Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Encouraging news at DE with Daeshon Hall having a very good preseason so far

Yeah our D-line could terrorize QB's this season, and hopefully protect the LB's from being exposed. Even Miller has shown a bit for a non-early pick rookie. DT's of Cox, Jernigan, Jackson also strong.

Mailata improving with every outing, had a heap of game time yesterday, few issues with penalties but he wasnt alone there, reckon we see him start at some point this season.

Also good to see Clement return to form, birds looked to be stacked at RB this year.

I cant see what youre talking about GG, the clip above he's selling the outside off the snap

i saw it all thru the versus tapes on his college games, and i still see it.

the best wrs dont do that, they make a quick cut one way or the other as they move forward. time is of the essence also when releasing. also, theyre more susceptible to press.

whiteside is a beast with the ball in the air, and boxing dbs out. but his release needs work.

i saw it all thru the versus tapes on his college games, and i still see it.

the best wrs dont do that, they make a quick cut one way or the other as they move forward. time is of the essence also when releasing. also, theyre more susceptible to press.

whiteside is a beast with the ball in the air, and boxing dbs out. but his release needs work.

Do you mean the push off his back foot, that small stutter (call it what you will) on release? His action looks very similar to Alshon Jeffrey to me, had a quick look at his college highlights & I'm struggling to see an issue GG but happy to be educated.

Do you mean the push off his back foot, that small stutter (call it what you will) on release? His action looks very similar to Alshon Jeffrey to me, had a quick look at his college highlights & I'm struggling to see an issue GG but happy to be educated.
yes that shuffle. when he's being pressed he shuffles too long, going left-right-left-right like for a second too long, to get his release. this isn't ideal technique, it's taught out of receivers. you have to move forward for your first step and make a quick shuffle/duke, like head-shoulder fake one way and go the other, and if you're good enough at it, you'll get the quick release and dupe the cb. watch the best WRs in the NFL and you'll see their release is crisp and quick and going forward. like say, antonio brown, keenan allen, deandre hopkins, etc...watch them when being pressed versus whiteside being pressed in any of the "jj arcega-whiteside vs" youtube searches.

not saying he's a bust, just that his technique needs work.

Final cuts from https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...niewski-greg-ward-surprise-joshua-perkins-nfl

INJURY DESIGNATIONS
CB Jalen Mills to reserve/physically unable to perform (PUP)

RELEASED
The following player was not “waived” because he’s a vested veteran and is now free to sign with any team.

OG Stefen Wisniewski

WAIVED
The following players will be subject to waivers.

RB Josh Adams

TE Alex Ellis

DT Treyvon Hester

OG Sua Opeta

TE Joshua Perkins

RB Boston Scott

RB Wendell Smallwood

QB Clayton Thorson

T Brett Toth

WR Greg Ward

Letting Wiz go surprised me a little bit, but waiving Josh Adams stunned me. Our backfield is going to be interesting this year - we have four guys who would be good at number 2 on the depth chart, but none who I'd have huge confidence in as a number 1 (yet in the case of Sanders.)

I've seen that we've shown interest in McCoy. I hope he doesn't come back, he's not at all what we need. Especially if he was replacing Clement.

Everyone could see Wiz going. He just struggled so much this preseason, especially snapping the ball. Herbig went passed him. Plus we dont need as much interior help with Big V moving inside.

I have big faith in Sanders. And I think the coaches do too. Clearly the most talented back we've had since Shady. I expect him to absolutely take control of the backfield. Hopefully get 150-200 carries for the year

WAIVED
The following players will be subject to waivers.

TE Joshua Perkins

Letting Wiz go surprised me a little bit, but waiving Josh Adams stunned me. Our backfield is going to be interesting this year - we have four guys who would be good at number 2 on the depth chart, but none who I'd have huge confidence in as a number 1 (yet in the case of Sanders.)

I've seen that we've shown interest in McCoy. I hope he doesn't come back, he's not at all what we need. Especially if he was replacing Clement.
This is the one I'm stunned by. With Rogers on R/IR and Ertz/Goedert likely to play in more 2 TE sets, I can't believe we don't have a backup TE. Surely they are expecting a better player to be available on waivers or something. Very risky move.

P.S. I don't believe we have shown interest in him, just someone reporting it which the team have refuted (thankfully).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly Doug said today that Dillard could fill in at TE if need be.

As a blocker yes. They're not going to send him on routes. A stud LT is worth so much more than that, you wouldnt risk him.

Doug is known for a little trickery so you never know.
In the biggest game of the season yes, couldn't see them risking a first round pick like that during the regular season. Maybe something they could eventually use Mailata for given his background.

Current Depth chart, good to see Mailata named though the current designation of 'week to week' with his back could mean he wont be seen for a while, great effort to get this far.

OFFENSE
QUARTERBACK: Carson Wentz, Nate Sudfeld, Josh McCown
RUNNING BACK: Jordan Howard, Miles Sanders, Darren Sproles, Corey Clement
WIDE RECEIVER: Alshon Jeffery, JJ Arcega-Whiteside
WIDE RECEIVER DeSean Jackson, Mack Hollins
WIDE RECEIVER: Nelson Agholor
TIGHT END: Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert
LEFT TACKLE: Jason Peters, Andre Dillard
LEFT GUARD: Isaac Seumalo, Matt Pryor
CENTER: Jason Kelce, Nate Herbig
RIGHT GUARD: Brandon Brooks, Halapoulivaati Vaitai
RIGHT TACKLE: Lane Johnson, Jordan Mailata

DEFENSE
DEFENSIVE END: Derek Barnett, Vinny Curry, Shareef Miller
DEFENSIVE TACKLE: Malik Jackson, Tim Jernigan
DEFENSIVE TACKLE: Fletcher Cox, Hassan Ridgeway
DEFENSIVE END: Brandon Graham, Josh Sweat, Daeshon Hall
OUTSIDE LINEBACKER: Kamu Grugier-Hill, Nathan Gerry
MIDDLE LINEBACKER: Nigel Bradham, T.J. Edwards
OUTSIDE LINEBACKER: Zach Brown, L.J. Fort
CORNERBACK: Avonte Maddox, Sidney Jones
CORNERBACK: Ronald Darby, Rasul Douglas
SAFETY: Rodney McLeod, Andrew Sendejo
SAFETY: Malcolm Jenkins, Johnathan Cyprien, Rudy Ford

SPECIAL TEAMS
PUNTER: Cameron Johnston
KICKER: Jake Elliott
LONG SNAPPER: Rick Lovato
HOLDER: Cameron Johnston
PUNT RETURNER: Darren Sproles, DeSean Jackson
KICK RETURNER: Miles Sanders, Corey Clement

Not the TE I was expecting to be called up, but I'm happy now :)

Makes sense, a worry with only the 2 TE's on the roster was we might not be seeing as much 12 personnel as would be expected with 2 outright studs on the team. As much as I love Ertz, I cant wait to see what they do with Goedert this season.
Imagine the options on goal-line / short yardage 🤩

Remove this Banner Ad

Back