Preview Second Elimination Final – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday 7th September 2019, Giants Stadium, 3.20pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
I am sick of the team being labelled individuals vs system. It s**ts me no end.
Gee there's a few labels;
AFL love-child/ Head Office's baby. (general Vic media do this, all of them)
The team is SO talented, they're weak to lose. (Plough the main culprit here) (Seriously, would Lloyd, Reid and Kenners make any other best 22?)
Plastic (Footscray obviously)
In Adelaide, both Crows and Port fans continually say Giants have no ticker...like all the time!
List goes on & on..

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
My team for Saturday:
Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Taylor Kennedy/perryman
Deledio Hopper Kelly
Greene Cameron Whitfield
Daniels HH Finlayson
Mumford Taranto MDB

Corr Reid Tomlinson/Keefe hill/Lloyd

Whoever misses out will be unlucky but I’d be going (doubt this will be how the MC go) Kennedy over perryman, Keefe over Tomlinson and Lloyd over hill.

If Deledio is fit he plays and essentially takes Tomlinson’s spot in on the wing. Tomlinson is then heads up with Keefe for backup ruck.

Kennedy gives a bit more run from the back than perryman and Lloyd has done a bit more than hill at this stage although rolling the dice on hill is a risk I don’t mind us taking.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
My team for Saturday:
Shaw Davis Haynes
Deledio Hopper Kelly
Greene Cameron Whitfield
Daniels HH Finlayson
Mumford Taranto MDB

Whoever misses out will be unlucky but I’d be going (doubt this will be how the MC go) Kennedy over perryman, Keefe over Tomlinson and Lloyd over hill.

If Deledio is fit he plays and essentially takes Tomlinson’s spot in on the wing. Tomlinson is then heads up with Keefe for backup ruck.

Kennedy gives a bit more run from the back than perryman and Lloyd has done a bit more than hill at this stage although rolling the dice on hill is a risk I don’t mind us taking.

Williams was slaughtered by Lipinski last time amongst others. Like some others he lacks height and reach to counteract some of the Bulldogs. I would put him on Johansen at half forward

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
My team for Saturday:
Shaw Davis Haynes
Deledio Hopper Kelly
Greene Cameron Whitfield
Daniels HH Finlayson
Mumford Taranto MDB

Deledio has not played on the wing all season so they won't start in a final. The coach loves him though so he'll be in the side somewhere tomorrow night.

The rest of your side looks good. Personally I'd go Keefe and Hill. Lloyd deserves it far more but it's hard to find a role for him with HH/Jezza/Fin all in there.

The two weak links are Mumford and Kennedy. Both have been in woeful form but need to somehow extract a performance out of somewhere if this team is going to stay alive.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Williams was slaughtered by Lipinski last time amongst others. Like some others he lacks height and reach to counteract some of the Bulldogs. I would put him on Johansen at half forward

Please enlighten me on the “amongst others” in terms of Williams being slaughtered?

Height and tech won’t be an issue with Corr, Taylor, Haynes and Davis in the side.

We have others that will play defensive HF before Williams.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Please enlighten me on the “amongst others” in terms of Williams being slaughtered?

Height and tech won’t be an issue with Corr, Taylor, Haynes and Davis in the side.

We have others that will play defensive HF before Williams.

Lipinski took 2 marks on him in front of Williams I saw in the replay. There where a number of goals kicked by Dogs in space with Williams in the vicinity. One Dog kicked a goal out the back Williams came at him belatedly after the result as I recall

Loose checking. Check the vision. Bontempelli took a mark later in the game inside 50 metres Williams closest from him out of a stoppage contest

Corr, Taylor, Haynes and Davis will not be playing on Lipinski, Macrae, Bontempelli one would imagine. In fact all four probably would not play since Bulldogs do not have the key forwards

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Deledio has not played on the wing all season so they won't start in a final. The coach loves him though so he'll be in the side somewhere tomorrow night.

The rest of your side looks good. Personally I'd go Keefe and Hill. Lloyd deserves it far more but it's hard to find a role for him with HH/Jezza/Fin all in there.

The two weak links are Mumford and Kennedy. Both have been in woeful form but need to somehow extract a performance out of somewhere if this team is going to stay alive.

