Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Easily should get another season, possibly two in the form he's in.

Real crowd favourite. Got them up and about and gave them a salute after they got into Stringer and made him spray his shot at goal.

Then at the end of the game the whole team was waiting for him to walk off and he's off down the far end on his own with Willy signing autographs.

Some of his moves in traffic are delicious. Need a GIF of that spin he did on the wing.

Shmiddy15

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel like half the time the guys Jetta is kicking to don’t even know they’re free themselves until he tells them they are. So unreal how consistently he is able to hit kicks that bust the game wide open.

Also is there anything better than Jetta kicking the ball from defence, and it ending up in willie’s hands to deliver into the 50?

We always wanted a line breaking mid, turns out he was one all along, just not in the conventional speedster gaining metres with sheer pace kind of line breaking mid.

Would not have a won the flag last year without him, consistently gave us a reliable outlet from defence and of course popped up for the winning goal in the first final too.

Bluey_McKenna

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
We always wanted a line breaking mid, turns out he was one all along, just not in the conventional speedster gaining metres with sheer pace kind of line breaking mid.

Would not have a won the flag last year without him, consistently gave us a reliable outlet from defence and of course popped up for the winning goal in the first final too.

And that smother in the mad final minutes of the GF

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
And that smother in the mad final minutes of the GF

That was Masten...

a48a16df9ba05b4f4298bff751552fc5

(I know it was ******* Jetts)

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Despite leaving the Swans I still love Jetta and I love seeing him play well. Come alone way from the skinny kid he was in 2010. Sure he is still skinny, but not as skinny as he was in 2010. I remember back then every time Jetta touched the ball you could hear the crowd change pitch as everyone suddenly got very excited at what Jetta was going to do with the ball.

He has also changed a lot since the early days at the Swans as back then he basically took on everyone and a lot of his goals came from the Swans kicking the ball in front of him and him running onto it. He is a bit more conventional these days, but with that comes him being able to use his other strengths, such as his amazing footskills and decision making. He gets much more of the ball at West Coast than he did at Sydney as well. Back at the Swans him getting 15 disposals a game was a very good game for him.

I firmly believe if Jetta was capable of getting the ball 30 times a match he would be considered one of the great players of the last 20 years.

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Amazing game. Man I thought Hurn was a good kick but when you compare him to Jetta it really highlight how special he is.

Is Hurn kicking not as good anymore? Or is Jetta just once in a generation kicking? Willie seems to have his skill but Jetta can dart it from 50m

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Amazing game. Man I thought Hurn was a good kick but when you compare him to Jetta it really highlight how special he is.

Is Hurn kicking not as good anymore? Or is Jetta just once in a generation kicking? Willie seems to have his skill but Jetta can dart it from 50m

Age has caught up to Hurn as his kicks are nowhere near as long as they used to be. In saying that he still have an elite kick and makes the right choice more times than not during kickouts.

Still think Hurn is a better kick than Jetta but doesn’t have the same vision that Jetts has. There’s instances when Jetta kicks the ball and you think wtf has he kicked it there only to see an eagle run onto the ball at full tilt

The other thing Jetta has is the speed/evasiveness to get himself into a better position and open the field up to find those options others don’t see

Back