Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Geelong be able to host West Coast at KP?

I know Scott sooks a lot, but I think they should be able to do that this time.

Geelong never host West Coast at the MCG in the season, so why should they start now?
I am in the camp that if you would allow GWS to host a home final at Spotless then you have to allow Geelong to host a home final. I know the argument against in last nights case is certainly right as where does it leave the 40,000 opposition fans but it is not a level playing field as would the AFL ask GWS to move a home final against Collingwood because 20,000 could not get a ticket ?
On top of that it is not just a finals argument. Geelong want to play all their home games in Geelong as well but demands from opposition supporters mean they lose that argument.
How many Richmond fans miss out this week ?

I am in the camp that if you would allow GWS to host a home final at Spotless then you have to allow Geelong to host a home final. I know the argument against in last nights case is certainly right as where does it leave the 40,000 opposition fans but it is not a level playing field as would the AFL ask GWS to move a home final against Collingwood because 20,000 could not get a ticket ?
On top of that it is not just a finals argument. Geelong want to play all their home games in Geelong as well but demands from opposition supporters mean they lose that argument.
What annoys me the most is Pies fans acting like its not complete garbage.

FMD you got given an advantage, its not going to get taken away because you admit it.

Yeah I agree. I think Geelong should host all finals at KP and all H&A games at KP unless Geelong want to move it to the MCG.

It should be Geelong's call, not the opposition team. It's embarrassing to see Geelong's home game being played at the opposition's home ground with most of the supporters being the opposition team.

What annoys me the most is Pies fans acting like its not complete garbage.

FMD you got given an advantage, its not going to get taken away because you admit it.
Collingwood are the most selfish team in the competition. For example, Eddie gets angry about Geelong wearing blue shorts. 20 year handshake my arse. Collingwood are the away team. Why should they dictate what Geelong wears and where Geelong plays?

How about Collingwood actually get a clash jumper that removes the clash and caters to the home side?

Collingwood are the most selfish team in the competition. For example, Eddie gets angry about Geelong wearing blue shorts. 20 year handshake my arse. Collingwood are the away team. Why should they dictate what Geelong wears and where Geelong plays?

How about Collingwood actually get a clash jumper that removes the clash and caters to the home side?
It's not Eddie's fault or Collingwood's - the uneven playing field that is the AFL comp is all on the AFL. Eddie's job is to get the best deal for the Pies. He does it well. The AFL admin needs to run a cleaner ship if it wants to be taken seriously as a sport rather than entertainment - home finals, clash jumpers, umpiring by the vibe of the rules. The list goes on. This season an F for the AFL.

It's not Eddie's fault or Collingwood's - the uneven playing field that is the AFL comp is all on the AFL. Eddie's job is to get the best deal for the Pies. He does it well. The AFL admin needs to run a cleaner ship if it wants to be taken seriously as a sport rather than entertainment - home finals, clash jumpers, umpiring by the vibe of the rules. The list goes on. This season an F for the AFL.
True.

No way should Geelong play finals at GMHBA.

All Victorian clubs have played their finals at either VFL park or G in old days and now all at the G.

So Marvel clubs like us should play a Prelim (one day!) at Marvel? Vic clubs already have an advantage of playing all GFs in Melbourne.

No way should Geelong play finals at GMHBA.

All Victorian clubs have played their finals at either VFL park or G in old days and now all at the G.

So Marvel clubs like us should play a Prelim (one day!) at Marvel? Vic clubs already have an advantage of playing all GFs in Melbourne.
Maybe it should depend on who the Vic club is playing that determines the venue - if the intention of the ladder position is to give the team that finishes higher at the end of the H&A season a home ground advantage.

Yeah I agree. I think Geelong should host all finals at KP and all H&A games at KP unless Geelong want to move it to the MCG.

It should be Geelong's call, not the opposition team. It's embarrassing to see Geelong's home game being played at the opposition's home ground with most of the supporters being the opposition team.
It's bs that the cats can't play the first 3 weeks of finals in Geelong if they have earnt the right. The pies were handed a prelim berth finishing 4th. Don't get me started on their blessed umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it should depend on who the Vic club is playing that determines the venue - if the intention of the ladder position is to give the team that finishes higher at the end of the H&A season a home ground advantage.

Say the following scenario.

Ess and Geelong get to host semi or Prelim and we’re the higher ranked team.

Cats draw an interstate team and we draw Tigers or Pies.

Lower ranked Cats get to play at Kardinia we will have to play Pies and Tigers at G, no way they schedule us at Marvel where both Pies and Tigers have inferior record.

In this situation Cats get a clear unfair advantage simply by luck of the draw.

Say the following scenario.

Ess and Geelong get to host semi or Prelim and we’re the higher ranked team.

Cats draw an interstate team and we draw Tigers or Pies.

Lower ranked Cats get to play at Kardinia we will have to play Pies and Tigers at G, no way they schedule us at Marvel where both Pies and Tigers have inferior record.

In this situation Cats get a clear unfair advantage simply by luck of the draw.
Note the bolded. If there's to be an even playing field then the venue for our game in your scenario should be based on our home ground advantage - Marvel. Agree that it won't happen.

I think the AFL should get some of the cahones the A-League have in regards to finals and venues. Victory fans were rabid about the '18 final being played in Newcastle, A-League stuck to their guns, Jets earnt their right, simple as that. Victory won anyway (and they still piss and moan about it) so it goes to show that home advantage isn't everything but still worth honouring the teams who earn it. Even if it would've made more money being held in Melbourne.

So are Geelong going to cop the same scathing attack from Gary Lyon for shitting the bed and constantly bombing it to the opposition despite having a settled, organised forward line spearheaded by a generational key forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back