Game Day Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Finals Week 1 - 19:50 AEST, Sep 06, 2019 - No umpiring complaints during game.

Who will win?

• Geelong <10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Geelong 10+ to <30

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Collingwood <10

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Collingwood 10+ to <30

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Collingwood by 30+

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious?

Yep, he was missing like the rest of your midfield in the first 3 quarters when the game had to be won. He played a great last quarter. Whoop de do. The game was over by halftime in all honesty. That’s when he needed to dominate. The first 2 quarters.

Every year the team who wins the EF is talked up to beat the loser of the QF, how often does it actually happen?

Probably better for Geelong, they don't like a week off, now they can go all the way without another week off. Better to lose now than after a week off in the prelim, at least they put up a better effort tonight than Richmond last year...
I love it when people underestimate us!

Better than back to back straight sets dickhead

You might have a good H&A record, but your game plan doesn't stand up to finals football. The amusing thing is Chris Scott hasn't changed a thing since he's been at the club.

Then how about those back to back to back premierships then dickhead

Ouch hahaha

Well that ended up close. Geelong would’ve won easily at home

Awkward, it was their home game. The MCG is the home of football and the home of the grand final. If they can't win at the MCG they are pretty crap.

Every year the team who wins the EF is talked up to beat the loser of the QF, how often does it actually happen?

Probably better for Geelong, they don't like a week off, now they can go all the way without another week off. Better to lose now than after a week off in the prelim, at least they put up a better effort tonight than Richmond last year...
That's all good and well to continue to troll Richmond. We'll just see how you guys cope first after having the week off it certainly didn't help us last year imo.
Congrats on the win and a well deserved week off.

Yep, he was missing like the rest of your midfield in the first 3 quarters when the game had to be won. He played a great last quarter. Whoop de do. The game was over by halftime in all honesty. That’s when he needed to dominate. The first 2 quarters.
Qtr time leading possession winner for cats. Complete dick comments!

Observations

Ablett needs to say sorry to the other 21 on the park tonight. He gave zero, refused to put his body on the line and played like he was still at the suns, it was sad how pathetic it was to see when you compare his efforts to a kid like Narkle and Myers busting a gut, and Gary is supposed to be a "Legend" of his club. I feel for Danger, he has his flaws but you cant question his desire to win a contest, he did everything he could to get them over the line and the stark cold truth is this bloke most likely will never win a flag, that would be a shame.

On the pies, I have never seen the cats play as badly as they did tonight. At no stage did they really challenge the pies and were beyond pathetic, yet the pies only won by 10 points when other sides in the finals would have smashed them by 10 goals. I am not saying that to be nasty, just my opinion. They seriously need to refresh in the break and find some form because there speed is so slow and that is what allowed even a slower side like the cats to stay in the contest.

Lastly Chris Scott needs to have a seriously hard look at himself in the mirror. Outside of his first year, which you could easily argue was on the back of bombers work, not his that won them a flag.his finals record is beyond pathetic. Instead of crying and whining about home ground advantages Chris, go to your board and do what you should have done years ago, change your home ground to MCG dimensions ASAP. I know you love the fact it gives you an advantage that no other sides get, for the home and away but you get so badly exposed in finals.
Can i just say... you reckon theres anything in the fact we applied in your face pressure, stuck our tackles, and set up extremely well behind the ball, and didn’t give them an inch? Any chance you reckon that played a role in Geelong playing pathetic.

We had them rattled. They had no way forward, and Scott is too one-dimensional and conservative as a coach to do anything different

Remember when all anyone could talk about was how Clarko was gonna undo us before the first final last year? This Brisbane game has a real similar feel to it........

Trying to see how the Cats can avoid straight sets and get over The Eagles but can't see it happening. The NicNat inspired Eagles will be a tougher proposition than The Pies imo. and will waltz past Geelong into the Prelim.

Harry Taylor is also cooked and holding on for dear life and he will get first dibs at Kennedy. Funny thing is, coaches won't notice it.

West Coast aren't your archetypal lower 8 team though (in my bias opinion).

True, but they dropped there because they lost some winnable games at home. A trip to hopefully GHMBA stadium against a fired up Cats will be a lot tougher than Essendon!!!

