MRP / Trib. NicNat Watch. Tribunal Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is a huge chance. Thursday night game so lots of coverage, condemned by commentary, not a Brownlow chance = weeks. Christian will justify it however the AFL require him to. The only thing that might save him is a finals discount but I'm not expecting any favours.

c8951ed7d4df2b02a07bdcb6f3602dc7.gif

69d8289a5298db43d7f6f830665aee7d.gif

MRO will look like a contortionist trying to manufacture a way to give him a week.

Ling can G A G F. Was also groaning during the commentary when we got turnovers so his dumb comments are not surprising. At least BT had some common sense about it.

Christian was at the ARC during the game. Should know tomorrow either way?

The Match Review and medical pod will feature three people, including an operator and Match Review Officer Michael Christian. He will investigate incidents as they happen in order to speed up the Match Review process.

"It just makes everything so much more efficient," Christian told AFL.com.au.

"We get to a situation being at the game, watching it live, where we can make sure that a lot of incidents that we'd ordinarily clip that look like they could be a charge, we can dismiss them if need be on the spot so it's not carried over.

"By the same token, we've got the opportunity to look at all angles of a particular incident and make an adjudication almost instantly and on the spot, which is fantastic."

I think there is a huge chance. Thursday night game so lots of coverage, condemned by commentary, not a Brownlow chance = weeks. Christian will justify it however the AFL require him to. The only thing that might save him is a finals discount but I'm not expecting any favours.
Nope. No chance he gets a week. Merret played out the game, they both had a chuckle about it after the match.

Head didn't hit the fence (and no way the choke hand is deemed sufficient force) so has to be body contact low impact.

Unless he doesn't even grade it and goes straight to misconduct fines for both (which is what my guess is).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trial by media and the witchunt to get him suspended is already in full swing.
Nah, SEN this morning they were like a fine at best. That was Gary and Tim with Mike Sheahen, usually on the money.
The one I'm worried about is Gerald, he gets all high horse about stuff and can push an agenda pretty far in the media.

Nah, SEN this morning they were like a fine at best. That was Gary and Tim with Mike Sheahen, usually on the money.
The one I'm worried about is Gerald, he gets all high horse about stuff and can push an agenda pretty far in the media.
Especially when we may be playing his team next week...

The only angle they can offer him a week is for thr act of throwing him into the fence with the standard "not a great example for kids" and "we shouldn't see that in our game" etc etc.

I haven't seen the replay of the incident but I thought i saw, in the ensuing melee, Yeo running in and picking up an Essendon player and slamming him into the ground (Like WWE style). To me it looked much more 'dangerous' than Nic Nat's shove.

Tell me I am going blind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be deemed intentional, he had time to pause and then grab at the throat.

My guess: Intentional, low grade, body, fine. If deemed medium grade he'll get two down to one.

MRO will look like a contortionist trying to manufacture a way to give him a week.

Ling can G A G F. Was also groaning during the commentary when we got turnovers so his dumb comments are not surprising. At least BT had some common sense about it.

Christian was at the ARC during the game. Should know tomorrow either way?

We will have s decision immediately after the Geelong v Collingwood match ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely hes gonna get a week, he grabbed merrets throat and threw him into the fence like a sack of potatoes

Not only did Merritt pull his hair but he shoved his chest out defiantly to say wtf are you gonna do about it ..
Nekkminet he’s lying in the gutter , was a very important moment for the team ..

Not only did Merritt pull his hair but he shoved his chest out defiantly to say wtf are you gonna do about it ..
Nekkminet he’s lying in the gutter , was a very important moment for the team ..

Well, Essendon got a bit of momentum after that, so I don't know entirely about that statement within the context of the game.

Well, Essendon got a bit of momentum after that, so I don't know entirely about that statement within the context of the game.

Good point I had forgotten about the little Essendon stand in the context of the game ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back