Traded Josh Bruce [traded to Western Bulldogs for #32 and #51]

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you’re kidding? McLean has dropped off in a big way. He’s been dropped multiple times this year hasn’t he?
I get the by play between supporters with this kind of thing but I would be livid if it was McLean for Bruce. Absolutely livid. I'd want something meaningful back.

McLean is a seriously good footballer and still young. If I'm parting with McLean, I'm wanting some serious compensation.

Bailey Williams could be steak knives but only if it's a second.

He would have more class than Dunstan since Dunstan is a very contested, inside player as seen by his numbers this year.
But Seb Ross is a better player than him.

Lol you know your side is bog average when you're hanging your hat on Seb Ross being a better player than Toy McLean. Ross is close to the Saints #1 senior mid, McLean is about 6+ in the queue at the Bulldogs.

Lol you know your side is bog average when you're hanging your hat on Seb Ross being a better player than Toy McLean. Ross is close to the Saints #1 senior mid, McLean is about 6+ in the queue at the Bulldogs.
Yep because me responding about the two players mentioned by a Dogs supporter trying to claim McLean would be StKilda's best midfielder is just me hanging onto Seb Ross' mediocrity more than just responding to the examples provided in his statement. :rolleyes:

Reasonably humorous in a thread about a 'reasonable' KPP who would be the bulldogs best big forward this side of Chris Grant, Barry Hall cameo aside.

FWIW 9 wins says we're below average.

Yep because me responding about the two players mentioned by a Dogs supporter trying to claim McLean would be StKilda's best midfielder is just me hanging onto Seb Ross' mediocrity more than just responding to the examples provided in his statement. :rolleyes:

He almost would be. Scary, isn't it?

Yes. It would not be his game plan if he doesn’t have the right players to do that plan.
Plans change when you have different players available.
If you have Naughton, Schache and Bruce available, the 3 talls may be utilised, especially if you have the midfield that the dogs have.
Yes we will. They are not all lumbering talls, they will all move up the ground and back.

Brilliant move to make a seismic change to a game plan which won you a flag and gets you to finals this year 🙄.

Here’s a fun fact.

In 2018 playing more as a mid Toby McLean averaged more centre clearances a game than seb Ross did in 2019.

Isn’t seb Ross your best player?

You take that back he’s not even our best midfielder. Jack Billings. Rowan Marshall. Jack Steven. Dylan Roberton. Jake Carsile. It can go on.

Bruce is the type of player ho could well make a big difference to the Dogs. This is why Bevo would want him.

McLean is a nice enough player, but is not an improvement of any of Dunstan, Ross or Steele (and Steele as our defensive mid has other great qualities and who beaten most of the guns he plays on).

In addition Gresham is being more and more played as mid this year as his tank builds. Hunter clearly will be. Wings will be Hill and Billings and possibly Tomlinson.

What that means is that McLean would be an ok acquisition for us, but who would not really improve things. Now don't get me wrong the Saints need to improve our midfield (hence Hill), it is just that McLean will not achieve that to any significant degree.

Losing Bruce and say having McLean squeeze out Dunstan means that StKilda as a team goes backwards.

So logically I cannot see the Saints trading Bruce for such a player (or at least not when said player is the prime part of the trade). No the deal would need to be for something that the Saints really lack, or a pick good enough to assist in getting such a player.

Good trades are win-win. The suggested Bruce-McLean trade is only a win for Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce is the type of player ho could well make a big difference to the Dogs. This is why Bevo would want him.

McLean is a nice enough player, but is not an improvement of any of Dunstan, Ross or Steele (and Steele as our defensive mid has other great qualities and who beaten most of the guns he plays on).

In addition Gresham is being more and more played as mid this year as his tank builds. Hunter clearly will be. Wings will be Hill and Billings and possibly Tomlinson.

What that means is that McLean would be an ok acquisition for us, but who would not really improve things. Now don't get me wrong the Saints need to improve our midfield (hence Hill), it is just that McLean will not achieve that to any significant degree.

Losing Bruce and say having McLean squeeze out Dunstan means that StKilda as a team goes backwards.

So logically I cannot see the Saints trading Bruce for such a player (or at least not when said player is the prime part of the trade). No the deal would need to be for something that the Saints really lack, or a pick good enough to assist in getting such a player.
We wouldn't offer him up so all good.

I think the Dogs should just negotiate directly with the Dockers.

Whatever they give for Bruce goes to the Dockers for Hill.
Zero chance it's that simple for the Saints. Hill will demand far more in trade cost than Bruce. If anything, it'll end up a 3-way trade, and Saints will not get away with just Bruce for Hill

lucky for the saints they can tell the dogs where to go if it doesn't match their valuation of Bruce...
Sure because of the SUPER strong position the Saints are in with all the alleged trades they want to do! Only holding a first............then pick 55 and some futures.
They need currency and are preparing for a tilt at B King most likely next year

Sure because of the SUPER strong position the Saints are in with all the alleged trades they want to do! Only holding a first............then pick 55 and some futures.
They need currency and are preparing for a tilt at B King most likely next year

Good point - they should ship Bruce out for a pick that gets them B King.

Dogs first round will do.

Your club doesn't seem to agree if they're supposedly offering him "a deal he can't refuse"
For a player likely to be squeezed out to make way for M King to have a spot and if the Saints get there way B King next year.
Could play a great role for us but not a have to have player. Don't think we will over pay, not sure where his real value sits as I haven't seen enough of him to know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back