Who’s underestimating you? Was a very simple fact on last years non performance, nothing to do with this year. Besides no one is underestimating Richmond given they are already into a prelim according to most despite still got an away game to win against a side who very much earned a top two spot.

If Geelong is the worst minor premier of all time (I don't disagree) then what does it day for the rest of the competition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I said they were poor users of the ball. Treloar is a jet but is prone to the odd turnover by foot. No questions about Adams or Phillips ability to find the ball either.

Your million dollar man in Flopperfield is hugely questionable with ball in hand. Hope you are enjoying the loss!!! So cocky earlier today

The home & away fixture is unfair though and advantages teams like yours that get nearly all of their home games against travelling interstate sides and which gives them an easier chance to finish higher on the ladder.

Now you whinge that these teams should also get a further advantage of all their finals including the Grand Final at their home ground too.

Yeah you really care about competition fairness and not self-interest for your team :rolleyes:.

I'd be perfectly happy if all clubs had their own home grounds. Or if we reduce the crowded vic teams or if they built a new stadium in Vic. All options to fix your issues.

Making the most importsnt game of the year at a select few clubs' home ground absolutely negates HGA through the season. Who cares about minor premiers in history?

I'm not naive, I'm a realist. It is what it is, its not going to get changed this season, nor for the next 40 years for that matter, so keep the off field stuff for the off season, and let's turn our focus to the actual footy!

BTW, we don't win at the MCG because it's our 'home ground' (it's also Carltons home ground and you've seen their win/loss ratio there over the last few years), we win because our focus is on our football, not all the other superfluous crap that takes away from what we're here for. So instead of bitching about OUR 'home ground' advantage, we let the footy do the talking, yeah?

And, can i just say, resorting to calling people morons because you don't agree with their opinions or points of view is pretty poor form!

How can you so consistently miss the basic point? Mind boggling.

Qtr time leading possession winner for cats. Complete dick comments!

Lachie Neale racked up 52 two weekends ago. Meant nothing. And again your entire midfield was junk for the first half, being a leading possession getter in that trainwreck didn’t really mean to much.

It’s a business enterprise with member corporations. Why are there so many cry babies on this site. It’s footy Not needlepoint

Nice that you’re allowed to stay up, it not being a ‘school night’. Hope you’re not grumpy tomorrow from a lack of sleep.

Sure, but don't get pissy when people don't respect flags handed to you.

That's all good and well to continue to troll Richmond. We'll just see how you guys cope first after having the week off it certainly didn't help us last year imo.
Congrats on the win and a well deserved week off.

Always plenty of Richmond fans to bite in a Pies game thread, but yeah it’s the Pies who are obsessed...

Anyway it’s a god send with our injuries, 95% of teams prefer the week off and it sure didn’t hurt you in 2017. Dogs would be one of the rare ones to actually win the flag not having had the week before off, so it definitely makes a difference the next week

You are deadset taking the piss ?

What we saw was two badly out of form teams who are super slow ( outside of a few players) ping the ball around all night. Last night, the Eagles actually looked like a finals side and did what good sides do, put there opposition to the sword the pies nearly got run over lol
Im not sure what badly out of form means to you... but if you wanna look at the stats, our last 6 or so weeks are as good as anyone in the comp. Are we flying? Nope, but we sure as hell aren’t badly out of form. Get a grip.

Also, Lol.... West Coast played Essendon who had about 4 players who should’ve been booked into off season surgery 2 weeks ago. Essendon werent getting within 5 goals of any other finals team.

You're at home now presumably and out of control.
That's fine mate.
What I do in my own home is my business.
If you want to throw things at players at a game or get involved in fights etc - don't go.
If you get caught - banned, nobody else wants to put up with your s**t.
Sick of d*heads at the footy.

Didn't go tonight - watched the game with a mate of mine - a Tigers man who's had his third bout of chemotherapy.
Some things are more important than footy - that's what these clowns need to appreciate.

Last edited:
I will probably cancel my annual grand final party if these two teams end up playing off in the granny. Absolutely poor excuse for a finals game.

Regardless, always nice to see the Cats lose. Despite my initial comments, I genuinely believe West Coast will roll them next week.
How sad. Neville No Friends. Stay home on a Friday night to watch a TV program you don’t even like.

Back