Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP Abdul Qadir

Great spin bowler.

After last nights' clash debacle I noticed Eddie mentioning to BT about having a 'white back' jumper to wear against Carlton next year. I've taken the liberty of mocking up a design to email this to Ed.

Wouldn't fix what happened last night, but this is merely for the Blues game.

Just curious, Ryan Pendlebury obviously has ties to Collingwood through Scott and being a former VFL player but is he mates with Brayden Maynard? Just wondered if they had some sort of thing going on.

9F7C8701-7B75-482A-A460-2786922CDEAE.jpeg

I wish I could block Channel 7’s super slow motion footage.
Our game is one of sublime skill, extraordinary acts of physical brilliance, hardness and courage yet we have to put up with endless footage of high fives and players yelling “come on”.

I just read Caroline Wilson's column about GWS that was in today's Age. It reminded me a little of a tooth extraction that i had for a broken molar a few years back. They were both difficult processes - one to extract and one to read.

Evidently, the english teacher at Melbourne Girls Grammar liked long sentences without punctuation. The teacher would be proud of her student. I felt like I had to break out the code deciphering handbook.

I should say that i ended up reading Caroline's column because I was accessing an electronic version of the Age in order to read about the Pies. Like a lot of things in life, you experience things and then you move on.

After last nights' clash debacle I noticed Eddie mentioning to BT about having a 'white back' jumper to wear against Carlton next year. I've taken the liberty of mocking up a design to email this to Ed.

View attachment 741871
Great looking jumper! The white back looks smart.

View attachment 741871
About time.

It’s just EASIER to see both at the ground and on TV.

That simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish I could block Channel 7’s super slow motion footage.
Our game is one of sublime skill, extraordinary acts of physical brilliance, hardness and courage yet we have to put up with endless footage of high fives and players yelling “come on”.

Can I add to this. How many times last night did we miss things on the field in order to see
1. players pointing to their injuries on the bench
2. long lingering looks at coaches sitting like stunned mullets in their booth
3. endless replays of selwood ducking into tackles and getting free kicks

I've emailed it to the Holden Centre so hopefully they can pass it onto him.
Great work.

It’s just so simple. We had this white back black numbers for a few decades.

I’m not against if they wish having when deemed so, the black dominance on the sides of the jumper.

I admit it’s a real stone in my shoe.
I should let it go but every time I think I’m out they pull me back in.

I’ll leave it but take the cannoli.

I reckon we need a similar thread like this that relate to football career moves of former Collingwood players.

On that note it’s great to see Rhyce Shaw has appointed Heath to an assistant coaching role at North Melbourne.

Yes that right.........Heath...........

Scotland!!!!!!

(Although there are brothers on that coaching panel with Brady Rawlings reporting to Jade)

While driving home from work, I was just listening to an interview with Jack Anthony. First of all, the guy speaks very well.
Second, just makes you realise how difficult it is for these players who get cut. Many of them haven’t developed any other skills during the footy career and then are expected to go out and do something for themselves to earn a living. Anyway, a good interview. Jack Anthony admitted he didn’t take advantage of the opportunities presented to him and how he let a lot of people down. It was about 5 years in he realised he had to do more than just train. He had to do extra sessions etc, however, by that time he was already judged and so the opportunity was gone.
Hopefully he can do well for himself outside of footy.

After last nights' clash debacle I noticed Eddie mentioning to BT about having a 'white back' jumper to wear against Carlton next year.

I just noticed and found it interesting Friday night we seemed to be wearing a hybrid of our clash and home kit
As it appears we were wearing the home but with the pin stripes not sure where that came from maybe Ed thought pinstripes on the home jersey would stop the clash

I just found that interesting

Attachments

• 6BE8470E-7D30-4013-9E73-F8771DEF2B8F.png
    6BE8470E-7D30-4013-9E73-F8771DEF2B8F.png
    1 MB · Views: 135
  • 069EE999-95EF-407C-B738-31A44380DE71.png
    069EE999-95EF-407C-B738-31A44380DE71.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 134
  • DCB3C67A-66E8-46D3-AE5D-25F3E4260061.png
    DCB3C67A-66E8-46D3-AE5D-25F3E4260061.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 128
Has seemed inevitable for a while - Don Pyke has resigned (not re-signed) :)

Hardly inevitable. A surprise actually. Most thought they’d continue with this disaster for at least another year. Bit of a shame they haven’t!!!

FYI the bloke doing the “independent “ review (Pavlich) is best mates and business partners with the President. So it’s not really an arms length review, that’s just smoke and shadows behind the curtains.

Last edited:
OK then - has seemed inevitable to me :) If it's a surprise that a club persists with a coach that had clearly lost the players , then that's a surprise to me.

OK then - has seemed inevitable to me :) If it's a surprise that a club persists with a coach that had clearly lost the players , then that's a surprise to me.

Definitely all that. They still haven’t recovered from what happened at band camp. But despite all that the general feeling was that he’d be retained and they’d rebuild his list of assistants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back