Recommitted Aaron Francis [re-signed for 3 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt anyone wants to go to the Crows at the moment.
I'd be surprised if there are any confirmed in's before the external review and recommendations are completed and the club acts on them. Really the club is somewhat in a state of flux atm. List management will keep moving but i expect retirements and a few players confirming the clubs they will be moving to to occur leading into trade week. Imo it is more important to get back of house and coaching positions sorted first then anyone that may come will know what structures are in place

Little Johnny told him? Well that changes everything then.

End thread.
Whatever.
I’m just telling you what I was told from my adult son who plays football with Aaron’s two adult brothers and they were quite open about it. I couldn’t care less if you choose not to believe it because I’m sure some fake ITK on your club board knows better than us what goes on in a small country SA town.
Guess we will find out soon enough but I posted this on the Crows board last week

Whatever.
I’m just telling you what I was told from my adult son who plays football with Aaron’s two adult brothers and they were quite open about it. I couldn’t care less if you choose not to believe it because I’m sure some fake ITK on your club board knows better than us what goes on in a small country SA town.
Guess we will find out soon enough but I posted this on the Crows board last week
I wouldn't concern myself with Bill here. His continued obsession with Essendon is why he's even on this thread in the first place.

Doubt anyone wants to go to the Crows at the moment.
People went to Essendon after they were confirmed drug cheats. The Crows lost a few games and might sack some admin and some aging members of their list. It happens every year, and they'll be fine.

People went to Essendon after they were confirmed drug cheats.
And what an illustrious group of recruits it was. Paul Chapman and Adam Cooney with 1 good leg between them, Jimmy Gwilt, Shaun Edwards, Jonathon Giles and Craig Bird. Goddard signed on before he knew what he was getting himself into.

It's not easy to attract quality when your club is in a sh*thole

Whatever.
ITK posters are awesome.

ITK posters are awesome.
I’m definitely not an ITK. Pretty hard living in SA and working OS for large chunks of the year. Just posting what I’ve heard. His brothers are all mad Essendon fans (all Essendon supporters are mad) and they joked about disowning him if he left :D

It's an interesting one. I love Francis and think he's in the top 5 talents on the list, and the best talent under 23, but he does have a few issues. II hope he stays and settles in defence next year but I feel he needs to learn how to play on those medium type forwards ala Gleeson, he should be the one to take Gary Rohan or Josh Caddy types.

he's done well to regain fitness and play to a level it looked like he wouldn't a few years ago but surely he's too slow for gary rohan. happy to be corrected.

With Hooker and Hurley just about cooked, Ambrose (28ny) their best defender they must keep Francis as the cabinet is now looking pretty bare in regards to KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's done well to regain fitness and play to a level it looked like he wouldn't a few years ago but surely he's too slow for gary rohan. happy to be corrected.
He's actually reasonably quick. Would suit Rohan to a tee.
With Hooker and Hurley just about cooked, Ambrose (28ny) their best defender they must keep Francis as the cabinet is now looking pretty bare in regards to KPP.
We have this kid called Brandon Zerk-Thatcher in the 2's that looks like he could be AFL ready next year.

So lets get back on topic, Francis isn't going anywhere. If the South Australian teams are after a third tall, Matt Dea just became available.

He’s uncontracted, has previously been linked to a move home and the season is over.

Until he signs it’s entirely reasonable to suspect leaving is a possibility.

watch this space on Francis this week i would think, we should know more whether he's staying or going or maybe our mate Tom Browne will shine some light on his contract negotiations

watch this space on Francis this week i would think, we should know more whether he's staying or going or maybe our mate Tom Browne will shine some light on his contract negotiations
If Browne takes an interest you can be sure we’ll have light shone on him leaving to Adelaide, leaving to Port, getting homesick and going back home to the border permanently/for a holiday, re-signing for 10 years and 3 years at Essendon simultaneously and having great friends at the club and buying a house in Melbourne, all by the end of the fortnight.

Looks a very good player in the making.Played really well Thursday night.Couldnt afford to lose him.
Future of our defence. If hurley can get through preseason, we could push hooker forward.

Hurley, francis, ridley, redman, saad, mckenna, gleeson down back.
Hooker, daniher, stringer up forward with whichever smalls and mids are at their feet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back