Game Day 1st Elimination Final: West Coast Vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I am strangely calm.

Win or lose the sun still rises and sets and we push on, paying bills till we're 6ft deep.

Go Eagles.

Also my philosophy.

Not as worked up about this as previous years.

Maybe, like the players themselves, we are still basking in 2018, knowing that even if it all goes to s**t we still added a fourth cup to the trophy cabinet.

That being said, f*** Essendon.

Also my philosophy.

Maybe, like the players themselves, we are still basking in 2018, knowing that even if it all goes to s**t we still added a fourth cup to the trophy cabinet.

Im the same. Want a win. Expect a win. If we lose - sad but ah well.

Just don't want Tiges winning. Dream scenario is we both make the Grannie and we flog em on a bright and sunny day on a bone-dry field.

I am strangely calm.

Win or lose the sun still rises and sets and we push on, paying bills till we're 6ft deep.

Go Eagles.

3d3f1c1ea789e6604fa2e6e553bb03b8.jpg

You've changed your tune?

Essendon a big chance here. West Coast showed they aren't interested in doing the hard stuff vs the Hawks - Gaff, Nic, and Sheppard can go f*ck themselves, everyone else got theirs last year. If the Eagles let Essendon run-n-gun the ball out of D50 like they have been the 2 weeks previous it could be a bad night.

You've changed your tune?

:p

Yeah I have. In the cold light of reasoning I don't see how Essendon get over us if everything is equal. My only concern is that we are bringing in suspect hammies.

HOWEVER - if we cant clamp down on ball transition out of D50 then its going to be an interesting night.

I am strangely calm.

Go Eagles.
I am strangely calm too.
I've had a couple of days off looking after 2 sick kids, helps to keep it real.
When the missus gets home after work and takes over, I'll slip into game mode.
We will crush them!

Not happy about bringing in a couple of underdone players, that never works out well.
At least ours have their shoulders in one piece.

What are the odds that one clash and Hurleys out for the game?

Last edited:
Not happy about bringing in a couple of underdone players, that never works out well.
Yeah keeping keeping petrol in after his 3 possession game would have been a much better idea!
What did you expect them to do play Naitanui in the 2nds for 2 weeks until he was ready? FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also my philosophy.

Just don't want Tiges winning. Dream scenario is we both make the Grannie and we flog em on a bright and sunny day on a bone-dry field.

What's wrong with you people I'll be ******* livid if we waste the season tonight

I'll be ******* livid if we waste the season tonight
What will this achieve for you?

Not saying it's wrong, but to be livid at something you cannot control seems a waste of energy to me.

Sad & disappointed, yes. Livid? Not sure.

What's wrong with you people I'll be ******* livid if we waste the season tonight
I understand what you are saying, but imo we wasted the season against Hawthorn and I was livid then. I'm hoping that the boys turn it on tonight and looking forward to being able to watch our Fijian God back on the park, but have no expectations.

My biggest worry was seeing that pace go out of the team and three slowies coming in albeit NN.Im with the zen crowd;not at all jittery.The last couple of weeks beat that out of me.I think Essendon will be in the game for a fair while but we will win.As long as we are close at three quarter time we will win.I think every contest Hurley goes into the crowd should go"owwwwwch!!"

Got a horrible 2016 vs The Dogs feeling in my stomach but that could be 2 week old Hawk-related nausea.

All the pressure on WCE tonight.

Did read that Nick Reiwoldt is pissy at Tom Barrass for saying earlier in the year that he felt directionless after winning a flag...

Nick of course never scratched that itch so he would only be imagining what that might feel like and likely can’t comprehend not feeling utterly validated and whole as a result of winning one....so his frustration with Tommy B really says more about him than anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back