Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like it, but im worried sydney would swap their pick 4 with gws for two first round picks and not be reliant on us. Also helps gws get a pick in before Green...
Sydney most likely want to go to the draft with #4 and give #8 and a future first for Daniher, obviously more of a chance to get who they really rate with the better pick...

If Deluca is on shaky ground then perhaps that is the cost of acquiring Betts - Silvagni probably had a strategy in mind - if the coach wants betts, then he has to give up someone else.

Given the 'weaker' draft and the number of list spots we have open, one has to wonder what else we have lined up

A stupid person's response to what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

When I have the time and inclination, I'll detail my reasoning in crayon for you.

How lucky are we to have people like barass come here to share their knowledge?
and me........

source.gif

A stupid person's response to what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

When I have the time and inclination, I'll detail my reasoning in crayon for you.

and this Blues classic:

Last edited:

not wanting to buy into someone else's blue but I've found glove puppets extremely useful in these situations..........

If Deluca is on shaky ground then perhaps that is the cost of acquiring Betts - Silvagni probably had a strategy in mind - if the coach wants betts, then he has to give up someone else.

Given the 'weaker' draft and the number of list spots we have open, one has to wonder what else we have lined up
We'd have to open up either a senior or rookie spot for him if he was to be upgraded to the 2020 list, imo without it sounding disrespectful to him but he is at long odds to be retained because of his limitations as a player, he was more than likely just a depth selection for the players missing because of injury...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wagyu Beef.. I apologise for my response to your comment. To put some context around my statement, here is what I posted a few posts later..

Ive got no problems cutting Deluca as such.

My concern is the waste of time, money and resources in picking him in the first place. He was never picked up with the view of being an A grader, so why not at the very least give him the opportunity to complete a full pre season to truly determine if he has the attributes to make it.

We would have been better off plucking a ruckman with raw potential, or as you mentioned, picking up a player expected to go in the draft a few months earlier than expected and get some time into him if that was the case.

I'll reiterate...an absolutely stupid move recruiting him in the first place, if he is cut

Now having been around this board since about 2006, I've read my fair share of what you would label as 'stupid comments'. s**t, I've posted quite a few myself.
But I have found either ignoring them, responding with a liberal dose of humour, or even compiling a reasoned response to counter a comment will hold you in real good stead around here..
Much love brother..

Go Blues..

At present we're in the running for one Martin like player.

No A graders.

A few fringe players like Butler. Plenty of other clubs don't seem to have issues fitting players that want to be at their clubs in their caps.

If they want them they get them in.

If we ended the offseason adding Dan Butler and Sam Gray that would be underwhelming and a waste of banking money to bring in talent.

Jack Martin is an A grade player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back