Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
First off... HOW BLOODY GOOD! We've booked ourselves a Home Preliminary Final!

It has now been confirmed that we'll take on GWS at the MCG.

I'd have to say Scharenberg missed the Geelong QF tonight due to match up and match up only. GWS tall forward line exposed us last time, so he plays.

Injury concerns: DeGoey, Greenwood
Banging the door down: Scharenberg, Varcoe, Aish, Reid
In reserve: Wells

IN: Reid, Scharenberg
OUT: DeGoey, Greenwood (both inj)

Last edited:

Oh yeah baby great gutsy, classy win with some great storylines. Darcy so good late, young Browny some class in the heat when it mattered, Sidey busted a nut again, Tay Adams a beautiful Collingwood champ, Treloar good and Pendles the champion such a beautiful man. Thanks to Bucks as well for what he’s given to our club. Love em all. Go Pies.

Out: De Goey, Greenwood
In: Varcoe, Scharenberg

Roughead back up forward Scharenberg and Mayne to cover Greenwood and Roughead down back, Varcoe up forward Sidey to the wing.

Barring possible injuries to de Goey and greenwood I can’t see any changes. Saying that I think Varcoe would be good to get back in.

De Goey off early in the second hamstring tightness apparently. Greenwood I think knee not sure

Out: De Goey, Greenwood
In: Varcoe, Scharenberg

Roughead back up forward Scharenberg and Mayne to cover Greenwood and Roughead down back, Varcoe up forward Sidey to the wing.
No, Roughy needs to be defence. Maybe Reid in if DeGoey doesn't come up in two weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously the injured 2 are out. Varcoe and Shaz/Aish would come in. Of those not injured Noble had zero impact, he literally had 0 rating points, 7 clangers will do that. I'd hope Shaz or Aish replaces him.

Can't see anyone else being dropped, Thomas was poor, but he won't be dropped.

Tough to drop players but looks as if Levi is out injured.

Also the player on the melting ice is Callum Brown.

De Goey until confirmation obviously stays.

In: M Scharenberg, T Varcoe

Out: L Greenwood (injured), C Brown.

If we feel Wells is good enough I’d play him over Varcoe. But a big if.
Interested in practice seconds game information.

Need another tall forward as a get out option. No way Geelong take so many marks in our 50 with an extra tall.

Reid might be that option. Not sure we have another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back