EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From EK or Tulla? Brothers for EK are confirmed out

Hey Itscantbe.
I don’t believe Tulla have any ins this week. Unchanged from last week
No Devine Bartrop Mulvaney Bonnici as I said before.
Should be a cracking game ether way

Hey Itscantbe.
I don’t believe Tulla have any ins this week. Unchanged from last week
No Devine Bartrop Mulvaney Bonnici as I said before.
Should be a cracking game ether way

Hey Barmaid i know a player from Tulla and he has told me Devine and Bonnici are both a lock for tomorrow. Mulvaney should be sweet to go also.

Ek coach announced 2 signings for next year at team selection.

Not sure why you would be doing so when this season hasn’t finished.

Sign players no problems, announce them after season finished.

I agree, it’s just grandstanding. The way the better run clubs do it is to announce it at presentation night.

Why? I’m sure recruiting a certain player then puts pressure on players so others will leave. The player who signed what about there position as Hillside reserves in finals. I don’t like it and it’s just grandstanding. Its very unusual tactic which could backfire.. Where does Dion Hill now fit in next season? I’m sure his not overly happy.

Rumours are Hillside close to signing a gun forward. Watch this space..

I agree, it’s just grandstanding. The way the better run clubs do it is to announce it at presentation night.

Why? I’m sure recruiting a certain player then puts pressure on players so others will leave. The player who signed what about there position as Hillside reserves in finals. I don’t like it and it’s just grandstanding. Its very unusual tactic which could backfire.. Where does Dion Hill now fit in next season? I’m sure his not overly happy.

Dion hill and Colleta in the same forward line that’s scary

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dion hill and Colleta in the same forward line that’s scary

Should be able to get a combined 10 games from them.
Colleta is a talent but I would spend money on a player with a higher % of getting a full season out of
Same as church plays half a year and both miss finals.
it’s obvious that these players at ek have some talent but if I was singing there I would be asking for a cut of pats contract as the players coach themselves bloke can not coach and can not communicate to a team.

If Dion is getting same pay next season I'm sure he'd be rapt getting Coletta.

Takes the pressure of him, reduces the load. Can then afford to rest a few matches.

Greater chance of a flag.

Should be able to get a combined 10 games from them.
Colleta is a talent but I would spend money on a player with a higher % of getting a full season out of
Same as church plays half a year and both miss finals.
it’s obvious that these players at ek have some talent but if I was singing there I would be asking for a cut of pats contract as the players coach themselves bloke can not coach and can not communicate to a team.

Mate im not even from EK and i wouldnt say stupid s**t like that.... you make total sense from 6th to minor premiers in his first year but has no clue... Mate people like you are cooked. Love to see you coach.. comments like that shows you have literally 0 clue mate.

Mate im not even from EK and i wouldnt say stupid s**t like that.... you make total sense from 6th to minor premiers in his first year but has no clue... Mate people like you are cooked. Love to see you coach.. comments like that shows you have literally 0 clue mate.
You obviously haven’t been and heard him speak to the group
His ability to give feedback and instructions at huddle is laughable and I’m not the only one with this opinion
Instruction in a qualifying final at 3/4 time was laughable and played a major factor in why they are now in a prelim final and not having a week off well and truly out coached.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And from 6th minor premiers with the same list as 2018 ?

You obviously haven’t been and heard him speak to the group
His ability to give feedback and instructions at huddle is laughable and I’m not the only one with this opinion
Instruction in a qualifying final at 3/4 time was laughable and played a major factor in why they are now in a prelim final and not having a week off well and truly out coached.
Yep... Same coach that out coached Lance twice during the season.... not bad for someone that has "no clue". and to be honest... Lance moved a defender into the forward line who kicked 2 goals in the final quarter very far from a "master stroke". I was at the huddle at 3/4 time. His advise was to stay composed and stop fumbling the ball and playing nervously. If you watched the game you would of realised that the first 7-9 goals craigieburn kicked in the game was from direct turn overs and free kicks.... Mate i suggest you learn the slightest about football before you comment... lol

Yep... Same coach that out coached Lance twice during the season.... not bad for someone that has "no clue". and to be honest... Lance moved a defender into the forward line who kicked 2 goals in the final quarter very far from a "master stroke". I was at the huddle at 3/4 time. His advise was to stay composed and stop fumbling the ball and playing nervously. If you watched the game you would of realised that the first 7-9 goals craigieburn kicked in the game was from direct turn overs and free kicks.... Mate i suggest you learn the slightest about football before you comment... lol
So what did he do / instruct to stop what young was able to do on the inside of the contest ?
Then being able to link up and kick 4 ? 3/4 time of a div 1 game and you get told to stop playing nervously hmmm fair enough
As to the list management side of it not recruiting does not make you a bad coach but it can make you look better then what you are.
I’m quite comfortable with my knowledge and where my opinion is as they say where all in titled to have our own.
We all knew what c/burn would bring come finals time on the bigger grounds it was no secret. Beating sides twice in the h&a means nothing it’s who is the best side now is what counts and lance had is a game on the day

