2nds VFL Practice Game Friday 6/9 @ 5pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This is great news. This might also sway our thinking a bit with guys like Ben Reid, Wells and Aish. Considering we have the double chance, they may take no risks this week and just get another game into them. If we lose, then they will come into serious consideration I would have thought.

Interesting that in the article it says that the game will give players like Travis Varcoe the chance to push for selection. Seems it is now common knowledge ?

Oh wait, tomorrow? I mis-read that for Saturday lol

I may go before the game at the G, we'll see what the weather is like

Forecast for rain to be Pissing Down.

Bit like the night of the Richmond Double Header

This is great news. This might also sway our thinking a bit with guys like Ben Reid, Wells and Aish. Considering we have the double chance, they may take no risks this week and just get another game into them. If we lose, then they will come into serious consideration I would have thought.

Well it would make more sense to do that now with this Game on

Yep.

And, I don’t like saying it, but I don’t really like our structure in the seniors this week. One tall too few.

So I reckon I’d Reid plays well and makes it through he’s got to be a massive chance.

Yep.

And, I don’t like saying it, but I don’t really like our structure in the seniors this week. One tall too few.

So I reckon I’d Reid plays well and makes it through he’s got to be a massive chance.

IF he does not get injured 1st

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only are players champing at the bit to play so they can force their way back into senior teams, but clubs would prefer to call on match-ready reserves at the most important time of the year.
So when Collingwood and Geelong discussed the prospect of an unofficial match this week, both clubs were eager to explore the idea. The Holden Centre — which is positioned barely a drop punt away from the MCG — was the logical venue.
It has floodlights, is easily accessible, and will allow clubs to keep all staff and coaches in the one precinct.

There is also plenty on the line for key players, including a spot in a preliminary final 22 a fortnight down the track.
The match will start at 5pm.

Wow really not sure about this practice game.
I can see some benefits but also many negatives.

What negatives? Both teams VFL season is over & need work into depth & underdone players.

Win/win for both clubs.

What negatives? Both teams VFL season is over & need work into depth & underdone players.

Win/win for both clubs.
Well fair enough I just don't see the depth there to justify it.
Wells is done.<
Reid is Done.<
Varcoe very close to being done.<

Surely the other players can train?

My apologies for my negative views!

Marty I would suggest the selection panel don't agree with your views regarding veteran players.

But what would they know eh?

BF has the sum total of footy wisdom in the universe.

<<<<wanders off shaking head in disbelief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back