Deledio has been switching between the flank and wing all season. You had me second guessing my recollection but went back nd had a look at his heat maps for the pies and tigers and he had 16 & 17 possessions and only had 1 possibly inside the forward 50 in each game and the rest were up and down the wing or across half back.

Agree on hill v Lloyd but given how Lloyd came straight back in and the kicked 3 he seems to be a favourite.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Lipinski took 2 marks on him in front of Williams I saw in the replay. There where a number of goals kicked by Dogs in space with Williams in the vicinity. One Dog kicked a goal out the back Williams came at him belatedly after the result as I recall

Loose checking. Check the vision. Bontempelli took a mark later in the game inside 50 metres Williams closest from him out of a stoppage contest

Corr, Taylor, Haynes and Davis will not be playing on Lipinski, Macrae, Bontempelli one would imagine. In fact all four probably would not play since Bulldogs do not have the key forwards

Would be reading too much into the round 22 game. Giants will be a very different side

There is difference between being closest to the mark and goals being kicked on him. Shows a bit of a lack of knowledge about the giants to suggest he shouldn’t be playing in defence.

Those 4 backs are all likely to play because they will stop the dogs scoring enough to win.

Dogs do have the marking targets anyway - schache, Dickson and resting ruck if you play one plus a resting bont

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Would be reading too much into the round 22 game. Giants will be a very different side

There is difference between being closest to the mark and goals being kicked on him. Shows a bit of a lack of knowledge about the giants to suggest he shouldn’t be playing in defence.

Those 4 backs are all likely to play because they will stop the dogs scoring enough to win.

Dogs do have the marking targets anyway - schache, Dickson and resting ruck if you play one plus a resting bont

Answer me this, who was on Dickson for the first goal against GWS??

Not necessarily have a crack at Williams here but who was his man??

You have to read into the game when you are looking for a 120 point turnaround!!

To me there are role issues/structural issues that need to be tinkered with before GWS can win a premiership convincingly where the players buy in and belief rather than slapstick ra ra

For example, maybe Kelly was just back from a spell but he got tackled a lot holding on to the ball for too long. This is why I think him on the ing helps as he has more space and time. Also the GWS getting out tackled by the Bulldogs in that match cannot happen!!!

The second goal from a tackle on Stein should not have happened. Stein is young, only starting but heres the problem I have. Why did Davis use that option in the first place?? To me that is slapstick unnecessary pressure put on the backline and better options should have been taken by Davis

Last edited:

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Bro

Honestly

You take a lot of prescription medication while you internet don’t you?

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Bro

Honestly

You take a lot of prescription medication while you internet don’t you?

don't worry I am going through the game. Its called accountability, its what high performance clubs do!!!

at the 16.15 minute running clock mark Williams takes a mark and makes a sloppy kick not too unlike the previous handball by Davis causing a goal. The commentators comments not mine"Oh gees thats dangerous"

Shcache kicks a snap goal from this with the commentators saying "thats too too easy"

I must say the second goal from Dickson was far too easy to!!!

Last edited:
don't worry I am going through the game. Its called accountability, its what high performance clubs do!!!

at the 16.15 minute running clock mark Williams takes a mark and makes a sloppy kick not too unlike the previous handball by Davis causing a goal. The commentators comments not mine"Oh gees thats dangerous"

Shcache kicks a snap goal from this with the commentators saying "thats too too easy"

Dude, I know you post here as a sympathiser, and I feel I've said this before, this is our page.
Feel free to express a non targeted opinion, but arguing perceptions with our board members is off limits, as it would be on your board

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
The club is sending text messages offering 35 dollar tickets today

Can't bode well for the crowd numbers I wouldn't have thought

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
8 thousand left as of Monday night

No matter what will be our biggest crowd of the year.

35 dollars were the cheapest tickets on offer from day 1 any way.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Here we go!
Screenshot_20190905-182206_AFL.jpeg

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Massive ins. Disappointed for Hill as I love what he brings but understand brining in the hard heads.

Haynes will be fired up and Greene is pissed he missed the Suns game from all reports.

Hopper back in making our midfield the best it can be without our Captain.

Interesting Tomlinson getting dropped though is anyone surprised really? I always thought he had something on Leon personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back