So what did he do / instruct to stop what young was able to do on the inside of the contest ?
Then being able to link up and kick 4 ? 3/4 time of a div 1 game and you get told to stop playing nervously hmmm fair enough
As to the list management side of it not recruiting does not make you a bad coach but it can make you look better then what you are.
I’m quite comfortable with my knowledge and where my opinion is as they say where all in titled to have our own.
We all knew what c/burn would bring come finals time on the bigger grounds it was no secret. Beating sides twice in the h&a means nothing it’s who is the best side now is what counts and lance had is a game on the day
I’ve always said that the side with the best coach normally wins the gf especially lately in divy 1.
All teams are as good as each other but the coach that can handle the pressure during finals time will assist his side to win the flag.
Just look at the coaches who have coach in divy 1 flags over the last few years. Excellent coaches
Wallis, Morrell, madden,
Bugden and terranova probably had far superior sides when they won.

Mate unfortunately players and coaches reputations are often rated on how they preform on the big stage. EK raging favourites and the coach very confident of winning it. That loss was huge and pretty convincing. EK clearly spending the most coin in this division and fell a The first hurdle. Can they pick themselves up this week will answer this question regarding the coaches ability when his back is against the wall “so to speak”

PS: EK would hope that Arrow goes around again as clearly his a class player and a leader of the group. Josh Grabowski and Lyons also in a leadership role I assume. Personally think without them taking leadership roles it might have been a different story. Not many clubs in this division have players of this caliber. They are more or less coaching on match days!

I’ve always said that the side with the best coach normally wins the gf especially lately in divy 1.
All teams are as good as each other but the coach that can handle the pressure during finals time will assist his side to win the flag.
Just look at the coaches who have coach in divy 1 flags over the last few years. Excellent coaches
Wallis, Morrell, madden,

Well said. Wallis and Morrell excellent coaches. The way to go is appoint a good coach and spend extra rather than go the other way and have a less experienced coach and buy an player or 2.

Bugden had the best side and spent 60k plus more than anyone else.
Terra has Dulic as the general and smartly recruited Winter and others. They had the best side in that year.

Mate unfortunately players and coaches reputations are often rated on how they preform on the big stage. EK raging favourites and the coach very confident of winning it. That loss was huge and pretty convincing. EK clearly spending the most coin in this division and fell a The first hurdle. Can they pick themselves up this week will answer this question regarding the coaches ability when his back is against the wall “so to speak”

PS: EK would hope that Arrow goes around again as clearly his a class player and a leader of the group. Josh Grabowski and Lyons also in a leadership role I assume. Personally think without them taking leadership roles it might have been a different story. Not many clubs in this division have players of this caliber. They are more or less coaching on match days!

I’m not up anyone’s ass but to go 14-2 in The season is an accomplishment in itself with a list virtually built from scratch who haven’t played together. I just like what Pat Christofi has brought to east keilor and div1 by making this season a 3 horse race after only 1 year of building a list and coaching. Honestly can’t see them winning now since both grabowski brothers are done for finals and tulla are apparently at full strength. Even if they do get through who knows what other injuries they might cop now before facing Craigieburn in GF.

Every club has leadership rolls. You need those players on the field. Doesn’t take anything from any coaching panel tho.

Wallis, Morrell, madden,

Don’t think it was a matter of the coach handling the pressure.
Players didn’t show up, could probably pick only 3 EK players that did well. I heard an EK player also broke his hand in the first quarter so the extra on the bench potentially would of helped with the extra run in the last quarter.

Non the less great job by EK for the first season under new management and players etc etc

Young destroyed them last week. What’s the turnaround in this player. Always appeared lazy and at times can go the man instead of the ball. Last week he looked a different player.

Whitnall used his rotations a lot which Pat just relied on the players on the ground. To me Whitnall a couple of levels above Pat with regards to coaching.. But that’s no secret to anyone.

Pat also played Lyons who didn’t appear fully fit. Big mistake and trust your list to be able to cover him. What does that say to the group.. Not sure it’s a good move in a semi final!!

Young destroyed them last week. What’s the turnaround in this player. Always appeared lazy and at times can go the man instead of the ball. Last week he looked a different player.

Whitnall used his rotations a lot which Pat just relied on the players on the ground. To me Whitnall a couple of levels above Pat with regards to coaching.. But that’s no secret to anyone.

Pat also played Lyons who didn’t appear fully fit. Big mistake and trust your list to be able to cover him. What does that say to the group.. Not sure it’s a good move in a semi final!!

You seem mad he took Colleta off your Hillside :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back