Resource Plastics vs Dogs, our northern homeground 3:20pm Sat -travel n tix thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following is some updated Sydney Rail details for those travelling to Plastics Park on Saturday:

The closest station to GIANTS Stadium is Olympic Park. Catch a train to Lidcombe for a direct service to Olympic Park from Platform Zero running every 10 minutes until 10:20pm, then every 20 minutes until midnight.
Express services will run from Central at 1pm, 1:30pm, 2pm and 2:30pm, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.
Fans travelling from Penrith are reminded trackwork is taking place with buses replacing trains between Emu Plains and Blacktown. Rail replacement buses will run every 10 minutes, operating both all-stops routes and express shuttles between Penrith and Blacktown. Trains continue to run between Blacktown and the city.
Trackwork
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 7 September until 02:00 Monday 9 September and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
· City Circle Line: Trains run around the City Circle in one direction only, from Central first stop Museum. Buses replace trains from Town Hall to Wynyard and Circular Quay, in that direction only.
· T1 Western Line: Buses replace trains between Emu Plains and Blacktown. Trains run between Schofields or Blacktown and the City, some to a changed timetable.
· T2 Inner West and Leppington: Leppington trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and the City Circle, from Central first stop Museum.
· T3 Bankstown Line: Trains run between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable.
· T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run from Macarthur or Revesby to the City via the airport, in that direction only. Trains from the City to Revesby or Macarthur run via Sydenham. Buses replace trains in one direction only from Central to Green Square and Mascot, and from Green Square to Wolli Creek, continuing to Sydenham.

Following is some updated Sydney Rail details for those travelling to Plastics Park on Saturday:

The closest station to GIANTS Stadium is Olympic Park. Catch a train to Lidcombe for a direct service to Olympic Park from Platform Zero running every 10 minutes until 10:20pm, then every 20 minutes until midnight.
Express services will run from Central at 1pm, 1:30pm, 2pm and 2:30pm, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.

· T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run from Macarthur or Revesby to the City via the airport, in that direction only. Trains from the City to Revesby or Macarthur run via Sydenham. Buses replace trains in one direction only from Central to Green Square and Mascot, and from Green Square to Wolli Creek, continuing to Sydenham.
Thanks for this. So no issues on the Saturday getting from airport to the ground. Airport to Central, change at Central and if you time it well get an express most of the way to Lidcombe from there.

Anyone else flying up with Virgin today get a text about potential flight delays due to strong winds in Sydney?

So with the free public transport, does it include all of Sydney? So for example if I wanted to catch the train to the city center after the game and then back to my hotel at some time near midnight?

So with the free public transport, does it include all of Sydney? So for example if I wanted to catch the train to the city center after the game and then back to my hotel at some time near midnight?

Yes, that will be free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flying Virgin.
Was scheduled to depart @ 5.15pm this arvo.

I’m now on a flight to Brisvegas @ 6pm tonight & will (hopefully) land in Syd around 10.30pm

Flying Virgin.
Was scheduled to depart @ 5.15pm this arvo.

I’m now on a flight to Brisvegas @ 6pm tonight & will (hopefully) land in Syd around 10.30pm

So why was the 5.15pm flight cancelled. Was it due to the wind

Yeah sh*tty weather here and strong winds in Syd

That's not good to hear. It don't think it's going to be any better tomorrow.

There are going to be some very unhappy supporters tomorrow (including me) if flights start getting delayed and cancelled in the morning

That's not good to hear. It don't think it's going to be any better tomorrow.

There are going to be some very unhappy supporters tomorrow (including me) if flights start getting delayed and cancelled in the morning

They asked if I wanted a direct flight tomorrow morning but I thought it’d be too risky with the forecast of strong winds again

The wind is forecasted to be worse tomorrow. Near gale force. I do believe Sydney Airport will be reduced to a single runway (from three) as the cross wind threshold will be crossed. There will be delays. International flights get priority. I'm flying up reasonably early so hopefully will be OK. Fingers crossed.

The wind is forecasted to be worse tomorrow. Near gale force. I do believe Sydney Airport will be reduced to a single runway (from three) as the cross wind threshold will be crossed. There will be delays. International flights get priority. I'm flying up reasonably early so hopefully will be OK. Fingers crossed.

Winds won't be as bad tomorrow, only blowing 35-50kmh, while they were 35-60kmh today. Sydney Airport is currently operating two runways as of 5:20pm with 34L and 34R currently open. You'll never see three runways open in Sydney anyway.

There probably will be some minor delays but nothing too bad. Saturday is a much quieter day for the airport.

Winds won't be as bad tomorrow, only blowing 35-50kmh, while they were 35-60kmh today. Sydney Airport is currently operating two runways as of 5:20pm with 34L and 34R currently open. You'll never see three runways open in Sydney anyway.

There probably will be some minor delays but nothing too bad. Saturday is a much quieter day for the airport.

Wind direction is important. Wind is currently NW. Tomorrow it is West which is directly cross-wind for two runways. Could potentially cause some issues. Wind for tomorrow morning is still forecasted at +40km/h which is above the threshold for a cross-wind landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back