Game Day Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Finals Week 1 - 19:50 AEST, Sep 06, 2019 - No umpiring complaints during game.

Who will win?

• Geelong <10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Geelong 10+ to <30

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Collingwood <10

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Collingwood 10+ to <30

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Collingwood by 30+

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie and Costa had a hand shake agreement 20 years ago that Pies would wear black shorts and black socks, Cats would wear white shorts and hoop socks, 2011 for example.

Yeah so not sure what happened last night, it was a dumb decision to have the cats in the dark shorts especially because Collingwood had their black back jumpers on.

A few of the Geelong boys began racking up the footy by that stage.
I guess when the game died down and it was essentially already lost, they found it easier to get their hands on the pill. Some may call that downhill skier mentality?
Kelly stood out to me. He took it up another level and was winning hardballs and clearances. Alongside Danger, I reckon he got the Cats back into it in the last. Obviously, you needed a 4 quarter effort from him though.

How so?...by beating the bombers?

Yeah Bombers have been dreadful, but were not uncompetitive against the Pies with so many outs, and had come to play. We played far better than the Hawthorn game regardless. But happy for others to write us off.

Quietly confident. Collingwood have the worst users of the ball out of all the contenders so if we keep Pendlebury and Sidebottom quiet I think we will win.

You didn't.

Not saying the cats have been in great form however I think their form is better. Let’s look at the pies last 4 wins, suns and Melbourne the 2 worst sides in the comp, Adelaide who id have bottom 4 on form since the bye and a severely depleted Essendon side who had nothing to play for. If people think the pies are in good form they are kidding themselves. Not to say they can’t win as I don’t really trust the cats either however I think they’ll do enough to get the win.

Form means nothing coming into finals. We have now beaten Geelong, Richmond, Brisbane, West Coast and Bulldogs. Our form is there when it counts.

You are deadset taking the piss ?

What we saw was two badly out of form teams who are super slow ( outside of a few players) ping the ball around all night. Last night, the Eagles actually looked like a finals side and did what good sides do, put there opposition to the sword the pies nearly got run over lol

The slow team that won, embarrassed you with their slow game in the Prelim and first game this year. Then gave you a win when they fielded a VFL team in the last meeting.
Not sure we have anything to fear from Rich.
I know y ou don’t want us in the GF - scars of the Prelim run deep.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The slow team that won, embarrassed you with their slow game in the Prelim and first game this year. Then gave you a win when they fielded a VFL team in the last meeting.
Not sure we have anything to fear from Rich.
I know we you don’t want us in the GF - scares of the Prelim run deep.

Calm down mate. Far too cocky for a team that chokes as much as your team does.

I think its a smart call with the expected rain tonight

Cats 14 points

* But then again they are playing cats home game at the home of collingwood - So unfair

Not one drop of rain. Lucky Jane Bunn is a Collingwood supporter.

Not cocky just stating facts - and we beat you on your deck with half a side.
And NN was playing.

Fact !!!!! Not Cocky
Just facts
Nothing to fear from you either.

PS - you beat witches hats on Friday.

We beat you on your home deck too... I don't see the point of your comment.

Back