List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So after doing the bare minimum research the players that I’m keen on are Ash, Kemp, Flanders and Williams.

Am I on the money or have I missed someone or something?

Got to say Flanders sounds like what we need, mid with the ability to burst away from stoppage.

Robertson is good too, like your style though. Ash is my favourite. Stephens another for the list.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well this is concerning. Perhaps we trade next years first for Hill instead of this years?
Seriously these academies are a stain. They should be AFL run, not tied to the clubs.
The league push the “equalisation” agenda but then have this in place. I have no doubt that clubs like Pies and Bombers would relocate families so they end up in their zone.
I’m going to Gils brothers wedding later this year, might have a sherbets and give him a piece of my mind ha
Yep I absolutely hate it.

You know we’ll never get our fair share.

Yeah molested by the father son rule where teams like Bulldogs and Cats got players coming out of their ears and now getting done over by zoned academies which were only brought in to placate Eddie after he attacked the AFL for allowing ridiculous large zones for GWS which included the Riverina region that is about as a close to Liverpool as the Crows are.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
I posted this in the trade thread:
I think it’s inevitable that Bing will play with us. We’ve certainly asked the question this year. The general view is he’s worth 2 first rounders for us to pry him out.
We can do it this year and send 5 and next years first. I’d want something back from them tho. Maybe their future 2nd rounder. Potentially 2 top 5 picks for a pick 6 and 19 (assuming they finish bottom again)

If they decline a trade this year then we go again next year. Now he’s still worth 2 first rounders but he’s uncontracted. If we’ve traded our first rounder then they can only accept 2021 future first rounder plus change or he walks to the PSD (i get that anyone can pick him up there) and they lose him for nothing.
We can force their hand this year

And so we should, Snake. We keep hearing from the media drones that he won't be realeased before the end of 2020. The media corkheads even have Ming leaving us for the GCS. One suggested it with their vivid imagination and the rest of the hive have jumped on.

I will go out on a very safe and strong limb here. Bing is still a chance to play with us in 2020. 2021 is a certainty. His parents will not go to live on the GC. Ming will never, repeat never, play for the GC.

I will not reveal my thourtheths, but they are right royally relevant!😉

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda

Should be all the more reason for GC to hand Bing over this year. They get a pick in this year's "open" draft rather than a (hopefully) worse one in next year's compromised draft

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
So after doing the bare minimum research the players that I’m keen on are Ash, Kemp, Flanders and Williams.

Am I on the money or have I missed someone or something?

Got to say Flanders sounds like what we need, mid with the ability to burst away from stoppage.

Well behaved, disciplined and a good clubman as well. Tends to bang on about issues of morality, but will provide some balance in that area. No more dwarf burning, pregnant schoolgirls etc. Will have a great time talking to Clavarino!

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well this is concerning. Perhaps we trade next years first for Hill instead of this years?
Seriously these academies are a stain. They should be AFL run, not tied to the clubs.
The league push the “equalisation” agenda but then have this in place. I have no doubt that clubs like Pies and Bombers would relocate families so they end up in their zone.
I’m going to Gils brothers wedding later this year, might have a sherbets and give him a piece of my mind ha

Another dodgy system and so open for exploitation by the richer clubs - a step back 30 years when each club had their drafting zones.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Another dodgy system and so open for exploitation by the richer clubs - a step back 30 years when each club had their drafting zones.

It would be interesting to see where the stars of today would have been drafted to under the old zones.

Anyone got zero life and lots of time to work it out? How would the saints zone stack up??

Do you think Ash and Kemp end up in the midfield?
Williams could represent some serious value with Twoomy having him in the early second round.

Yep, Ash has been playing mid lately. He will be gun. Kemp has the knee and as much as I love him I don't want another injured player unless he's so cheap (which he won't be) that it would be crazy not to have a go.

WhiskySaint

All Australian
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep, Ash has been playing mid lately. He will be gun. Kemp has the knee and as much as I love him I don't want another injured player unless he's so cheap (which he won't be) that it would be crazy not to have a go.
So do you think we are better trading down for say Flanders and Williams or just take Ash?

Sniffy Jenkins

Senior List
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can anyone compare the pair between Flanders and Petracca in their respective draft years and see how the numbers add up. Who has more scope as a midfielder?...does Flanders have genuine scope as a pure Mid @ AFL level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do you think we are better trading down for say Flanders and Williams or just take Ash?

Nothing to trade down so I would take Ash. Also love Ash so would take him anyway.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well behaved, disciplined and a good clubman as well. Tends to bang on about issues of morality, but will provide some balance in that area. No more dwarf burning, pregnant schoolgirls etc. Will have a great time talking to Clavarino!
Ironically, cannot kick with his right foot or handball with his right hand.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
It would be interesting to see where the stars of today would have been drafted to under the old zones.

Anyone got zero life and lots of time to work it out? How would the saints zone stack up??
Rule of thumb: Sandringham Dragons.
So that’s Florent, Taranto, Kings x 2 and Constable just off the top of my head.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.

