Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish I was seeing Immo again. And Bloodbath.

Probably get there at 8pm tonight. Immolation have a 50 minute set and it looks like mostly Atonement material.

Got there just before Abramelin and left as soon as Immolation finished. DF would probably put on a good show but the opportunity to leave the city early on a Saturday was too good to miss. Fair turnout (had top bar open) and both bands were decent. I was happy that No Jesus No Beast was included in the set. Very Atonement heavy as expected and weren't very loud. Ross said new album next year and suggested they'd tour here for it. Next city show to navigate is Dark Angel on GF eve. Checked the supports - think I'll be showing just before DA hit the stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dark funeral were absolutely amazing

Third time I've seen them, and it was the best. The atmosphere they were able to conjure was just oppressive darkness.

Immolation were also great, exactly what I expected from them.

Got there right after Abramelin, I'm a little mad at myself that I missed them.

Third time I've seen them, and it was the best. The atmosphere they were able to conjure was just oppressive darkness.

Immolation were also great, exactly what I expected from them.

Got there right after Abramelin, I'm a little mad at myself that I missed them.
i was right at the front and joined in the pit a bit, god it was fun tho, where were you standing?

i was right at the front and joined in the pit a bit, god it was fun tho, where were you standing?

On the floor, right behind the pit.

Tonight (in sydney), such a classic album, cant wait!

A very good chance i may completely lose my s**t when the thrash break cuts in around the 30 second mark, love it.
And again whenr the 'maideny'-bit kicks in around 1.10

Last edited:

Re-issue on the way too. Hopefully new mix does Barker’s drumming the justice it deserves.

COF were really great last night.
Obviously Dani's band, but he has some top-notch players with him who put on quite the spectacle (no angle-grinders though unfortunately!).
Drummer was a beast.

Latest gets from JB the other day, Dokken live CD/DVD & Havok Conformicide.

The new Havok’s good for something different, early 90’s prog thrash sound in effect..

Dokken live is ok. Never a huge fan of live albums but usually dig live vid/dvd’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back