Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on people..get out in the garden....go for a walk....wash the car

it will help the time go quicker till something really happens........ :D
One does not leave the stables when the thoroughbreds drop in for a visit donchaknow? I have prepared my finest apple cider, sugar cubes and oat biscuits. Now go away and leave us to chat. :D we have a club to sort out out here. :snort:

Can’t understand why Silvagni is being so conservative, we desperately need mature bodied talent in any position on the field.

I’m just hoping the Jack Martin situation is purely cause of money looking to be allocated elsewhere.

Tbh I’m not sure why you’d select the direction our club is going instead of the Bulldogs, who also sound like are offering him substantially more.

I can’t see the gameplan here.

In the lower grade Deluca is a ball winning mid and link man.

He'll never play that role at the top level unless we had a truck load of injuries. I don't think they see him as a potential tagger either.

He's limited to being a small pressure forward and he's not really shown he's a stand-out there. Gibbons has looked far more impressive from day one and is probably the minimum you want from a player of this type. Having said that I think Gibbons will be even better next year as we improve.

Edit: and I like Deluca and what he brings. Frankly I'd much rather Deluca ahead of about 8 players on the list because (from what we're told) he sets very high standards of preparation and effort and seems a terrific clubman.

Last edited:
If it's a matter of money then he'll likely go to the Dogs. The manager will likely make sure of that.

Not sure Martin is solely after money. He was very well paid at GC. I reckon he's after a positive supportive environment in which to grow further and achieve some success. I think we'll be very enticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back