Toast Brett Ratten - New Senior Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome news!

Feel sorry for banger though. He's not going to be happy.. snubbed twice by us now.

Yes, I sympathise with Harves, but I really don’t think he’ll be a senior AFL coach. A very good and capable assistant, but just a wee bit “low key” for the top job (IMHO)
PLUS I would have hated to see a club legend copping schitt from disgruntled supporters if the “fairytale” went sour.

I personally think Harvey has dodged a bullet here. It’s such a romantic notion to bring back a club champion as coach, but it can backfire so badly, particularly in a situation like this.

Would hate to see us have another injury-riddled year for our senior players and see the pundits baying for his head.

Yes, I sympathise with Harves, but I really don’t think he’ll be a senior AFL coach. A very good and capable assistant, but just a wee bit “low key” for the top job (IMHO)
PLUS I would have hated to see a club legend copping schitt from disgruntled supporters if the “fairytale” went sour.

He was an assistant under Ratts at Carlton too.

I don't think Banger wants to come back until he is the head coach.

I'd love him to go somewhere other than the Pies for a while though. The Dogs would be good. Brisbane maybe?

Just on Harvs, surely it's time for him to come home now.

If he loves the club as much as we all believe he does, then he should put the disappointment of missing out on the top job behind him and support Ratts in rebuilding the club.
think he may want to be part of a premiership first. certainly won't be one at the saints in the next three years.

Just on Harvs, surely it's time for him to come home now.

If he loves the club as much as we all believe he does, then he should put the disappointment of missing out on the top job behind him and support Ratts in rebuilding the club.
if it was a close choice between the two do you thing Ratten would want the bloke he narrowly beat out sitting in the chair next to him ? i dunno if i would want that to be honest ...
love Harves and feel gutted for him, he is like the friend zoned crush, he wants so much to be with us but we dont see him that way

Amazing story for Ratten, couldn’t be happier for him. Best part for us is we’ve got a coach who’s at least taken his team to finals which is usually a pretty good indicator if someone can coach or not. He witnessed a dynasty first hand and now he comes to us with all that knowledge and you can only assume that he would have to be better the second time round.

Can i just say i think it is disgusting that the club from the start penciled in Brad Scott as the coach behind closed doors. Just because you are friends with some one that shouldn't help your case. The process wasn't fair and he shouldn't be the coach. Fans should be outraged! oh wait...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with this appointment !

I think he could be. I just wasn't too keen for that first gig to be at the saints and have it end badly.

Think this is a brilliant choice and hope he delivers your club success.

Two reason for me to like this choice, one i have always had a soft spot for St Kilda having been the team one of my best friends from primary to high school was we would go and catch every St Kilda Collingwood game. Second one would love to see Rats hold up the cup before Carlton, wouldnt that rub salt in their eyes lol

Plenty out there in social media land that think we did....
I swear they just want to complain for the sake of it.
Probably many of the same ones complaining we stuffed up by taking on Deliveroo as a sponsor 🙄

Dear Mr Ratten,
congratulations on becoming the coach of our club.. This club means a hell of a lot to lots of people , more than perhaps you realise.. thi role you have taken is more than leading the 22 men you choose each week to run out its about representing our club and making us proud to be part of this club.. make no mistake its going to be tough, you are up against it like you have never experianced.. if there is no chance for something to go wrong our club will prove that wrong, we will find new and exciting ways to derail the bes set out plans .. its just our nature to be kicked while we are down .. dont expect fair and reasonable media coverage you are St Kilda now expect Purple to dig through your bins, expect people who have nothing to do with our club to speak like experts on how our club are unprofessional.. expect us to embrace you now .. expect us to be filled with hope while at the same time being pessimistic ..
this will be the hardest job you will take on but deliver us the success we crave and we will hold you as an immortal.. deliver us our second flag and your legacy will last generations.. you are st kilda now .. warts and all embrace us as a fan base and we will give you our loyalty ...
best of luck.. enjoy the ride ..
your truely
Saints fans ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back