Essendon, where are they now?

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Does everyone realise why Freo wont touch Worsefold?

Now the guy is great behind the scenes. However the man doesnt belong behind the chess board. Absolutely stubborn to the end on the opposition and one of those "If we get it right we're unbeatable"

They got off to a great start and had fire, pies got back in it. I think sometimes gameday coaching is over-rated, but today shows why im probably wrong.

I don't think he'll stick around will be a mutual parting of the ways his wife will be telling him to come home

"Thanks John for you services you have been really great at helping the club rebound during a tough time but it's now time for some one else to take us to the next step."

yeee_haaaa!!!!!

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2010
prahran
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think we will lose again only took 5 mins into the first qrt for the Pies to have it locked in their fwd line did well to get up by 19 but after that it was all Pies.

We are a middle of the road side and don't have enough polish to beat the top sides.

Pies absolutely dominated after quarter time . Only poor finishing by the lies kept it close . Ess got them a few times on the rebound but the result was obvious . Could easily have won by 6 goals

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Did Bellchambers at least raise a knee you know make it uncomfortable for Grundy to win the hit out.
Look we lost a complete dead rubber with injuries and umps against us to a good team with top 4 on the line by 11 points. This is TBC's first game back from injury against the best ruckman in the game. No need to melt.

Once again Worsfolds game plan didn't stack up against a good side was out coached by Bucks after qrt time

Bloke needs to go will go no where with him in charge.
Bombers gameplan looked fine. It was just the execution that was poor.

You guys are the turnover kings.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Umps also dominated after quarter time. Funny that.
Normally don’t notice the umpires that much. However last night they were costly against Essendon. Two marks not paid to brown (within goalkicking distance) and then straight down the other end for pies to score.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
Reckons they learnt plenty out of that myself, with a bit of polish they could have won the game, definitely not going into the next game if it’s against them thinking we aren’t without a chance.

Without the injuries and you win. If you play them again this year, Bombers win as long as Hurley and a couple of others are back.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
If we are playing the pies week 1 with their long injury list we are a chance with the players we should have come back in.

Not sure about that

Pies will be getting Degoey,Stephenson and possibly Sidebottom back.

I hope I'm wrong but it will be another quick finals exit.

Coaching staff won't change anything will go with the same game style which makes it easy for Bucks and co to counter Worsfold had a poor night in the box

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Look we lost a complete dead rubber with injuries and umps against us to a good team with top 4 on the line by 11 points. This is TBC's first game back from injury against the best ruckman in the game. No need to melt.

Wasn't a dead rubber when Collingwood full knew that a win will give them a chance at finishing top 4. I melt because we were up by 19 than lose by 11 would have preferd we weren't leading at all Essendon is nothing but a tease.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Not an unexpected result and to be honest we were lucky to make finals in the first place.
Was amazing how willing we were to let west coast have time on the ball in the middle and coming out of defence

Yet another year of minimal pressure footy and when we can’t pressure on the scoreboard we’re a non-entity.

Team needs a massive mindset change.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Not an unexpected result and to be honest we were lucky to make finals in the first place.
Was amazing how willing we were to let west coast have time on the ball in the middle and coming out of defence

Yet another year of minimal pressure footy and when we can’t pressure on the scoreboard we’re a non-entity.

Team needs a massive mindset change.

Clubs need a psychologist to come in.

It's amazing that the playing group have not shown one bit of improvement in mind set you think after years of failure the players will say "enough is enough" and change.

Back