Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Essendon 10+ to <30

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • Essendon 30+

Votes: 15 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Depressing that's it's only taken Brisbane about 3 years to finish second on the ladder where's Essendon has been trying to win a ******* final for over a decade.

Need a ******* broom through the joint.

Yeah, Lions whinging about this and that and plenty of others are in no mans land reminding me of ninethmond!!

North,Hawks,Blues,Saints will all pass us soon if we don't make changes.

Blues are on the up long term, not so sure about North and Hawks although their might be a short term rise.

Saints are an interesting one, bit of an enigma in terms of a unique list, not sure there. Interesting to see what they do with Ratten at the helm now

Still read the article about compromised drafts with academy etc.. so its a bit of a crap shoot next year anyway apparently.

A lot of teams are becoming mid range. Even the gun teams are not that loaded with superstars these days so might be a case of getting the base fairly good, bit of luck here and there and anything can happen on any given year especially if its a weak one.

Might be cause why Gold Coasts draft priority proposal is madness because no need for super teams when comp is becoming more even all the time

Last edited:
Blues are on the up long term, not so sure about North and Hawks although their might be a short term rise.

Saints are an interesting one, bit of an enigma in terms of a unique list, not sure there. Interesting to see what they do with Ratten at the helm now

Still read the article about compromised drafts with academy etc.. so its a bit of a crap shoot next year anyway apparently.

A lot of teams are becoming mid range. Even the gun teams are not that loaded with superstars these days so might be a case of getting the base fairly good, bit of luck here and there and anything can happen on any given year especially if its a week one.

Might be cause why Gold Coasts draft priority proposal is madness because no need for super teams when comp is becoming more even all the time

I think Saints did a mistake hiring Ratten

It's like when we hired Worsfold failed coaches rarely succeed at their 2nd job

I think Saints did a mistake hiring Ratten

It's like when we hired Worsfold failed coaches rarely succeed at their 2nd job

It’s like when you hired worsfold?!

Worsfold isn’t a failed coach, he won a flag ffs.

It takes time to build a premiership team, clubs have to have patience as it doesn’t happen overnight. Worsfold has a history of building premiership teams, give him time and he’ll do it again.

Not sure why the Nic Nat incident has become a VIC/WA slagging match. Can't see him getting suspended. I don't think anyone would get suspended for that, unless the guy was hurt when he went into the fence. It will be taken into account that his hair was pulled and it was a retaliation. Might get a fine and that's it. I have no idea why so many people here think he will be suspended.. No chance of that happening over this.
I agree that he won't be suspended, but just because it was retaliation doesn't give you a free pass to do whatever you want. Yeah Zerrett's hair pull was pretty weak, but the reaction of throwing him into the fence was extremely dumb. I think NN will escape with a fine but there is the potential to cause injury/rough conduct possibility that might see him get 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It takes time to build a premiership team, clubs have to have patience as it doesn’t happen overnight. Worsfold has a history of building premiership teams, give him time and he’ll do it again.

It takes longer building a club from the s**t mess it was. I'd give him the last year to see where it goes with injured players back fit.

If the club thought that it will take a few years to build a premiership list they wouldn't have got Stringer,Smith,Saad,Shiel to the club. Those players were brought in to have a crack at flag now.

It takes longer building a club from the s**t mess it was. I'd give him the last year to see where it goes with injured players back fit.

Not holding my breath on our fortunes turning next season.

If I were coach they will get no mad monday and no holidays time for this group of players for some tough love if they don't like it they can find another club.

Last edited:
If the club thought that it will take a few years to build a premiership list they wouldn't have got Stringer,Smith,Saad,Shiel to the club. Those players were brought in to have a crack at flag now.
Perhaps the management/Board of the EFC were in la la land and thought miracles happen overnight which of course is not being realistic. Considering the mess Essendon were in following the drugs saga it's bound to take a few years to get everything back on track. A little bit of patience is needed I would think, andas long as there are signs of improvement then your Club is heading in the right direction.

The trouble with Essendon as I see it is the bottom 6 or even more are just too weak. Not enough quality. I do not mind the look of Ambrose but really for the players on the park Essendon overachieved making he eight I think.

There are a number of teams with average lists so you can win a number of games without being strong

Essendon have been a bit unlucky. When they had good picks they did not go bad in getting McGrath, Parish and so forth but these players are not franchise players like a Bontempelli or J Cameron or Lloyd or James Hird.

Essendon lack a few real quality gun players and having Daniher out does not help

Back