I call these the job providers and this would save millions if not more.
Then create a decent system that can indenifty the cheats that rort surely it is not hard?
Maybe ask people that had the pleasure to do work for the dole and how demolishing is it to a persons life.

No shame to be on Newstart. No shame to be on $570 a fortnight. I pay my mum $100 a week in rent/board. I live with my mum and save up what ever cash I have left to do other things.

I have been on it for 4-5 years. I have had various jobs in that time mainly labour hire jobs. So doing labouring one month. then unemployed for the next 3-5 months, then do packing for 2-3 months then nothing for 6 months, then work for the dole for 6 months then some packing jobs for 2-3 months.

I am not doing an Alffie course. I dont mind studying while being unemployed. Studying is good as long as it leads to employment.

I did try and do get a truck license this time last year. gutted I failed. Im gonna save up more cash and try again.
Hey some people think things come easy,
Keep your head up,

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
it cost money to get lessons champ.

my JPS dont fund it. I have to save up money to do it.
Oh ffs.
Take the initiative yourself for a change. Approach 1,2 ...50 drivers in your area and ask if you could sit in the 2 seat and watch and learn.
Just DO something and stop moaning.
Life is NOT easy.

Ok to the people that hate people

The only dicks in this thread are the ones wailing that life's too hard.
Wow so you are fully informed of his situation?
And can make such a comment?
Life is hard and that's a fact it's not a roadway to some kind of rainbow.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
Ok to the people that hate people

Wow so you are fully informed of his situation?
And can make such a comment?
Life is hard and that's a fact it's not a roadway to some kind of rainbow.

Informed that there are jobs available for those who wish to re-locate and work hard?
Yes, yes I am.

May 1, 2016
Oh f*** off. Have a look at a map.
It's not south as that's NSW.
It's not east as they'd need to be dolphins.
Think about it pal.
If they live in Brisbane or Toowoomba they're hardly going to commute daily.
You're just being a dick.
... because I don't live in Queensland, I'm the dick? How dare I know less about your state than you do!

This is where I wonder why you even bother to post in here. You're not here to learn, you're not here for discussion, you're not here for affirmation, and you're too poor a troll to be in here for that. I told you originally, provide me with towns/job locations, and I'll take it from there.

You're clearly not willing to accept any conclusion which doesn't already adhere to your point of view. It's fine. You just keep on being the obnoxious caricature you are, and I'll have a beer whilst watching the cricket.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
... because I don't live in Queensland, I'm the dick? How dare I know less about your state than you do!

This is where I wonder why you even bother to post in here. You're not here to learn, you're not here for discussion, you're not here for affirmation, and you're too poor a troll to be in here for that. I told you originally, provide me with towns/job locations, and I'll take it from there.

You're clearly not willing to accept any conclusion which doesn't already adhere to your point of view. It's fine. You just keep on being the obnoxious caricature you are, and I'll have a beer whilst watching the cricket.

Brisbane and Toowoomba are new cities for you??

LOLOLOLOLOL!!

You're full of s**t.

May 1, 2016
Brisbane and Toowoomba are new cities for you??

LOLOLOLOLOL!!

You're full of s**t.
Brisbane isn't, but living somewhere is different to visiting somewhere once. I have no idea where Toowoomba is. I am still willing to research it a bit, but without locales I can't actively explore rental markets and moving costs, which is the point of the argument. I cannot discuss moving from a poor socioeconomic area in Brisbane to a 2 hour radius around the city, because I cannot then locate a place to move to. The point of the analysis is therefore circumvented, because you are completely unwilling to provide a single job or a single town out of some form of contrariness.

Funny, isn't it? I rather think you're trying too hard. I mean, I've got plenty for you to hate about me already, and my lack of knowing your home state better than you do is what you're picking?