Indeed, Impatient Saint. In the late 70's we got Moorabbin, Cheltenham and the bayside suburbs, just as all the young families left the area. The drought lasted two decades. We lost Frankston, the Peninsula and surrounds to Hawthorn. Enter, Moore, the Matthews, Brereton, Mew, with Tuck and Knights the Abletts from adjacent West Gippsland. A dynasty right there

I played at school with Gerard and Greg Healy. Edithvale boys, mad sainters whose dad ran the iconic Saints Social Club for many years. Zoned to Melbourne. The Fidges, Bevo, and several others lived on the wrong side of South Road, so had to go to Melbourne.

They could almost literally see the Moorabbin ground from their front doors and couldn't play for us.

We got Mark Kellett and GT, both St.Bede's boys. Mickey Roberts from Beumaris. Our only good area was Ballarat. At least we got Plugger, Spud, the Cunninghams, Burns and Perovic and Gellie amongst others.

Handy players like Kiel, Tweeddale, O'Keefe, Odgers, Mick Frawley and Jeff Dunne were good, but for whatever reason, none realised their full potential. Mick Frawley is the one that sticks in my craw. Gun CHF who could've been anything, but didn't thrive and went back to be a bush champion.

Fast forward to the late '90's. I moved back into the area. Having grown up a Jeff Fehring torpedo from our spiritual home, I brought my progeny back to live in Hampton to play with East Sandy, the feeder to the Dragons.

Imagine if the Dragons were our desugnated feeder, as was the iriginal proposal when the under 18s were created.

Judd, Ball, the Kings, and too many other top ten picks to mention over the past two decades. Flags would've been a given, when you consider up to seven Dragons were picked every year, with many of them becoming A grade, or elite. Most of the East Sandy players were saints' fans, with Auskick and training dominated by St.Kilda jumpers.
Ironically, cannot kick with his right foot or handball with his right hand.

Killer on the left hand side, though. Hang on, didn't the Leftorium go into receivership?

Keg on legs

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Indeed, Impatient Saint. In the late 70's we got Moorabbin, Cheltenham and the bayside suburbs, just as all the young families left the area. The drought lasted two decades. We lost Frankston, the Peninsula and surrounds to Hawthorn. Enter, Moore, the Matthews, Brereton, Mew, with Tuck and Knights the Abletts from adjacent West Gippsland. A dynasty right there

I played at school with Gerard and Greg Healy. Edithvale boys, mad sainters whose dad ran the iconic Saints Social Club for many years. Zoned to Melbourne. The Fidges, Bevo, and several others lived on the wrong side of South Road, so had to go to Melbourne.

They could almost literally see the Moorabbin ground from their front doors and couldn't play for us.

We got Mark Kellett and GT, both St.Bede's boys. Mickey Roberts from Beumaris. Our only good area was Ballarat. At least we got Plugger, Spud, the Cunninghams, Burns and Perovic and Gellie amongst others.

Handy players like Kiel, Tweeddale, O'Keefe, Odgers, Mick Frawley and Jeff Dunne were good, but for whatever reason, none realised their full potential. Mick Frawley is the one that sticks in my craw. Gun CHF who could've been anything, but didn't thrive and went back to be a bush champion.

Fast forward to the late '90's. I moved back into the area. Having grown up a Jeff Fehring torpedo from our spiritual home, I brought my progeny back to live in Hampton to play with East Sandy, the feeder to the Dragons.

Imagine if the Dragons were our desugnated feeder, as was the iriginal proposal when the under 18s were created.

Judd, Ball, the Kings, and too many other top ten picks to mention over the past two decades. Flags would've been a given, when you consider up to seven Dragons were picked every year, with many of them becoming A grade, or elite. Most of the East Sandy players were saints' fans, with Auskick and training dominated by St.Kilda jumpers.

Killer on the left hand side, though. Hang on, didn't the Leftorium go into receivership?

Just checked out dragons draftees.

Hows this for a zoned midfield...

Gawn, Jelly, Merrett, Taranto, Brayshaw

AirWinmar

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Especially when some clubs have the entire central Australia region while we get the area between Dandenong and Frankston but not the actual areas that would have anyone living in them of an alternative background. Only we could have our NGA in the most white area in Australia.
With all due respect Gringo, i dont think most people would think of Dandy as a true blue ozzie area. I would say they are probably in the minority around the greater dandenong area

OxSaint

All Australian
Oct 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
On ‘game day’ the said we are really keen on Cody Weightman and are trying to workout how to keep pick 5 to get him. Anyone know anything about him?

Keg on legs

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
On ‘game day’ the said we are really keen on Cody Weightman and are trying to workout how to keep pick 5 to get him. Anyone know anything about him?

Webster and 2020 2nd or 3rd to GC for 15?

With all due respect Gringo, i dont think most people would think of Dandy as a true blue ozzie area. I would say they are probably in the minority around the greater dandenong area

I don't think we actually got Dandenong though. I think we have Frankston local government area and inner south. I think our border is greater Dandenong. My son plays soccer between Caulfield and the peninsula, Bayside often have teams where there is nothing but white kids. Narree Warren plays and they are like the United Nations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back