Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Labor more guilty than the Libs.
How so?

Don't get me wrong, immigration policy in relation asylum seekers and refugees has been a * up since the turn of the century with governments from both sides guilty of both * ups and horrible politics, but little has matched the sheer cruelty, heartlessness and international embarrassment of the Libs' border policy since Abbott was elected, although I absolutely acknowledge that they've played the politics of it in relation to elections and fear mongering, etc, brilliantly.

EDIT: haha only just now realising that it's JLG posting on the last two pages and not Tas.

How so?

Don't get me wrong, immigration policy in relation asylum seekers and refugees has been a fu** up since the turn of the century with governments from both sides guilty of both fu** ups and horrible politics, but little has matched the sheer cruelty, heartlessness and international embarrassment of the Libs' border policy since Abbott was elected, although I absolutely acknowledge that they've played the politics of it in relation to elections and fear mongering, etc, brilliantly.

EDIT: haha only just now realising that it's JLG posting on the last two pages and not Tas.

Labor introduced mandatory detention for asylum seekers who arrive by boat.

Labor brought in the rule that nobody who arrives by boat will ever be settled in Australia.

Everyone who is stuck on Nauru and Manus is there because of Labor policies.

It is amazing really that they get slaughtered on this stuff when they set it all up.

The Libs just use their policies.

Been consuming ITC2 previews the whole week. Apparently more gruesome, gore than the original along with the other genres that comes with Stephen Kings books.
Thought it was better than the first. Little cameo from the man himself. Liked the kids flash back scenes and how they were de-aged. Had some funny parts but you'd have to watch part 1 to know what they were referring to.
Spiders, urgh, the only scene that made me squirm/jump. The rest of the gore scenes were quick flashes.
Otherwise, rated it 4.5/5.

Last edited:

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Labor introduced mandatory detention for asylum seekers who arrive by boat.

Labor brought in the rule that nobody who arrives by boat will ever be settled in Australia.

Everyone who is stuck on Nauru and Manus is there because of Labor policies.

It is amazing really that they get slaughtered on this stuff when they set it all up.

The Libs just use their policies.
Oh, yeah. I know I personally find it easy to get sucked into that recency bias with this kinds of thing, thinking about the likes of Medevac, and Dutton's depravity and hypocrisy, and what not. As I said, this policy area has been a disgrace from both parties for a long time. It somehow seems more menacing under the Libs as well, I feel like, with the rhetoric around it coming across as more threatening and extreme from them and their supporters. But that taps into an attitude from parts of the constituency that a lot of people like to ignore or play down and it wins votes.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Donald Trump just casually altering path of a hurricane to validate his lie 😂😂😂.

A61D7182-C042-43B8-8EF8-1F5B3392FAEB.jpeg

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I disagree.

The ALP have won one election in their own right in 25 years. Everything wrong with Australia today is at the feet of two decades of Coalition government.

Wrong mate. Labor brought in the policy architecture under which all this stands. In the 90s, in the 00s, it was Labor.

Its is fact.

Out everything you’ve said in jest over Syria and QLD, this is the clincher. ******* underlying rife racism

It is almost like working as a political journalist taught be how to use facts to cut through bullshit Groin guru

Ruling class born to rule entitlement right there. He'd happily send thousands to run at German machine guns and sip his pink gin and the casualty reports came in.

He reminds me a great deal of Lord Melchiot in Blackaddder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back