Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was enormous,especially in the last quarter.I was worried when he went off in the third quarter for a while,but luckily it couldn’t have been hamstring related.
Everyone one in my section were holding their collective breath. Some were saying “watch him run straight down into the rooms”. We all calmed down when he took his seat on the bench.

Seems all the Darcy melodrama was largely unwarranted, again, he not only survived but thrived for us last night. So so important.
I did have my heart in my mouth in the 3rd quarter.
Got to his feet, hobbled and then jogged off.
Whatever the Doctor said/gave to him worked wonders!

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Terrific game.

He is a true natural key defender.

Runs at the ball and it’s his judgment that’s just right.

(Can swing forward obviously if required; but only as a tactic if required.)

So athletic and he’s very very tall but plays quick.

Both Moore and Roughead are our big keys down back.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Terrific game.

He is a true natural key defender.

Runs at the ball and it’s his judgment that’s just right.

(Can swing forward obviously if required; but only as a tactic if required.)

So athletic and he’s very very tall but plays quick.

Both Moore and Roughead are our big keys down back.

No he is a forward. Must be a forward. Forwards are great. Forward, forward , forward, he is a forward. He should play forward.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
No he is a forward. Must be a forward. Forwards are great. Forward, forward , forward, he is a forward. He should play forward.
Yeh, nah

:cool::p:)

Someone help me here. Was it late in the third or early in the fourth, when Darcy took a beautiful intercept mark under pressure in defence and kicked smoothly long to our advantage? I know I rose spontaneously out of my seat and the Pies fans burst into applause. But it was a muted kind of applause- not cheering- more like a community giving collective thanks for the rise and rise of Darcy Moore.

Someone help me here. Was it late in the third or early in the fourth, when Darcy took a beautiful intercept mark under pressure in defence and kicked smoothly long to our advantage? I know I rose spontaneously out of my seat and the Pies fans burst into applause. But it was a muted kind of applause- not cheering- more like a community giving collective thanks for the rise and rise of Darcy Moore.
That applause I recall happened after Darcy mopped up a bouncing ball on the last line, kicked to a player standing on around defensive 50m on the Southern side flank. If that’s what you’re thinking of, definitely last quarter.

That applause I recall happened after Darcy mopped up a bouncing ball on the last line, kicked to a player standing on around defensive 50m on the Southern side flank. If that’s what you’re thinking of, definitely last quarter.

I thought it was after a mark rather than mopping up, but you could be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breakout out game for Darcy last night and what a time to deliver that performance!

He has always had superstar quality in his DNA and he absolutely showed us what he's capable of on the biggest stage.

I'd even go as far as saying without Darcy in the last qtr, Pies lose the match. He was that instrumental in intercepting marking and rebounding.

So much man love for Darcy! Very, very pleased for the young prodigious talent.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
VP last quarter as I recall.
Thing of beauty.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The sooner we get rid of this mentally weak show pony the better.......am I doing this right?

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Just wrapped for Darcy, his team mates and even us supporters to see him stand up like that in a final and show what a real champion he can be at his best. Was an incredibly important factor in the result, intercept marks, run and carry, just loved his game, to see him play like that was one of the great stories in a win full of many great moments and sub plots.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
That was sooooo last week, this week he’s a gun and thank fu** we didn’t trade him for a second rounder and a packet of chips.
Yes, it's funny a hammy tweak, or hammy awareness is enough to provoke calls for him to be traded, always for a second rounder. In what universe is he only worth a second rounder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back