Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendons list is putride . So many small soft mids . Hepple is their only big mid and he is slow as treacle . Sheil is dynamic but a butcher .
Aging key defenders and if daniher doesnt get back they are going backwards before forwards .
You have the likes of mckernan and brown who are vfl footballs at best .
Stringer is a crab
They also dont have a first rounder .
Yet they still managed to smash us around the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who do we want next week?

I'm hoping the Cats lose, already have a cloud over them in finals, lose tonight they'll have massive self-doubt. Plus NN will cream them

Either way let's hope they belt the crap outta each other
Its looking like it will rain next Friday night so whoever is worse is the rain I want to play.

If we play Geelong and they don't select a ruckman I'd prefer Allen over Hickey. We'd smash them when NN is in there and break even when he's not, plus Allen offers much more around the ground.

The thing Cats have over us is bigger bodied mids, especially with Menegola in. That and we're relatively untried against them. Could go badly.

Against Pies at least we know what we're getting and that we match up well against them even in our poor games.

If we play Geelong and they don't select a ruckman I'd prefer Allen over Hickey. We'd smash them when NN is in there and break even when he's not, plus Allen offers much more around the ground.

I disagree, though its a good debate if it happens.

Take full advantage of their weakness. i reckon.

Hickeys best game ever was against the Cats this year. Nic has full impact coming off the bench and going mental in short bursts, that requires a competent ruck for the rest of the time. We'd control the ruck for the whole game, and have utter domination for NNs 55% game time.

I'm torn, I don't want to face Collingwood again in the Grand Final (assuming we get there). That has 'redemption' written all over it.

On the other hand, I really want to see Nathan Buckley lose back to back Grand Finals as a coach like he did as a captain. That has 'hilarious' written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back