Game Day Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Finals Week 1 - 19:50 AEST, Sep 06, 2019 - No umpiring complaints during game.

Who will win?

• Geelong <10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Geelong 10+ to <30

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Collingwood <10

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Collingwood 10+ to <30

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Collingwood by 30+

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Always plenty of Richmond fans to bite in a Pies game thread, but yeah it’s the Pies who are obsessed...

Anyway it’s a god send with our injuries, 95% of teams prefer the week off and it sure didn’t hurt you in 2017. Dogs would be one of the rare ones to actually win the flag not having had the week before off, so it definitely makes a difference the next week
Yeah we were lucky that in 2017 it was against GWS. Last year you were way more hungry and the flogging showed.
You guys are confident in beating anyone so I reckon you'll defiantly make the GF and probably win it.
I'm not confident as others seem for tomorow and I'm worried that if dogs win we are looking at straight sets!

Look I definitely don’t agree with Scott’s boring as * gameplan at all... he should be sacked... BUT, anyone that thinks Geelong ‘just played s**t’ and thats why they lost, ridiculous - Wills 13 tackles, Pendles 9 tackles, Treloar 9 tackles, Adams 9 tackles.

Also, we had 97 tackles to Geelongs 75, whilst controlling the possession count for the game - 382 v 328.

We got more of the ball, under less pressure. They got much less of it, under a lot more pressure

That's fine mate.
What I do in my own home is my business.
If you want to throw things at players at a game or get involved in fights etc - don't go.
If you get caught - banned, nobody else wants to put up with your s**t.
Sick of d*heads at the footy.

Didn't go tonight - watched the game with a mate of mine - a Tigers man who's had his third bout of chemotherapy.
Some things are more important than footy - that's what these clowns need to appreciate.
Whooosh.The comment was in relation to being home having any correlation to being in control. And before you retort, it is possible to impinge on other's liberties there too.

Sorry to hear of your mate, hope third time is the last time and he beats his cancer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry Taylor is also cooked and holding on for dear life and he will get first dibs at Kennedy. Funny thing is, coaches won't notice it.
Until your post I'd forgotton about Harry. But yeah in his day he was a Rance like defender that could go forward and kick goals. Had little or no impact tonight.

If Geelong is the worst minor premier of all time (I don't disagree) then what does it day for the rest of the competition?
To me...West Coast have been coasting, Collingwood similarly looked to be in 1st gear a lot of the time, whilst also fielding some very average football sides due to injury. Richmonds final W-L record effected by a patch early where they had a long injury list, if they were fully healthy every chance they finish on top, especially considering geelong smashed them with half their team out. Brisbane are new and rode the momentum wave in the 2nd half of the year, weren’t doing much special early on.

It doesn’t say much to me. All it says is that Geelong are fortunate enough to have a unique home ground advantage. You take away GMHBA and its every chance they don’t make the top 4.

So... Brad Scott, instead of whining about playing the QF at the MCG (listed as one of your home grounds on your website FYI), you should call up Gill and thank him that you get the opprtunity to have another crack. Wouldn’t even have one without GMHBA.

Look I definitely don’t agree with Scott’s boring as fu** gameplan at all... he should be sacked... BUT, anyone that thinks Geelong ‘just played s**t’ and thats why they lost, ridiculous - Wills 13 tackles, Pendles 9 tackles, Treloar 9 tackles, Adams 9 tackles.

Also, we had 97 tackles to Geelongs 75, whilst controlling the possession count for the game - 382 v 328.

We got more of the ball, under less pressure. They got much less of it, under a lot more pressure

Collingwood had more tackles tonight than WCE and Essendon combined. That's pure effort.

I heard Carey and Richardson mention this at the end of the show tonight. That's where a great deal of problems begin.
Some of these commentators just don't get it.
It's why our coach never gets any criticism either. Commentators and the media seem to think we lose finals because of the bye or because we did not play our best footy.
You can only play as well as your opposition lets you. Scott had no answers.

Whooosh.The comment was in relation to being home having any correlation to being in control. And before you retort, it is possible to impinge on other's liberties there too.

Sorry to hear of your mate, hope third time is the last time and he beats his cancer.
Whoosh back at ya. Sorry if my comment came across as bitchy - not intended.
Thanks for your best wishes for my mate.
He's still here and laughing at the comment I am writing - that if Richmond are going to win the flag this year, I hope he dies first - because last time he was an insufferable pain in the arse.

haha as long as i get to see the Pies lose I don't care (his comment - not mine)

And there we go. That should absolutely put to bed any of this ‘geelong just played s**t’ bull s**t

They didn't play s**t, Collingwood just didn't let them get anything going because of the pressure, intensity and effort.

Geelong were jumped early and worked their way back in to the game. If they played s**t then Collingwood would have absolutely blasted them in the end.

Who underestimated who in last years Prelim?
Good luck 2moro btw...
Bringing up last years Prelim makes no sense in my eyes.

It means zero in the final series of 2019. Move on... yeah we beat them in a prelim, but what did it result in? We were both runners up.

The 2018 prelim was sweet, but it means nothing. It literally means nothing anymore.

Yeah probably, but how would you like to tell 65,000 fans they can't get a ticket because the venue is too small when there is a perfectly good 100,000 capacity venue 30 minutes away! It's about the supporters too.... 🤷‍♀️

Is it?
If you had to choose between attending a game and your team winning which one would it be

They didn't play s**t, Collingwood just didn't let them get anything going because of the pressure, intensity and effort.

Geelong were jumped early and worked their way back in to the game. If they played s**t then Collingwood would have absolutely blasted them in the end.
Ding, ding, ding we have a winner

Bringing up last years Prelim makes no sense in my eyes.

It means zero in the final series of 2019. Move on... yeah we beat them in a prelim, but what did it result in? We were both runners up.

The 2018 prelim was sweet, but it means nothing. It literally means nothing anymore.
Mate, butt out - wasn't giving any relevance between last year and this year, just having a bit of banter with a Tigers fan.
Sheeshh.
Keep your 'sense' and your 'eyes' to yourself.

Back