Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn’t like the environment at the Crows..
I think the posters against taking Eddie back need to think back to his departure. Had a down year when MM upset the amigos, before a huge resurgence at the crows. Those thinking he is done need to evaluate the output of a happy player versus the noncommitted want away he was this season at the Crows. Note, he still kicked more goals than any of our players. Eddie is still the premier x factor small crumbing forward in the game.

The value as a mentor and coach and the publicity opportunity for our resurgent club are almost impossible to ignore. Given the war chest we have, it would not be ridiculous to absorb his Crows contract for a year, with triggers to a second year playing on a much reduced contract flowing in to a coaching, mentoring and welfare role long term. This would add to the likely "destination club" status of the Blues. It needs to be remembered if we don't use the banked salary cap, we lose access to it. If we pay his contract, then we give Adelaide a Rhys Palmer level pick.

Unless the Bulldogs offer is phenomenal, I am hoping SOS gives a little to acquire Martin. I am sure he would find a prime role, but is a genuine jack of all trades with an under rated hard edge to his game and top notch disposal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teague wants him back.. Lloyd only on seduced contract and SOS is not overly keen
Hmmmm
'Seduced contract' eh?
In-treeeeeeging. Happy to supply perfume and champagne if needed. :p :carlton:

I don't see why the Dogs would prioritise Martin.
Keath and Bruce I get, but Martin not so much.

I guess they have freed up quite a bit of money with Boyd departing, so they can afford to be a little more adventurous.
If it's a matter of money then he'll likely go to the Dogs. The manager will likely make sure of that.

I don't see why the Dogs would prioritise Martin.
Keath and Bruce I get, but Martin not so much.

I guess they have freed up quite a bit of money with Boyd departing, so they can afford to be a little more adventurous.
If it's a matter of money then he'll likely go to the Dogs. The manager will likely make sure of that.
Sounds like Martin is about more than money. Let's hope the management don't sway him toward doggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back